YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

backed into a car. go through insurance or out of pocket?

Poner

Registered
The guy who i hit tells me its $3,500 to fix. i hit his rear bumper backing up and part of his trunk is dented... for his volkswagon 2016 jetta... so trying to decide if i go through insurance or out of pocket... hit him on sunday today is now tuesday.

so now i thin if i go through the insurance it would be cheaper? i was in an accident before a few months ago. another car hit me and it was 90% their fault and 10% mine.. this one i am 100% at fault... So not sure if my rates will be increased by so much like $500 a month for 2 years if i report this rather than pay out of pocket..

i have the cheapest most minimum anount of car insurance... any advice would be nice.

here is my insurance info from geico.(changed the numbers by a few bucks for obvious reasons )

For Others
The below coverages pay out to other parties if the accident is your fault.
Bodily Injury Liability ?
$142.85
$25,000 per person/$50,000 per occurrence
Pays if you are responsible for another person's injury or death in an auto accident. It also pays for your legal defense.
Property Damage Liability ?
$225.40
$25,000 per occurrence
Pays if you are responsible for damage to another person's property.

so this means my insurance would pay the entire thing but my premium may go up in the future. not sure how long it will go up for though.. thats the thing.

Last edited:
I would recommend going through your insurance. I doubt your premium would jump up $500 a month for two years as that is a bit excessive but that depends also on your accident history over the last 3-5 years.

I also would not take the guys word at face value. Unless he had it appraised he can't know it will cost $3,500 to fix. I would utilize your insurance - it's are your disposal for times like this.

Again this is just my .02. I also would recommend you consider increasing coverage. 25/50 is quite low and if you got in a serious accident you would run out of coverage real fast as 25k/50k can be spent in no time.

does he have any PROOF that you hit him...???
any cams or witnesses...????

you exchanged info....????

you admitted guilt....????

any police report....????

if none of the above.....just ignore it....you got away with it.

:cool:

Pretty shitty fucking way to be. I had someone slam into my truck this weekend and take off when i was in the store. Now its me paying for the deductible for an accident i wasnt even in my truck for.

To the op. I would most likely go through the insurance as it shouldn't be too much of an increase.
Like above, i wouldn't just take his word on it though. If going through the insurance they require it to have an official appraisal. So far, my damages are over 2k.

I would use the insurance that what you have it for. If it was a small amount of money like $ 300 that would be different.

Pretty shitty fucking way to be. I had someone slam into my truck this weekend and take off when i was in the store. Now its me paying for the deductible for an accident i wasnt even in my truck for.

To the op. I would most likely go through the insurance as it shouldn't be too much of an increase.
Like above, i wouldn't just take his word on it though. If going through the insurance they require it to have an official appraisal. So far, my damages are over 2k.

you never did something and got away with it....???

you must be a saint...

anyway....its the person who got hit who should have called the cops...
if they didn't....they fucked up.....and they lose.

P.S.....I would have wrote you a sorry note at least....:eek:

Last edited:
I would recommend going through your insurance. I doubt your premium would jump up $500 a month for two years as that is a bit excessive but that depends also on your accident history over the last 3-5 years.

I also would not take the guys word at face value. Unless he had it appraised he can't know it will cost $3,500 to fix. I would utilize your insurance - it's are your disposal for times like this.

Again this is just my .02. I also would recommend you consider increasing coverage. 25/50 is quite low and if you got in a serious accident you would run out of coverage real fast as 25k/50k can be spent in no time.
have only been in 2 accidents. 1 of them was the other drive fault for running through a stop sign at an intersection when i had no stop sign... they said he was 90% at fault... guess its the insurance...

also didnt realize my insurance was so low. kinda scarey .= but its so cheap.. i pay $380 for 6 months coverage lol. thats why i have it.

could have gotten away with it . was outside a pizza store and i didnt see no cameras and no one saw. but knew it would be messed up thing to do and against my morals..

have only been in 2 accidents. 1 of them was the other drive fault for running through a stop sign at an intersection when i had no stop sign... they said he was 90% at fault... guess its the insurance...

also didnt realize my insurance was so low. kinda scarey .= but its so cheap.. i pay $380 for 6 months coverage lol. thats why i have it.

could have gotten away with it . was outside a pizza store and i didnt see no cameras and no one saw. but knew it would be messed up thing to do and against my morals..

agreed....but ask yourself this.....if the situation was reversed....
you think the guy you hit would do the same as your doing...???

and I swear I was in a same situation.....at a pizza place....

I remember I had just lifted one of my trucks...so it still had
the small wheels and tires on it....

guy had backed into the tire...and hit his rear glass on the
rear quarter panel....cracking it.....and I was standing right
there when it happen....like slow motion....

he jumped out like I did something....I wasn't even in my truck..!!!

I was putting fender flares on anyways....so I just let him go...

put a small dent in my rear fender.....flare covered it...

true story.

:)

if it's his bumper the max it would cost is 1500 for a brand new bumper plus the cost of paint and if you know someone they won't charge you the deducable.I'm not seeing what your deductable is?
now depending how bad the trunk is that will be the difference .if he needs a new trunk then you might want to go through insurance.
did he call the cops ,the only way the cost would be that high is if he went to the dealer for pricing and they just over charge

if it's his bumper the max it would cost is 1500 for a brand new bumper plus the cost of paint and if you know someone they won't charge you the deducable.I'm not seeing what your deductable is?
now depending how bad the trunk is that will be the difference .if he needs a new trunk then you might want to go through insurance.
did he call the cops ,the only way the cost would be that high is if he went to the dealer for pricing and they just over charge
how do i find out what my deductable is ???

it says on my geico insurance page..

Property Damage Liability ?
$224.90
$25,000 per occurrence
Pays if you are responsible for damage to another person's property.

it says 25k per occurence so does this mean they pay up to 25k?????

Is there a deductible on liability insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go through your insurance. You'd be a real piece of shit in my book. Then again, maybe I'm a pos in your book.

Your deductible is most likely 500$. You'd be amazed what bumpers/head lights cost. Guy backed into my front right headlight. Had to replace bumper/headlight was about 3,200. I would've guessed on the spot no more than 800$.

you never did something and got away with it....???

you must be a saint...

anyway....its the person who got hit who should have called the cops...
if they didn't....they fucked up.....and they lose.

P.S.....I would have wrote you a sorry note at least....:eek:

I really hope you are joking and trying to be humorous and not being serious.

Go through your insurance. You'd be a real piece of shit in my book. Then again, maybe I'm a pos in your book.

Your deductible is most likely 500$. You'd be amazed what bumpers/head lights cost. Guy backed into my front right headlight. Had to replace bumper/headlight was about 3,200. I would've guessed on the spot no more than 800$.

on my decorations page it says

LIMITS / DEDUCTABLES

PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY

$25,000

THEN UNDER PERSONAL INJURY LIABILITY

$2,000

so i guess i am good then?? $25,000 deductable means they pay for it.
i am also from u-s-a- and use geico.. i guess my country is different than you as my deductable doesnt say $500. it says 25k..... =D just hope my new premium aint 2 grand every 6 months! for the next 2 years ha.

i have zero protection for my own liabiltiy damage though. but my damage aint bad. s i am ok with that.

Last edited:
I backed up into a car. Same situation. Tried to back up to tell a guy in other lane he left his tools on his tailgate. With my truck and toolbox in the bed. I couldn't see a small car behind me. I asked the other party to get three estimates and just paid them direct. I didn't want an insurance hike surcharge etc. I forget how much but they made it a close decision.
Seems this guy you hit was kind enough to not cry injury. Ask for rental car, call cops and get u a ticket for careless... Etc.
Believe me. I thought about taking off as I was younger then. However I'm glad I handled it maturely. It depends if ur state has a surcharge for accidents. Just do the math. 3500 is nothing on such a new car.

If I remember right my insurance went up around $30 a month after I hit someone's car.

on my decorations page it says

LIMITS / DEDUCTABLES

PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY

$25,000

THEN UNDER PERSONAL INJURY LIABILITY

$2,000

so i guess i am good then?? $25,000 deductable means they pay for it.
i am also from u-s-a- and use geico.. i guess my country is different than you as my deductable doesnt say $500. it says 25k..... =D just hope my new premium aint 2 grand every 6 months! for the next 2 years ha.

i have zero protection for my own liabiltiy damage though. but my damage aint bad. s i am ok with that.

The deductable is what you pay before insurance covers anything. I hope you were reading that wrong.

My deductable is $1,500. Which means if i get into a wreck and its my fault, i will have to pay up to $1,500 before my insurance pays anything.

If its the other persons fault then it will go through their insurance, but i have th option to go through mine and pay up $1,500 which I will get back once my insurance sues their insurance.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws