over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BAD News about Finasteride

I hate this fucking drug!!! Took it for 3 months and developed gyno.(Wasnt on AAS at all and hadn't been for years). Never did i have problems with gyno until i ran it. Not even on over a gram a week of gear.I mean never! Now every time i cycle i'm battling a lump. For what?!?!? a stronger hair line? I use rogain and nixon shampoo.If i go bald so be it. Not going to take a drug with all un reversible side effects to try and keep my hair.

my .02

I've used finasteride and dutasteride on and off multiple times for the past 10 years, but maybe a total of about 2-3 years on during that time. I started it before ever trying gear and ive never experienced a single side effect from it, not one.

It's scary though to think about, either you will or you won't have sexual sides. I remember my first script, doc said it's perfectly safe, less than 1% of males experience sexual dysfunction from using it.

There are forums specifically for guys who have horrible sides long after stopping use but I also think the majority of them have other health issues they are not taking into account or are taking other combinations of drugs. I'm not saying it doesn't happen because I'm sure if it can elevate estro then it can cause loss of libido and gyno.

I remember one guy saying his dick lost size due to use, his testicles shrunk and he had low test and high estro as a result. Well when you have zero libido and can't get hard it's going to appear smaller I'm assuming. A friend helped him by basically running a pct protocol of hcg 1000iu eod with biweekly blood test, after about 2-4 weeks he started producing some test from the hcg injects, then ran clomid and nolva with an AI.

He was fine for about a month, went thru the process again and as far as I know he is fine now but it may be the case that he was hypogonadal to begin with and made the assumption it was finasteride causing his issues, who knows.

I know a guy that's been on it since the clinical trials and has used it for the entire 15-20 years I believe and has zero issues. Knowing now the risk I would have not even tried it but also knowing now that I don't get sides from it , I will continue to use it. My problem is I never stay on it. It works best over time, 1-2 years is working well, 5 years is supposed to be great and from then on you won't lose hair but I run allot of deca and tren and was always advised to come off during those cycles and that it would increase hair loss, actually it most likely just makes deca as harsh as all other androgens.

I have to say it works much better then topicals. I'm using nizoral 1% and rogain foam, both are ok, plus I've been using polysorbate 80 for almost two months, it's an experiment for myself because I read that their were small studies showing it worked better than minoxidil and would regrowth hair on the frontal area but the FDA and some others had it banned from marketing it as a prevention for hairloss, soni guess merk didn't want that cutting their profits and made some donations to have it blocked.

At this point I can't see any difference but their studies showed regrowth at 6 months continuous use, but it was the beginning stages of growth so very fine hairs but they were growing on 60 year old men who had lost the hair some time ago.

Also guys are crushing up finasteride and mixing it into minoxidil the shaking for a suspension of both, and they claim that the alcohol acts as a carrier to get the finasteride into the scalp so it can work but doesnt cause sides because of blood concentrations.

Really WTF, how have we not figured out how to stop hair loss or prevent it or regrowth it. Again , merk is probably paying people off to prevent that so they can continue to profit from monthly sakes for a life time. I tend to thing the drug companies also add things to cause some issues as a "side effect" that would require another one of their products.

And for the people who think their aren't good hair transplants, that's because you can't tell it's been transplanted on a good job. I know a few guys who spent between 2k and 11k to keep their hair and you cannot tell at all, it looks very good. I didn't even believe the one guy because he has such perfect hair, but he showed me the pics of the progression. The old plugs were bad and obvious, hair pieces are obvious, and their are bad transplant docs. Actually a dentist can take a few night courses and now be certified or licensed to transplant hair and do other certain "cosmetic" procedures. Its funny that guys are awake during transplants becauseit looks brutal, they cut a strip off the back of your head, sew it shut, then separate all of that into one, two, and three piece grafts of hair. Then they puncture the skin and push them into the scalp to begin growth. The guy I saw pics of ended up with a scab covering the entire front of his head where he was bald, then over the months you could see it fill in but with tiny little fuzzy looking hair, then it started to grow like normal. It takes some time after having it done to heal and for it to grow but once it does, you should not be able to tell at all. The bad ones are the obvious ones but unless you can wear a hat to work, a week or two is not long enough to have off but I guess if you were already thin or bald people will know anyway.

But they also have transplant patients use finasteride and minoxidil after to ensure it grows and prevent further loss.

I'm not sure I can rationalize 10k on hair, I'm sure I've spent that on gear but at 35 and thinning, it's not abnormal and I keep it very short anyway and I'm fine with how it looks and have a hot girl who is constantly rubbing my head(s) so I think I'll pass on it and stick to topicals and finasteride.

Well, I guess that makes Avodart(dutasteride) even more valuable. It is very effective at reducing BPH.

Well, I guess that makes Avodart(dutasteride) even more valuable. It is very effective at reducing BPH.

Dutasteride is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor like finasteride only dutasteride inhibits 2 types of enzymes while finasteride only blocks one.

this is what i was thinking so then the question is WHY is finasteride causing these sides? Is it from the DHT blocking or is it a reaction with the body specific to finasteride...
Dutasteride is better any way, but is it better for you?

this is what i was thinking so then the question is WHY is finasteride causing these sides? Is it from the DHT blocking or is it a reaction with the body specific to finasteride...
Dutasteride is better any way, but is it better for you?

Read my post above yours, they are in the same class of meds....only Duta is stronger.

Let me help clarify how 5ARI's work, Estradiol, and DHT, and their interactions:

1. Some biochem textbooks actually classify testosterone as a pro-hormone, because it has a weak affinity for the AR (androgen receptor). After testosterone is metabolized into DHT, it has a VERY strong affinity for the AR.

2. Testosterone metabolizes into both estradiol and DHT, if you block one pathway, you INCREASE the other. So blocking conversion to DHT increases aromatization to E2.

3. Finally we have competition between androgens and estrogens. If you have less androgen around, any estrogen you have will be MORE active.

All these things have been "bad news" known about ALL 5ARI's (including dutasteride). Here is another interesting tidbit, newer research shows estradiol might more of the cause of prostate cancer than DHT, and taking DHT blockers increases E2...

Last edited:
Let me help clarify how 5ARI's work, Estradiol, and DHT, and their interactions:

1. Some biochem textbooks actually classify testosterone as a pro-hormone, because it has a weak affinity for the AR (androgen receptor). After testosterone is metabolized into DHT, it has a VERY strong affinity for the AR.

2. Testosterone metabolizes into both estradiol and DHT, if you block one pathway, you INCREASE the other. So blocking conversion to DHT increases aromatization to E2.

3. Finally we have competition between androgens and estrogens. If you have less androgen around, any estrogen you have will be MORE active.

All these things have been "bad news" known about ALL 5ARI's (including dutasteride). Here is another interesting tidbit, newer research shows estradiol might more of the cause of prostate cancer than DHT, and taking DHT blockers increases E2...

Nice post, it also has a warning now of more severe or higher order prostate cancers with it because of a masking effect on prostate tests. I take DIM with it and lots of liver support due to the increase in estradiol.

Glad I could help everyone out. I myself have been on it for about 9 years with no side effects. I have a thicker head of hair then I did at 20. I guess the sides do manifest in some people. Once the hair is gone its tough to get it back. I use it as a preventative measure. Good luck bros.

Indeed nice post.

This explains why I need at least 0.75 mg letrozole ED when running a cycle of 250 mg test enanthe EW.
I'm stacking this with 0.5 mg dutasteride and 5 mg finasteride ED due to hair loss issues.

My nipples is somewhat affected and they are more sensitive than before. I had pain and was on 20 mg tamoxifen ED for approx 25 days. The upper dose of the letrozole was 2.5 mg ED.

I pin HCG once a week. On that day I need 1.25-1.5 mg of letrozole.

I have no hair loss on this cycle and I am definitely suffering from MPB.

Indeed nice post.

This explains why I need at least 0.75 mg letrozole ED when running a cycle of 250 mg test enanthe EW.
I'm stacking this with 0.5 mg dutasteride and 5 mg finasteride ED due to hair loss issues.

My nipples is somewhat affected and they are more sensitive than before. I had pain and was on 20 mg tamoxifen ED for approx 25 days. The upper dose of the letrozole was 2.5 mg ED.

I pin HCG once a week. On that day I need 1.25-1.5 mg of letrozole.

I have no hair loss on this cycle and I am definitely suffering from MPB.

One has to wonder why the medical community has never considered using AIs and 5ARIs together for prostate issues. There is only one study I know of that looked at blocking both DHT and E2 at the same time. It found that the combination of blocking both caused massive prostate growth, but keep in mind they were using a very high dose of both the AI and the 5ARI.

Effect of dual inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase and ... [Prostate. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI

Dual inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase and aromatase resulted in a significant increase in prostate volume, accompanied by a 3-10-fold increase in serum testosterone levels and a significant increase in testicular volume.

Last edited:
I stopped taking this at the beginning of the year. I didn't have any major adverse reactions, worst was very minimal loss of sex drive but other than that all good. But over the past couple of years of taking it I have heard more and more negative issues, hence why I stopped. I now just use Rogaine

My doc had me on Finasteride alike 2 years ago to supposedly keep prostate in check and to prevent hair loss while on test therapy. I had some sexual disruption issues. Stopped taking it and I returned to normal. Thank God!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws