advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Backstage first show with overall winner took second seem legit?

MrMaui

Banned
This is me backstage with the winner. I took second. It was my first show. He was the more polished poser. However I thought I had it opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 578
with the name "mr. maui" i assume thats you ont he left. you look great but the guy on the right is leaner and more vascular.

Guy on the right looks leaner, more vascular and has more muscle. That's not taking away from you, you look great.

I am the white guy on the right the little guy won the overall I took second. I also thought I was leaner more vascular and more muscular however apparently the judges disagreed. Does that seem like a legit call? Is it close?

Last edited:
You got beat by an oompa loompa

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hard to judge by one pic like everyone else is doing.

Your tan/color isn't great which may have washed you out on stage.

If your posing is bad, then that can make a huge difference.

Presentation matters unless you are that much better than the next guy....

He was the better poser and presenter he had done over 40 shows and had more charisma but I thought this was bodybuilding not interpretive dance.

Little more time in squat rack and this thread wouldn't exist..

Far as who is better.

Stage pics... Side by side. Every mandatory pose.

Cant judge who would win a show by a random side tri pose.
You said your posing wasn't great.... well you have more muscle but if you can't pose and show it off, good luck winning anything!!

Get us more to look at it and judge and I'll guarantee you'll have your answer soon enough.

and one last question......

Did you ever go by handle Ikite followed by some numbers?

There was a pro photographer taking mandatory photos waiting to see them but I was leaner than him and drier. Yes his legs are good and mine are a little weak but I am twice his size he had no chest arms or delts. I thought those were important as well.

And yes it is one pic but you can see by the obliques my condition was better a lot better or at least that is what I see. The arms don't even compare he had none. Again though I am not a judge. I did curse out one of the judges about two weeks prior to the show and call him obese and delusional but there was a panel of judges.

Anyway don't want to be a bad sport congrats to the winner I just don't get it at all I didn't think it was close

Last edited:
There was a pro photographer taking mandatory photos waiting to see them but I was leaner than him and drier. Yes his legs are good and mine are a little weak but I am twice his size he had no chest arms or delts. I thought those were important as well.

And yes it is one pic but you can see by the obliques my condition was better a lot better or at least that is what I see. The arms don't even compare he had none. Again though I am not a judge. I did curse out one of the judges about two weeks prior to the show and call him obese and delusional but there was a panel of judges.

Anyway don't want to be a bad sport congrats to the winner I just don't get it at all I didn't think it was close

Okay well once you get the pictures of the mandatories we can all decide who was leaner, dryer, etc.

We just have your opinion to go off and 1 picture, of course in your opinion you think you won, I don't think I've ever met a bodybuilder that would openly say I got my ass beat by such and such. Such a subjective sport that we all participate in.

Cursing out a judge is probably not a great idea, judges don't have to follow a certain "look" they can be any shape and size. Honestly when you've been to enough shows such as judges have, its pretty damn easy to pick a winner of a show. I've been to a few and when I sit close enough to the stage, winners are pretty clear.

To be continued when we see mandatory comparison pics......

I am the white guy on the right the little guy won the overall I took second. I also thought I was leaner more vascular and more muscular however apparently the judges disagreed. Does that seem like a legit call? Is it close?

It is close and he has a tan. His posing and tan took t. You live in Hawaii and don't have a tan for a show? Plus you calling out Judges? Don't asked why you lost.

I didn't call out the judge after the show I called him out a few weeks prior I had no idea he was going to be a judge until I walked out on stage and saw him behind the judging table

He is one of those obese fat trainers who thinks he is a guru can't believe they made him a judge again though there were other judges he made have had me first for all I know so don't want to accuse bias but makes me wonder

It is a subjective sport if you guys say it was close. It just makes me wonder if the competitive sport is some perversion of the actual sport I love because that guy does't beat me in bodybuilding on this planet. I feel like I lost a dance off. He was literally doing like kung foo and shit on stage.

Last edited:
Also I think that was my real tan prior to applying the crap the gave us which was horrible slime. Anyway professional pics to come later of comps this week to get your guys opinions but here is one from stage with a handheld.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 429
There was a pro photo guy up close with a better camera and lens but my friend took these from the side with a regular camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 364
From what I can see....

Apples and oranges physique onstage.
You have a bigger upper body and he has the lower.
His midsection does stand out a bit as well.
You have him in some bodyparts, he was you in some. Bigger doesn't always mean you win. Pics aren't sharp enough for me to call conditioning. You calling out a judge a couple weeks prior wasn't a smart move and could've had some impact on your placing.

My suggestion. Hop on a plane and hit a W Coast NPC show. You'll get a fair shake and more than likely the show will be pretty big. I see two guys on stage for the overall. Just two classes? Maybe you didn't get a fair shake. There's always another show around the corner you could do.

And if you do decide to compete in an NPC show, I would leave talking about the judges out of your prep. Talking down about an NPC judge will render you in tied for last place placing or last call out!

From what I can see....

You have him in some bodyparts, he was you in some. Bigger doesn't always mean you win. Pics aren't sharp enough for me to call conditioning. You calling out a judge a couple weeks prior wasn't a smart move and could've had some impact on your placing.

My suggestion. Hop on a plane and hit a W Coast NPC show. You'll get a fair shake and more than likely the show will be pretty big. I see two guys on stage for the overall. Just two classes? Maybe you didn't get a fair shake. There's always another show around the corner you could do.

And if you do decide to compete in an NPC show, I would leave talking about the judges out of your prep. Talking down about an NPC judge will render you in tied for last place placing or last call out!

If he came out to a Los Angeles show, he might not even place. Too much competition out here and he has too many weak areas.

Last edited:
Pesty...Agree completely. He's tall with an extremely weak lower body. But if hes crying foul on a placing he can always fly to Cali and see what real comp looks like. Not saying it would be the best idea on his part. But if he wants another look by a completely different set of judges.... come on down!

From what I can see....

yeah i attended a show in 2010 ...the guy that appeared to have the better physique went bananas screaming and cussing backstage after placing 2nd.

it could be heard out in the audience. well i was in second row center and i heard it plainly.

what happened... about three class/divisions later the MC came out and announced that the earlier rankings had been changed. guy had been disqualified and took completely out of any placing and that moved everyone else up a spot.

lesson learned = no one ever said life is fair, whether it's politics, poor judging etc... gracefully accept the judges decision, opportunity/experience to have competed, ask around on what they believe you need to improve, then move on.

i think you look good. keep your chin up, you will be the better man that the "iron" is hammering you out to be. happy lifting.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws