over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bad ass bench pressers

buck1973

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
how many we have here? and congrats. wat i consider to have a killer bench 2X there body weight + ?
best i can get is 170% of body weight well short.
425 @ 250
Took me a year to get that last 20 but also added 20 lbs on me:eek:.

Peace

At 200 pounds I did 405x2. I had a knee injury at the time and forgot that I had recently taken a percoset. Without that perc I never would have got it, by the time I run through my warm up set my joints are already aching(elbows,wrists,shoulders and even bicep tendon for some reason).

I have since tried to replicate it without any painkillers in me and the joint pain wont even allow it although I know the muscle is strong enough.

I've done 575 fairly easy raw a few years back at a weight 260. Going heavier wasn't worth the risk of injury. Sure did want that 600 though.

I quit using the exercise the bench press in 2000 so i don't think many would want to know what i have done in the past?
To the few who might, in 1997 @198 class my best raw bench was 470 lbs actual weight was 196 .
In 1999 ,my best raw bench was 520lbs @220 class actual weight was 217.

Though i always used a shirt in competition i always thought a person who lifts should be strong out of it .

Now we have 1000+ benches with a few whom can't press raw 500 which is very disturbing mop.

The gym owner asked my about a month ago if i liked the new competition bench press??
The in his face was confused, when i told him that i only use the flat bench ,to hang my gym bag on it.:D:D:D:D

My best was 563 raw at 220bw I really believe I could have reached 600 but most likely in the 242s

340# at 170, 47 yrs old. Was able to double my weight at 14 yrs old, 210# when I wrestled at 105#.

no one rep sets for me but I've done 495lbs x 10 reps at a body weight of
294lbs. I've incline pressed 495lbs for two or three reps at that body weight
also. wish I had taken some videos now:( thinking of doing a power lifting
meet though so maybe i'll finally be able to see it from another point of view lol.:D

One of my best friends is the best pound for pound bencher in the world. He did a 900lb bench weighing 195lbs (that was in a bench shirt). He has done 600lbs raw.

My best raw bench was 400 weighing 198 and 520 in a shirt.

no one rep sets for me but I've done 495lbs x 10 reps at a body weight of
294lbs. I've incline pressed 495lbs for two or three reps at that body weight
also. wish I had taken some videos now:( thinking of doing a power lifting
meet though so maybe i'll finally be able to see it from another point of view lol.:D

I would really like to see that. 495 x 10 is extremely impressive. Almost unbelievable.

One of my best friends is the best pound for pound bencher in the world. He did a 900lb bench weighing 195lbs (that was in a bench shirt). He has done 600lbs raw.

My best raw bench was 400 weighing 198 and 520 in a shirt.

no idea how he made that cut. your friend is a crazy f*ck and a great lifter, despite his wee nubby carny hands.

I quit using the exercise the bench press in 2000 so i don't think many would want to know what i have done in the past?
To the few who might, in 1997 @198 class my best raw bench was 470 lbs actual weight was 196 .
In 1999 ,my best raw bench was 520lbs @220 class actual weight was 217.

Though i always used a shirt in competition i always thought a person who lifts should be strong out of it .

Now we have 1000+ benches with a few whom can't press raw 500 which is very disturbing mop.

The gym owner asked my about a month ago if i liked the new competition bench press??
The in his face was confused, when i told him that i only use the flat bench ,to hang my gym bag on it.:D:D:D:D

Alright our very own current feature member checkin in
a very impressive 240% of body weight.
1000 lb. benches i seen video on :rolleyes:

At a body weight of 270 I've done:

225x48
315x32
405x13
495x6
545x1 this was a touch and go: nothing official. Put up 525 in a meet

This was when I was powerlifting 2 years back. Graduated high school benching 405 for a single at a body weight of 180

no way could you bench 210 at 105 age 14

No need to lie. I was one of the smallest strongest dudes in high school. I had a shit load of trophies that I though away when remodeling my home last year. When I was a senior in high school I benched 305# in the 148# class raw. We had a 10th grader on our powerlifting team who hit 245# at 114, he was a better bencher than me. I was a better deadlifter. It was fun going into gyms and asking big dudes to work in with them, and they said no because they didn't want to take weight off of the bar. I told them there was no need to I would do whatever they did. Talk about a ego buster when someone weighs 100 pounds less than u and can lift the same weight.:headbang:

No need to lie. I was one of the smallest strongest dudes in high school. I had a shit load of trophies that I though away when remodeling my home last year. When I was a senior in high school I benched 305# in the 148# class raw. We had a 10th grader on our powerlifting team who hit 245# at 114, he was a better bencher than me. I was a better deadlifter. It was fun going into gyms and asking big dudes to work in with them, and they said no because they didn't want to take weight off of the bar. I told them there was no need to I would do whatever they did. Talk about a ego buster when someone weighs 100 pounds less than u and can lift the same weight.:headbang:

I certainly can believe that. Some people are just naturally really strong and have the biomechanics to bench. I have short arms and insanely strong triceps so bench pressing comes very natural to me. I've seen some pretty unexpected crazy lifts from people who don't eve look like they work out.

Last edited:
I certainly can believe that. Some people are just naturally really strong and have the biomechanics to bench. I have short arms and insanely strong triceps so bench pressing comes very natural to me. I've seen some pretty unexpected crazy lifts from people who don't eve look like they work out.

It sucked being short, but the short arms and legs made it really easy for powerlifting. Sumo dead lifts where only a couple inches off of the ground.:)

Yeah, well I benched 650 lbs the other day raw. Wish I would have got it on video. At least I can write about it ;)

I'll take the 100pds of beef, You can have the strong and small. lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear