over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bad cholesterol, what should I do?

anabolicscuba

Registered
Just got my bloodwork done (attached) and my HDL is 14 and LDL is 103. I'm on my fourth week of the following.
750mg test enanthate
600mg deca
40mg Tbol ED - just stopped this today.

Do you think it was the Tbol that trashed my lipids? I already stopped the oral today, should i lower my test/deca dosage in half for a while?

Attachments

• Page1.jpg
    Page1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 361
  • Page2.JPG
    Page2.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Stopping the oral will definitely help. Besides that modify your diet. Pecans really help increase good cholesterol (personal experience). I would definitely modify your diet to increase the monounsaturated fats in your diet.

I would cut inject dosages in half for a few weeks, and retest. Better safe then sorry.

Adding fish oil and niacin may be a no brainer, but just my two cents. Also niacin has a growth factor impact, and every person I've known taking very high dose for cholsterol (prior to statins) had baby faces and full heads of hair. After exchanging the high dose niacin for statins, they lost their looks in a matter of a couple years. I think the niacin amount was huge and intolerable for most people with rosacea/ruddy skin/pale skin, but many people could build up tolerance over time. Note niacin can be toxic just like statins in the liver. I am not an expert, just a reader.

Niacin, fish oil, flax oil are your friends. Anti-e's, trans and saturated fats, and orals are your enemy when it comes to lipids.

Your CBC

Wow, your hemoglobin/hematorcrit are pretty low. Your platelets are sky high, ive never seen one that high. Did your doc say anything to you?

I just noticed that thread you had about the bad injection in your leg. How did that turn out? Did you have this blood sample taken while your leg was all swollen? I suppose its possible your high platelets have something to do with that, might be a stretch. I dont know how high a platelet count needs to be before you worry about clots but yours is about 2x the high normal. Maybe there was some clotting action in that leg that might have caused the swelling, who knows.

Did a doctor see those results or was that a test you did on your own over the net?

I PM'd Alpha 6164 to see what he thought about this since he is an actual MD.

Last edited:
Anti estrogens are bad on cholesterol???

Anastrozole [adex] seems to be worst for most, it will vary from individual to individual of course. Exemastane [aromasin] is least harsh on my own lipid profile and many others. Femara [letro] is somewhere in between. Mind you these are over generalizations but to say many guys have worsened by using an AI is accurate. In most cases though those guys were using adex since its the most widely used

Anastrozole [adex] seems to be worst for most, it will vary from individual to individual of course. Exemastane [aromasin] is least harsh on my own lipid profile and many others. Femara [letro] is somewhere in between. Mind you these are over generalizations but to say many guys have worsened by using an AI is accurate. In most cases though those guys were using adex since its the most widely used

Main reason why to only run an AI if u have to and then stop when u can! Seems most newbies just run an AI in their cycle for the hell of it thus fucking up their lipids just for the hell of it. If ur not gyno prone then stay away, simple.

I just noticed that thread you had about the bad injection in your leg. How did that turn out? Did you have this blood sample taken while your leg was all swollen? I suppose its possible your high platelets have something to do with that, might be a stretch. I dont know how high a platelet count needs to be before you worry about clots but yours is about 2x the high normal. Maybe there was some clotting action in that leg that might have caused the swelling, who knows.

Did a doctor see those results or was that a test you did on your own over the net?

I PM'd Alpha 6164 to see what he thought about this since he is an actual MD.

Hey Maldorf, yeah my platlets were scary high. No idea what the hell caused that other than possibly the leg like you said. I started taking a low dose aspirin and I have a platlet donation scheduled this Sunday. I did this blood work on my own so no MD has seen it. Let me know what alpha says when he responds to your PM.

Hey Maldorf, yeah my platlets were scary high. No idea what the hell caused that other than possibly the leg like you said. I started taking a low dose aspirin and I have a platlet donation scheduled this Sunday. I did this blood work on my own so no MD has seen it. Let me know what alpha says when he responds to your PM.

ok. Im hoping he posts on this thread, I left a link to this and the one for your leg.

Thanks Maldorf for pointing me to this thread. Your platelets are crazy high. Normal is considered up to 450-500k. Anything over 750k for sure is what we call thromocytosis. There is basically two types, primary and secondary. Primary means that it is usually bone marrow/malignancy related. Secondary means that it is reactive to something "secondary." Most causes of secondary are inflammation, infection, bleeding disorders, and certain kidney issues. I also saw a thread where you injected in your leg and which was so painful you couldnt walk etc. That definitely can be a cause of it. If you had an infection on top of the inflammation then it definitely may be the underlying cause.

Either way, i would not just blame it on that and forget about it. Keep a very close eye, take aspirin 325mg daily, and retake your platelets in 30 days if they are still that high you need to see a hematologist asap. Hope that helps.

Thanks Maldorf for pointing me to this thread. Your platelets are crazy high. Normal is considered up to 450-500k. Anything over 750k for sure is what we call thromocytosis. There is basically two types, primary and secondary. Primary means that it is usually bone marrow/malignancy related. Secondary means that it is reactive to something "secondary." Most causes of secondary are inflammation, infection, bleeding disorders, and certain kidney issues. I also saw a thread where you injected in your leg and which was so painful you couldnt walk etc. That definitely can be a cause of it. If you had an infection on top of the inflammation then it definitely may be the underlying cause.

Either way, i would not just blame it on that and forget about it. Keep a very close eye, take aspirin 325mg daily, and retake your platelets in 30 days if they are still that high you need to see a hematologist asap. Hope that helps.

Thanks for chiming in on that, thats what I thought too. My hemoglobin/hematocrit have been so elevated that my hematologist/oncologist finally broke down and did a bone marrow biopsy last year. Luckily I was normal so it appears that it is probably my HRT that has my levels raised and he was aware of that but wanted to rule out cancer. So my blood problem is secondary.
So do as Alpha says and have another CBC in 30 days and see if that count is still so high then see a hematoligist/oncologist if it is still that high.

Alpha, are all Hematoloigst usually Oncologists too?

Thanks a lot alpha, I appreciate the advice and I'll up the aspirin dose to 325mg tonight. I'll get another CBC done in 25-30 days, I had had planned on getting my blood drawn again soon anyway to see if my lipids have improved from taking Tbol.

Thanks again, scuba.

For elevated cholesterol there is a prescription drug called Mevacor that
contains Lovastatin which inhibits the liver from synthesizing cholesterol. It does so by inhibiting a specific liver enzyme.
Red yeast rice contains Lovastatin naturally and is available over the counter. 2.5-3 grams daily has been shown to have similar effects as the drug Mevacor. Lovastatin can cause muscle damage in higher dosages. So again more is not necessarily better. Coenzyme Q-l 0 appears to prevent this effect.
Niacin (Flush-free) also aids in reducing negative cholesterol problems. 1-3 grams daily has shown significant results in most individuals.

liver cleanses work, because ldl cholesterol turns into bile, if your not dumping your bile because of plugged up liver then your ldl will be hi

Yea the tbol neds to go

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity