over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bad PIP or infection/cellulitis? Help

That would be my approach if the pain is getting worse now or not better. You mention that it is noticeably better now though?

Yes it's a little better now.
Redness is slight and stable, no warm.
Probably i've done the mistake of training legs two days in a row plus cardio the day after, pushing through the pain

Here is a pic: https://ibb.co/mqxa4z

The injection site is the one indicated by the arrow. The circled area is the painful one.
As you can see, there is slight redness down further the injection site.

Based on my own experience, i have had much worse redness, about the size of both my hands side by side, warm to touch, nothing ever came of it. Once the oil dissipated which was about 3-4 days, all was normal.

That is not to say you shouldn't get it looked at by a professional.

At the moment my left quad is sore as fuck and swollen!!! I did 1ml of DHB, but shallow injection ( 5/8''). I am sure this is the reason for it. I pinned 1ml into right quad using 27 gauge @ 1.5'' deep. Slight sore but nothing major.

My point is make sure you go deep enough into the muscle, by using appropriate size needle.

Based on my own experience, i have had much worse redness, about the size of both my hands side by side, warm to touch, nothing ever came of it. Once the oil dissipated which was about 3-4 days, all was normal.

That is not to say you shouldn't get it looked at by a professional.

At the moment my left quad is sore as fuck and swollen!!! I did 1ml of DHB, but shallow injection ( 5/8''). I am sure this is the reason for it. I pinned 1ml into right quad using 27 gauge @ 1.5'' deep. Slight sore but nothing major.

My point is make sure you go deep enough into the muscle, by using appropriate size needle.

Thank you.
Now the pain is getting better and the slight redness is stable. No warmness at all.

Probably you are right.
I've used a short 25g needle (about 3/5 of inch, 16 mm of length ) and maybe i've gone not deep enough.
But this can be an infection cause?
Because i always sterilyze the vial, the skin, i carefully wash my hands with soap and alchool and i change the needle used to draw from the vial with a new one.
And with the same short needle in quads i've never had a problem injecting 0.5 ml of prop.

Thank you.
Now the pain is getting better and the slight redness is stable. No warmness at all.

Probably you are right.
I've used a short 25g needle (about 3/5 of inch, 16 mm of length ) and maybe i've gone not deep enough.
But this can be an infection cause?
Because i always sterilyze the vial, the skin, i carefully wash my hands with soap and alchool and i change the needle used to draw from the vial with a new one.
And with the same short needle in quads i've never had a problem injecting 0.5 ml of prop.

Not going deep enough wouldn't cause an infection, but it would cause redness and most likely inflammation. Quads, butt cheeks should be done at 1.5'' depth, with delts around 5/8 - 1'' depth.

I am on trt and have been doing sub q shots lately. I shot 0.1 ml into area around my belly button, it's now a small knot, slightly red, slight tender to touch. I am sure the redness is irritation and not infection

Like you i always swab vial with alcohol, clean area thoroughly, etc...

I personally have done .5 ml of masteron prop with no issue into quads, even when i was going too shallow. Once i went up to 1 ml, using same technique the area got red and was damn sore.

Not going deep enough wouldn't cause an infection, but it would cause redness and most likely inflammation. Quads, butt cheeks should be done at 1.5'' depth, with delts around 5/8 - 1'' depth.

I am on trt and have been doing sub q shots lately. I shot 0.1 ml into area around my belly button, it's now a small knot, slightly red, slight tender to touch. I am sure the redness is irritation and not infection

Like you i always swab vial with alcohol, clean area thoroughly, etc...

I personally have done .5 ml of masteron prop with no issue into quads, even when i was going too shallow. Once i went up to 1 ml, using same technique the area got red and was damn sore.

Thanks. You have reassured me a little with your answer.
Now the pain is gradually reducing and leg mobility is increasing.
Redness is still there, no more, no less. Still no warmness, swelling or lump.
The pain is not a burning sensation/cutaneous, but it's a deep pain, like a muscular strain or very intense doms.

Here is a pic: https://ibb.co/mqxa4z

The injection site is the one indicated by the arrow. The circled area is the painful one.
As you can see, there is slight redness down further the injection site.

Omg that is nothing lol.
I've had bad bold cyp that caused my quads to literally turn into rocks and made me limp severily when I walked and it turned bright red/warm. I Pushed through my cycle for three months of that hell.before I trashed the other 10 bottles.

Now bad shots just happen. I hit my teardrops for the first time a couple weeks ago and both of them got very sore/red/warm.

Thank God things seem getting better and for 90% i think i can rule out an infection. Redness is almost gone and pain is getting less intense.
I will never pin my glutes/quads with a short needle again!
By the way, next week i think i'm going to lower test dosage (from 500 to 250/week) and add some masteron (200 mg/week), just to free up more test, add a little hardness and make a more steady and clean bulk.
I was wondering if i have to change the needle two times (better safer than sorry?), the first when i draw from test vial and the second when i draw from masteron vial (3 needle total). I got so scared that from now i will take every possible precaution.

Ok guys, i was wrong and i'm just freaking out again.
Just now i've noticed that there is an hard lump, not painful to touch, not warm or too much red.
The strange thing is that is located about 3 inches down from the injection site. Wtf is going on?
Now are passed exactly three days from injection.

Ok guys, i was wrong and i'm just freaking out again.
Just now i've noticed that there is an hard lump, not painful to touch, not warm or too much red.
The strange thing is that is located about 3 inches down from the injection site. Wtf is going on?
Now are passed exactly three days from injection.

That picture you posted doesn't show any signs of infection, looks normal to me. There would be a lot of redness there. Not using at least a 1 inch needle might have caused issues. I always use a 1 inch for everything and no issue there.

I really doubt you have a problem there, but if it makes you sleep better at night see a doc and get some antibiotics. That is if the doctor doesn't go ape shit when you tell him about using steroids. When I finally went in, I went to an urgent care and not my regular doc.

A little update:

Redness is totally gone, pain is almost gone and i'm enjoying my cycle again.
Yesterday i've pinned 1 ml from the same vial into the right glute with a 23g 1.1/4" and had zero problems.
I would to thank everyone and apologyze for my paranoias.
You were right, i made the mistake of pinning in a large muscle with a too short needle.
Now i have a last question, if i mix two products from two vials in the same syringe, how many needles should i change? Should i change the needle before drawing from the second vial and then change it again before injection?

A little update:

Redness is totally gone, pain is almost gone and i'm enjoying my cycle again.
Yesterday i've pinned 1 ml from the same vial into the right glute with a 23g 1.1/4" and had zero problems.
I would to thank everyone and apologyze for my paranoias.
You were right, i made the mistake of pinning in a large muscle with a too short needle.
Now i have a last question, if i mix two products from two vials in the same syringe, how many needles should i change? Should i change the needle before drawing from the second vial and then change it again before injection?

Yes, change it both times. Needles are cheap and it's the safe way to do things.

I agree with Maldorf, no visual signs of infection. Test Prop is notorious for PIP. Why this time and not prior injections...who knows:confused:

I would draw with a fresh 20g (both vials) and inj with a fresh 25g, but that's just me.

I always just drew with 1 needle from multiple vials. IMO it is safe as long as you don't go touching that needle on anything that isn't sterile. For instance, if that needle bumps into your hand or the counter surface throw it away. You should be capable of drawing from more than one vial without touching anything besides the stoppers of the vials.

Be sure to wipe off the stoppers with rubbing alcohol before you draw each one. If you have two vials to clean then you should wipe those with alcohol at the same time and then let them air dry till they are good and dry. Then you can draw from each one in succession, bang bang. You don't want to draw from one then have to wait for the other stopper to be cleaned. Clean them at the same time and draw back to back.

Then you change to another pin that is fresh for your muscle. If you use that same pin it may still be sterile but it will be nice and dull after going through 2 stoppers.

Couple of other things. Be sure to wipe down the injection area with alcohol before you inject. Do that a bit after you wipe down the stoppers. Wait for the alcohol from the stoppers and your leg to evaporate and dry up otherwise I think you run a slight risk of injecting some of that rubbing alcohol into your muscle with the injection. I think that actually happened to me a few times. I think it is most possible to pick up some isopropyl alcohol on the needle when it penetrates the stopper if it is still wet with it. That alcohol is poisonous to tissue and would cause a lot of pain.

Long time lurker here. I want to say first and foremost in my first post here that I'm in awe of the wealth of knowledge among the vets, and active members here. Much respect guys. As for the thread, I was just hospitalized for a tricep infection 2 weeks ago. Had 2 abscesses in my arm, with an aggressive infection spreading into my forearm all in a weeks time since pinning. You'll know when you have an infection, swelling, redness, hot to touch I can vouch for being true. It sure as hell wasn't my first pin ever, and I was dosed some truth in the ER. Even if the area is swabbed with alcohol thoroughly, you can still get an infection as some microbes make it past this sterilization method. I was told every injection carries risk for infection, and I found out the hard way that is true. Just something to keep in mind, stay safe brothers.

Is there a better disinfectant than alcohol?
I've read somewhere that chlorhexidine is one of the best.

Yes, i've used the same vial before with no problems, but never went over 0.5 ml.
Now there is some slight redness spreading down from the injection site but it's not swollen or hot to touch.
Pain is like deep muscular pain and it get worse when bending the knee.
Should i go to a doctor?

It’s because of the volume in the the certain muscle. Explain I could but 3cc in my glut but not my quad or I get a minor inflammation, infection, and extreme pain but I will disappear within 10 days but I will move as the oil and internal fluids make it seeps out of the muscle. If it doesn’t subside you need antibiotics. Your good man.

Yes, i've thought that too. Because with 0.5 ml from the same vial i never had a problem in the quads.
Now the pain is gone, but it nearly lasted an entire week.
Dealing with the pain per se is not a problem for me. I was just scared from infections or something similar.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear