over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BACK TO THE BASIC

Why you doing so many sets (10). Routine looks ok but I would change things. You could do 3 working sets for both exercises each day. Or warm ups progressively going heavier then one working set to complete failure. You could do that for all movements. I would personally do that for the main exercises then do high rep (pumping) sets for the secondary exercises... such as 3 sets of 20 reps.

I don't see the need in doing 10 sets for each main exercise. Maybe do that once per month as a change. So my change for your routine would be...

Mon
Weighted dips- warm ups (upto 5 sets) then 1 working set
Incline Flyes- 3 sets of 20 reps

Tues
Deadlifts- warm ups (upto 5 sets) then 1 working set
Pullups- I would personally change to barbell/db/t-bar row at 3 sets of 20. If you want pull ups just do 3 sets at different grips... easiest grip first

Thurs
Military Press- warm ups (upto 5 sets) then 1 working set
Lateral Raises- 3 sets of 20 reps

I would rotate this order so sometimes do lateral raises first as a pre exhaust. I am doing this now. You won't be able to lift as much on the press but a great approach.

Fri
Leg Press- warm ups (upto 5 sets) then 1 working set
Reverse leg curls- 3 sets of 20 reps

Progressively going heavier or completing more reps. Hope it helps
Thank You so much. I will keep to my MTTF W/O.. I also see what your saying. It's nice to have people chime in and help others. I glad to be part of PM

Elvia?

Do you believe working the body once a week, instead of twice a week more productive for growth?

I find I am stronger when I lower the volumn, but up the workouts to twice everything a week, sometimes 3 times a week. i never did grow from once a week workouts, but I know everybody is different.

Do you believe working the body once a week, instead of twice a week more productive for growth?

I find I am stronger when I lower the volumn, but up the workouts to twice everything a week, sometimes 3 times a week. i never did grow from once a week workouts, but I know everybody is different.

For myself (and for most) I feel high frequency/intensity and low volume (per workout) is best for growth. Basically what you write above. As long as your not overtraining I think diet and supplements are everything. Training a bodypart twice weekly probably works best for me. But I may only do 1 exercise per bodypart each workout. 1 working set of 8-12 reps (when I am counting). When you can do over 12 on your working set move up in weight.

I like to chnage it up. love doing full body workouts or even upper andlower body routines. Currently doing full body mon, wed, fri. But it's not set in stone. I will rarely do a bodypart every workout in the week. Most likely twice. When I don't do back I will do it for 2 exercises in the next workout. When legs are last I may do them first the next workout. Very flexible but gives room for lots of progressive. Gonna do this for atleast 6 months as trying to bulk.

BUT, I guarantee you will be a lesser version of yourself.....from this past year. You seemed open minded to a radical strategy from Emeric, you closed minded to this.............odd.

OUCH!!!

Generally I am very open minded. And I respect your opinion very much, ...and especially your eye for detail in your critiques. But with age my goals are evolving a bit. I want to be the best I can be using less and less sups. This year I'll be using even less sups than last year, especially super sups. So I guess, in a sense, I will be a lesser version of myself for a number of reasons. But you do have me intrigued by your post....

Sorry, Tough Old Man. Didn't mean to Hijack. I'll take this to PM.

Well

OUCH!!!

Generally I am very open minded. And I respect your opinion very much, ...and especially your eye for detail in your critiques. But with age my goals are evolving a bit. I want to be the best I can be using less and less sups. This year I'll be using even less sups than last year, especially super sups. So I guess, in a sense, I will be a lesser version of myself for a number of reasons. But you do have me intrigued by your post....

Sorry, Tough Old Man. Didn't mean to Hijack. I'll take this to PM.

THINK YOUNG BE YOUNG!! 58 and getting younger.........NOT OLDER! hahhaha

T.O.M. dont think that dropping squats and flat bench are only due to age. Im in my 20's and already dropped squats awhile ago and still am making size improvements with leg presses. My knees arent quite wrecked yet but they feel 'off' more now, I assume from heavy squats and years of jogging.

Same for flat bench. Im beginning to wonder how important they really are for chest development. And only being around still due to tradition, power lifting, or upper-body warriors lol. I wouldve argued against this myself 2-3 years ago :eek:

Ok first time I did weighted dips in a while and it felt good. No pain and nothing to failure.

reps weight
5 B/W
5 B/W
10 10
12 40
8 60
6 70
3 90
7 75
4 85
10 50

Then 3 sets incline flyes

2 set 20 reps ea rope pushdowns (triceps)

Done in 38 minutes

Where did I go wrong. Chest day

I think you said your body weight was 226lbs. Just at a glance and not banging it out on a calculator, give or take a few hundred lbs. IMO looks like you would be doing the same amount of work just doing 4 sets of B/W X20 REPS FOR DIPS. If you carry the sets to failure each set I think it would be safer and work as well if not better.

To get more from your dips you could try this. Do a set of ten reverse shrug dips with your arms locked out straight and then go into your set of B/W X 20 dips. This will help to recruit more muscle fibers.

Good luck!

Just finished this workout and have to tell you I feel pretty damn good right now. Only struggled a little on the 9th set last rep.

Used a trap bar for deadlifts 10 sets again. Will end this madness this week (maybe)

5 x 150
5 x 250
5 x 300
12 x 250
8 x 300
6 x 350
3 x 400
7 x 330
4 x 330
10 x 275

Then 3 sets of pulldowns using three different bars and widths

Nothings going to replace Bench press...

Dips are good but you wont gain the mass that you could with Bench Press.

Nothings going to replace Bench press...

Dips are good but you wont gain the mass that you could with Bench Press.
Left shoulder prevents me from benching anymore. Funny as I have stated, military presses don't bother my shoulders at all. What would you replace the bench with if you couldn't bench anymore...Possibly weighted dips as I have. Chime in and tell all of us sport fans in Pro Muscle Land what you would do for a bench replacement. .

TOM

T.O.M. dont think that dropping squats and flat bench are only due to age. Im in my 20's and already dropped squats awhile ago and still am making size improvements with leg presses. My knees arent quite wrecked yet but they feel 'off' more now, I assume from heavy squats and years of jogging.

Same for flat bench. Im beginning to wonder how important they really are for chest development. And only being around still due to tradition, power lifting, or upper-body warriors lol. I wouldve argued against this myself 2-3 years ago :eek:

I too dropped both of the lifts you mentioned - squat in favor of front squat, bench press for weighted dip.

I don't feel anybody should be able to say "Those lifts can't be dropped, they're the best!" without knowing the details about the lifter who dropped them. For example, if you have long legs and a short torso, the squat might give you strong hammies and glutes with no nowhere near the quad stimulation as the 5'6" Chinese guy with stubby legs and a longer torso who loves the squat . . . we all are unique in our builds and strength needs.

Left shoulder prevents me from benching anymore. Funny as I have stated, military presses don't bother my shoulders at all. What would you replace the bench with if you couldn't bench anymore...Possibly weighted dips as I have. Chime in and tell all of us sport fans in Pro Muscle Land what you would do for a bench replacement. .

TOM

I know you're wanting a response from the guy who told you how important the bench is, but I see that you are doing weighted dips and military press . . . as a combo, those lifts kick ass.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear