over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bacterial overgrowth and gut distention

hawkmoon

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Some of you may recall this has been a struggle for me. It peaked with a food poisoning episode before a show in 2018 and never went away. I have a half-herniated navel and diastasis recti due to this plus food and training very heavy.

I could not do a vacuum to save my life, and tried food sensitivity training with no good results. CT showed no enlarged organs or high visceral fat. Fasting didn't help either.

A couple weeks ago I had to check into the hospital for surgery to clean out a knee infection and treat cellulitis. Five days in the hospital getting Clindamycin, with 7 days of oral upon release. I have been using my own supply of Clarithromycin for about a week since.

I know h.pylori and other gut infections are treated with Clarithromycin and other antibiotics.

Fortunately my cellulitis is almost completely gone, just some swelling from the surgery now.

The big surprise is that my distended stomach is 75% gone now. It's almost flat. I have been out of the gym and my muscles have gone a bit flat as well, but I have kept my food as normal, so it's got to be the bacteria getting routed by the heavy antibiotics. I can't even push my stomach out if I try now, no where close.

I know Dexter Jackson said the secret to shrinking his waist was bacterial in nature, and we have talked here about probiotics.
I am on probiotics all the time and it seems now the good guys are winning.

Just wanted to share as it has been a pleasant surprise on the back end of something unpleasant.
Getting my waist down has been a priority and until now nothing worked.

Prebiotics are like planting tomatoes in a garden full of weeds….yea they might outgrow them eventually.

But if you round up that bed a week prior and kill them fuckers it’s easier to grow what you want.

What I did that helped tremendously, is a week of Fasting EOD. The fast day was one meal at 8pm, meat and sauerkraut, or meat and Kimchi.

During the fast I’d take 2-3 oregano oil pearls and allicin every 4 hours. We are carpet bombing the bacteria, but less intrusively than pharm antibiotics.

You’re gonna have some knarly gas and shits from dying off.

On feeding days, low sugar, fermented food, no massive caloric intakes.

Then I supplement with pre and probiotics for a couple weeks after

Can you get Rifaximin?
It's a nonabsorbable antibiotic that acts locally ONLY in the gut. The lack of systemic absorption gives it an excellent safety profile, sides are basically non-existent.
Also helps tremendously with irritable bowel syndrome.

Some of you may recall this has been a struggle for me. It peaked with a food poisoning episode before a show in 2018 and never went away. I have a half-herniated navel and diastasis recti due to this plus food and training very heavy.

I could not do a vacuum to save my life, and tried food sensitivity training with no good results. CT showed no enlarged organs or high visceral fat. Fasting didn't help either.

A couple weeks ago I had to check into the hospital for surgery to clean out a knee infection and treat cellulitis. Five days in the hospital getting Clindamycin, with 7 days of oral upon release. I have been using my own supply of Clarithromycin for about a week since.

I know h.pylori and other gut infections are treated with Clarithromycin and other antibiotics.

Fortunately my cellulitis is almost completely gone, just some swelling from the surgery now.

The big surprise is that my distended stomach is 75% gone now. It's almost flat. I have been out of the gym and my muscles have gone a bit flat as well, but I have kept my food as normal, so it's got to be the bacteria getting routed by the heavy antibiotics. I can't even push my stomach out if I try now, no where close.

I know Dexter Jackson said the secret to shrinking his waist was bacterial in nature, and we have talked here about probiotics.

Just wanted to share as it has been a pleasant surprise on the back end of something unpleasant.
Did you happen to say anything to the docs that the drug cured your distension too? Is there a test for the bacteria and any idea what foods you eat may have caused your Case to be so bad?

Are you sure it's H-pilori??

I was battling SIBO constantly before my last stomach surgery due to the "blind loop" that was created.
A cycle of Rimfaxin and Cipro worked to knock it down but I had to stay on Cipro till the issue was fixed , But that killed off all good gut bacteria.
There are natural "antibiotics" , oregano oil , Neem , and cinnamon are supposed to work very well without nuking all the guy bacteria

A ketogenic style diet is supposed to help ALOT because the bacteria thrive on glucose..

During the fast I’d take 2-3 oregano oil pearls and allicin every 4 hours. We are carpet bombing the bacteria, but less intrusively than pharm antibiotics.

Allicin is a truly incredible substance. So many publications on it’s widespread health benefits - especially for the maladies that bodybuilders encounter with their hormone usage

Pretty brutal taste though. Like swallowing pure sulfur

Would work faster than ipecac if you need to puke

I suffer from Crohn's and i always have it under control, some small sides every 2-3 years without blood on feces.
For a few years I have noticed that i suffer from abdominal distension (I think it is when I use tren + some oral)
Since this last year I have left that shit forever, I focus on the basics, Some test+Eq+mast, maybe some anavar for a short time.
I added probiotics, enzymes, ginger extract, 20g glutamine, reduced gluten from the diet and in two months my stomach has completely changed, also reduced.
I will never use the train again, for my body that is disastrous.

Congrats watch the good ones too I overdid it and got super sick and distended too it’s all about valance

You had a tough go at things for the past year! I imagine it’s gotta feel pretty damn good to have these issues resolved now. Especially a nagging one! Congrats to you and hopefully things continue to improve!

Cage

I have same experience of abdominal distention because of a bacteria... In a Mt2 vial I used, infected all my organs, anyway in days my stomach become bigger and bigger, I stop orals hgh etc and take some pre and probiotics, digestive enzymes, fasted state and in weeks it come back,

I was battling SIBO constantly before my last stomach surgery due to the "blind loop" that was created.
A cycle of Rimfaxin and Cipro worked to knock it down but I had to stay on Cipro till the issue was fixed , But that killed off all good gut bacteria.
There are natural "antibiotics" , oregano oil , Neem , and cinnamon are supposed to work very well without nuking all the guy bacteria

A ketogenic style diet is supposed to help ALOT because the bacteria thrive on glucose..
h pylori usually precedes sibo, h pylori is in all humans but it remains dormant, acid reflux then gerd normally precede h pylori, low stomach acid normally the culprit which is enabling bad bacterial floura to proliferate and metasticize , i have a really good thread on here somewhere

keto is good but it can come with its own problems after being executed too long, i believe refeed days are crucial for someone on a strict keto diet , ammonia levels rise, cholestasis etc, this can all usually be countered

l reuteri was a very effective probiotic specific to alot of these symptoms, check out my thread also , good points about keto, longterm keto also may have hypoglycemia issues

What I do almost every year and you'll all hate me for this but I just nuke my whole gut with Bactrim DS 3/day x 5 days. I even carry it in my pack on trips and for dysentery and so forth. I've slways taken prilosec with it but this year will be pepcid. I've seen both of those mixed with Biaxin, clindamycin, or amoxicillin and even Levaquin (yes, I get it, the devil 🙄) for this same purpose. Treating ulcers and GI problems.

Aside from those, was Xifaxan which for $6,600 for a short course of treatment, even though my insurance covered it, I said GFY. And the Viberzi which I do keep on hand which is around $1,200/months supply, it lasts for almost a year for me taken as a per needed basis and it works incredibly well. I do those and Bactrim DS and pepcid. At least that is what works for me. Hope this helped somewhat.

Not sure at all - just looking at the usual suspects.
The end result of loss of bloat seems to point in that direction however.

Can you get Rifaximin?
It's a nonabsorbable antibiotic that acts locally ONLY in the gut. The lack of systemic absorption gives it an excellent safety profile, sides are basically non-existent.
Also helps tremendously with irritable bowel syndrome.

I actually ran a short course of that a couple years ago, but didn't do the job. Perhaps too short. I followed the published research on SIBO. I did not however do the anti-fungal combo or peptic blockers.

Did you happen to say anything to the docs that the drug cured your distension too? Is there a test for the bacteria and any idea what foods you eat may have caused your Case to be so bad?

No, he's primarily my surgeon and not aware of my gut concern. I'm just happy to see it go away.
I did have a home test I bought a few years ago, but didn't use it.

I actually ran a short course of that a couple years ago, but didn't do the job. Perhaps too short. I followed the published research on SIBO. I did not however do the anti-fungal combo or peptic blockers.
This is what I tried in place of antibiotics , I was taking a lot of PPI and well as having a blind loop for the bacteria to colonize so it didn't work as well as high dose antibiotics but this trio is said to be fantastic for typical bacterial flair up

Attachments

• IMG_20230402_185554205.jpg
    IMG_20230402_185554205.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 87
This is what I tried in place of antibiotics , I was taking a lot of PPI and well as having a blind loop for the bacteria to colonize so it didn't work as well as high dose antibiotics but this trio is said to be fantastic for typical bacterial flair up
I tried that trio. I don' think it was enough at the time, but perhaps hereafter it would be a good preventative.

You ever try systemic/proteolyitic enzymes? That is what ended up working most for me. I don't think I had issues as severe as yours though but I've known others with serious gut issues and this seemed to help more than probiotics taking at a fairly high dose on an empty stomach.

What I do almost every year and you'll all hate me for this but I just nuke my whole gut with Bactrim DS 3/day x 5 days. I even carry it in my pack on trips and for dysentery and so forth. I've slways taken prilosec with it but this year will be pepcid. I've seen both of those mixed with Biaxin, clindamycin, or amoxicillin and even Levaquin (yes, I get it, the devil 🙄) for this same purpose. Treating ulcers and GI problems.

Aside from those, was Xifaxan which for $6,600 for a short course of treatment, even though my insurance covered it, I said GFY. And the Viberzi which I do keep on hand which is around $1,200/months supply, it lasts for almost a year for me taken as a per needed basis and it works incredibly well. I do those and Bactrim DS and pepcid. At least that is what works for me. Hope this helped somewhat.
Is this similar to a colon cleanse using antibiotics? Basically get rid of any bad bacteria etc and reset things?

Is there a way to test what bacteria colonies you have in your digestive tract so you don't go after this without having some kind of definite cause? I've been having digestive issues for the last month that I'm having trouble really figuring out.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws