over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bad news...

jp513

Registered
So my girlfriends been riding me to go to the Dr lately cause I've been having heart palpations, I ignored her cause I figured I'm only 28 there's nothing wrong with me.well Today at work I had a girl do an ekg on me. It came back abnormal and said possible ischemia. The Dr I work with said I should atleast have a stress test done. I don't have insurance so I'm not sure how to go about things..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Actually, it's great news because you caught the problem before anything happened. I know you're scared and are fearing the worse, but I can't even begin to tell you how many EKG's I've done and it says "possible ischemia". Those computerized interpretations are not reliable at all so don't focus too much on that. With that being said I would definetely follow up with a cardiologist and possibly get a stress test and echo... Definetly get labs done. Good luck, buddy.

So my girlfriends been riding me to go to the Dr lately cause I've been having heart palpations, I ignored her cause I figured I'm only 28 there's nothing wrong with me.well Today at work I had a girl do an ekg on me. It came back abnormal and said possible ischemia. The Dr I work with said I should atleast have a stress test done. I don't have insurance so I'm not sure how to go about things..

Whats a stress test cost?

Call around. Its a pretty standard protocol and so find a reasonably good provider who has a better price.

Let us know? You need to get it done!

IPG

Last edited:
Following up on what the guy above me said, you know whats more expensive than tests? Missing months of work for recovery after you have a problem, etc. Preventative medicine can be the cheapest method in the long run, it just might not seem like it at the moment

Actually, it's great news because you caught the problem before anything happened. I know you're scared and are fearing the worse, but I can't even begin to tell you how many EKG's I've done and it says "possible ischemia". Those computerized interpretations are not reliable at all so don't focus too much on that. With that being said I would definetely follow up with a cardiologist and possibly get a stress test and echo... Definetly get labs done. Good luck, buddy.

I have never seen nething tht says possible ischemia. It always says posterior wall infarction cant be ruled out. or xyz infarction cant be ruled out.

OP where are you from, there should be help for the uninsured in your area.

I have never seen nething tht says possible ischemia. It always says posterior wall infarction cant be ruled out. or xyz infarction cant be ruled out.

---------
Indeed-if live in USA-most counties have county health care systems that provide low cost or free care for uninsured. chk it out and consider discontinuing use of any exotics you may be using-till u know what's goin on?

Thanks guys. We are actually in the process of getting insurance at my work. When I looked online it said $1200-3000 is about the average for the test! So hopefully insurance goes through

Thanks guys. We are actually in the process of getting insurance at my work. When I looked online it said $1200-3000 is about the average for the test! So hopefully insurance goes through

Damn that sucks to hear man.. glad you caught it though. I know how it is having no insurance.. I don't have a "career" yet so I don't have any either, im making minimum monthly payments on dr bills from having tests done before.. sucks bro. But it'll all be ok im sure.. just get it checked, health is always more important bro.

If you live in the U.S. you can get individual blue coverage from blue cross blue shield for less than a hundred dollars a month. It covers 100% with $30 copays, check it out on their website or call the 1-800 number from the website for info. Once paperwork is done your covered

I've ran several posterior wall MI's and it's NEVER caught it. If there is ANY ST depression or inverted T waves then the monitor will say ischemia.... Also, if the ST depression is in any other lead besides V1-V4 then there is no way it's a posterior MI. There again it could be the difference in cardiac monitor brands. I use the life pak 15 and as I said above even when I do have a posterior MI all the monitor says is "Ischemia in anterior-septal leads". But like I said I never pay attention to those interpretations bc they're usually wrong. I trust my knowledge way more than those bs readings and any GOOD medical care provider will tell you the same. ;)

If push comes to shove, get the test done with no insurance, then work out a payment plan with the provider. Most providers are more than willing accept a reasonable monthly payment (like $100/month), not report you to credit bureaus - all you have to do is ask, and demonstrate a willingness to work it out.

Hope it doesn't come to that, and I hope that when you have the test done and covered by insurance, that it turns out to be a false alarm.

Here you go Grenada. Text book posterior MI that I ran last year. Notice the interpretation? Not arguing or anything... Just sharing :cool:

bde65a75.jpg

Last edited:
Very good advice here and not much to add but I can think of a couple of things that are worth mentioning. Take it easy and don't stress out. Relax, I know it is easier said than done but the fact is, it is probably nothing serious. If you do get stressed out, that's normal by the way, get your GF to give you a massage/back rub and just relax.

Follow up on the insurance and stress test. If you get too worried and start to have palpitations go to the ER and tell them you're having chest pains. They may well give you a stress test there. I had a neurologist tell me to do this for something besides chest pains b4 I had ins. It worked. They gave me the tests I needed and then I was instantly eligible for my states medicare.

Good luck bro it will likely turn out to be to nothing serious just the same I will keep you in my prayers.

Bro, spend the money and get it taken care of!!! People put things off bc of no insurance, bad idea. I know medical procedures/tests costs money, but is money more important than your health? You can make payments on it man, get it done!

Bro,

If you will narrow down the option and get it down to about $1000, get it scheduled, we will get you the $1000.

You might be honest and tell them you are without insurance, doctor says you need it, have some friends willing to help, but would they please help by providing a discount.

Set it up, get it scheduled two weeks out so we can get you the money. Just send us an email when you have done that.

Consider it a gift from the board.

IPG

Fuck, who needs Obamacare????????

IP, I'm saving me pennies up and hope to be in touch soon buddy ;)

Listen.. I have some good advice for you.

** Be sure the quote for the test or procedure is the payout amount that insurance will typically pay - NOT THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE CHARGE.

Big difference. You see...YOU WILL BE PAYING CASH and therefore you should only pay the customary amount that they would typically RECEIVE from the insurance company.

For example:
If the procedure is billed to insurance for $1000, however the agreed payout (customary payout) is $400 - then the provider gets $400 and a $600 write off (all accounting bullshit).

Why should you pay $1000, when you are paying cash and they are willing to accept $400 from the insurance company!

FWIW - I know this works. My father was uninsured for a long time and has done this many times when squaring up hospital bills.

Best of luck to you...

Last edited:
Bro,

If you will narrow down the option and get it down to about $1000, get it scheduled, we will get you the $1000.

You might be honest and tell them you are without insurance, doctor says you need it, have some friends willing to help, but would they please help by providing a discount.

Set it up, get it scheduled two weeks out so we can get you the money. Just send us an email when you have done that.

Consider it a gift from the board.

IPG

IPG you guys are awesome. Always willing to help someone out that says alot you guys help people out all the time.:headbang:

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner