over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bad PIP or infection/cellulitis? Help

phoenix2

Registered
So two days ago i have injected in my left quad 1 ml of test propionate (100 mg/ml). I have used this site before without problems but never more than 0.5 ml at time. I've used a 25 g needle. Near the site of injection there was a small bruise from a precedent pinning. The jab went smooth with no problems. The day after i woke up with a bad PIP on my left quad, like intense DOMS, but i've trained legs (high reps) and after the warm up there was no problem.
Now 48 h are passed from the inj but the pain is still there. It seems that it has spreaded more down than the injection site.
No lumps, no swelling, no redness ( maybe a little bit), no fever at all, no tenderness.
Should i be worried about some kind of infection or abscess? Or cellulitis?

No one can help me?
It's my first cycle and I'm freaking out...

No one can help me?
It's my first cycle and I'm freaking out...

If it isn't red or hot to the touch it probably isn't infected. My guess is that it has too much solvent in there. Too much BA probably, or BB. It will do that every injection most probably. Have you used this stuff before? How about this vial, first injection from it?

My advice is to either throw it out or dilute it down to 50 mg/ml. Cut it with sterile oil. Might be hard to find these days, I don't know. I used to do it sometimes though but that was more than 10 years ago. I would keep the oil type the same, so if it is cottonseed use that, don't mix 2 different oils.

If it is about 10 ml in the vial then youll need to get a larger vial and add in 10 ml of oil. That will cut it to 50 mg/ml. 100 mg/ml is the usual concentration for that though. You can also try heating up the vial and boiling out the alcohol in there. Vent with a pin and put it in a pan of shallow water.

I once had an abscess in my ass and had to have surgery it was so bad. For about 1 week it hurt real bad and there was swelling/redness. My ass what hot to the touch too and it developed little welts on it like when you get goose bumps. That was the cellulitis settling in. I waited too long and had to have a chunk of my ass cut out. I developed a fever after letting it go for about 1 week. Once you get a fever it becomes dangerous.

If it isn't red or hot to the touch it probably isn't infected. My guess is that it has too much solvent in there. Too much BA probably, or BB. It will do that every injection most probably. Have you used this stuff before? How about this vial, first injection from it?

My advice is to either throw it out or dilute it down to 50 mg/ml. Cut it with sterile oil. Might be hard to find these days, I don't know. I used to do it sometimes though but that was more than 10 years ago. I would keep the oil type the same, so if it is cottonseed use that, don't mix 2 different oils.

If it is about 10 ml in the vial then youll need to get a larger vial and add in 10 ml of oil. That will cut it to 50 mg/ml. 100 mg/ml is the usual concentration for that though. You can also try heating up the vial and boiling out the alcohol in there. Vent with a pin and put it in a pan of shallow water.

Yes, i've used the same vial before with no problems, but never went over 0.5 ml.
Now there is some slight redness spreading down from the injection site but it's not swollen or hot to touch.
Pain is like deep muscular pain and it get worse when bending the knee.
Should i go to a doctor?

If the site isn't warmer than the area around it and you don't develop a fever, you're likely fine. Some injections don't go as well as others.

If the site isn't warmer than the area around it and you don't develop a fever, you're likely fine. Some injections don't go as well as others.

Yeah, redness can develop from an injection gone bad. If you develop a hot feeling on the skin around there then you better see a doctor. Give it a few days. If it is like this and or gets worse over 7 days then you better see someone just to be safe. They can put you on antibiotics. If you wait too long like I did then antibiotics wont be enough. I had dead muscle in there that they had to cut out, necrotic tissue. It is really nasty. I have a divet in my ass cheek now.

If it is really bad I would toss that crap and never use that brand again. It shouldn't be like that with 100 mg/ml. Higher concentration gear I would expect that though. Higher needs more solvent.

Yeah, redness can develop from an injection gone bad. If you develop a hot feeling on the skin around there then you better see a doctor. Give it a few days. If it is like this and or gets worse over 7 days then you better see someone just to be safe. They can put you on antibiotics. If you wait too long like I did then antibiotics wont be enough. I had dead muscle in there that they had to cut out, necrotic tissue. It is really nasty. I have a divet in my ass cheek now.

If it is really bad I would toss that crap and never use that brand again. It shouldn't be like that with 100 mg/ml. Higher concentration gear I would expect that though. Higher needs more solvent.

How warm should it be to be worried about?
I can't tell for sure if it's warmer or not. What i mean is that probably it's very slight warmer than the area around, but slightly perceptible, or it's just all in my mind.
I have to add that i hit legs heavy the morning after injection and the further following day i've trained legs again (pump workout only).
Than this early morning i've done some cardio (jogging). At first the pain was quite unbearable, but after warm up it went away and i had no problems.
Finished cardio it started to hit bad again, although compared to yestarday i can walk and go on stairs more easily.

Test prop is known to be a painful inject. Especially if you got virgin muscle your pinning it in. I’ve had prop that left softball size swelling on my quads before.
Just buy some sterile oil or make your own and cut it in the pin. Say your pinning 1ml of test p then extract 1 ml of sterile oil. Mix it in the syringe and shoot.

Another tip is massage the area after inject with a warm rag for a few minutes. In time ya body gets used to it. I pin 3ml in delts,quads etc at a time now with no problems.

I wouldn’t throw it out over a painful injection, some people respond differently to solvents. Doesn’t mean it’s bad

I've had cellulitis from TNE in the quad. There was redness and heat. I drew a circle around the redness and monitored it. went to the doc immediately when it spread outside the drawn ink border. Caught it early. Was still an intense experience to overcome with antibiotics.

Since there's no visible irritation your case is different.

Honestly, if you have experience with pip and this feels different... why risk it? We're not talking about schedule 1 narcotics here. You're won't get arrested. My case has never come up in discussions about my patient history. Ever.

Antibiotics are cheap and you could save yourself from removing muscle tissue like maldorf or worse, amputation. Cellulitis, sepsis, etc is serious.

Just be honest with the doc. They deal with much more bizarre/nefarious cases trust me. They are here to help. Hope you feel better.

I hope it's just a bad pin and things will get better...
When there is an infection/cellulitis when usually start to get red, hot and tender?
Excuse me for the many questions but i'm newbie in the aas world although i've studied a lot about... but real world is different from theory.

I told my doc exactly what I injected. I even offered to bring the bottle in if he thought testing it would help better identify what kind of meds I needed.

In my mind, if for some odd reason they called the cops and charged me with a misdemeanor, I'd rather have my limbs haha.

The MD was familiar with the compound and I told him I often got sore from it and never got an infection. He said it may not be anything in the bottle and may have been a slip up with my injection protocol. Who knows.

Glad I got on meds though and still have all my tissue/limbs today.

Hope that helps.

I've had cellulitis from TNE in the quad. There was redness and heat. I drew a circle around the redness and monitored it. went to the doc immediately when it spread outside the drawn ink border. Caught it early. Was still an intense experience to overcome with antibiotics.

Honestly, if you have experience with pip and this feels different... why risk it? We're not talking about schedule 1 narcotics here. You're won't get arrested. My case has never come up in discussions about my patient history. Ever.

Antibiotics are cheap and you could save yourself from removing muscle tissue like maldorf or worse, amputation. Cellulitis, sepsis, etc is serious.

Just be honest with the doc. They deal with much more bizarre/nefarious cases trust me. They are here to help. Hope you feel better.

How much time after injection did your symptoms show up?
Did you have fever?

If I remember correctly (it's been a few years) my leg got red and tender pretty quickly.

It's a tough call my friend since you're new to AAS. Do you have any friends/family who are clinicians, nurses, etc?

In my experience, the docs didn't even look at me strangely. They appreciated my honesty so they could treat my case effectively.

No I don't believe I had a fever. My main indicator in my situation was that the redness was creeping outside the border of the circle I drew in pen. Once it did that, I was on my way to the doc.

If I remember correctly (it's been a few years) my leg got red and tender pretty quickly.

It's a tough call my friend since you're new to AAS. Do you have any friends/family who are clinicians, nurses, etc?

In my experience, the docs didn't even look at me strangely. They appreciated my honesty so they could treat my case effectively.

The little redness started to appear about 48 h after the injection.
First sign was pain... like the day after a very hard legs workout but more intense.
Another thing, if i push with a finger on ther redness of the skin it fades for few seconds.

OP, the masteron I’m currently running does to me exactly as youre describing . It has too much solvent in it. I still suck it up and use it, as it goes away in 2-3 days. As others have said here, if it starts getting warm to the touch and read, time to go get some anabiotic’s right away. If that happens, don’t lie to the doc. Tell him you pin TRT, so he will treat it correctly.

Oh and just to clarify, they didn't take me up on my offer to test the bottle. They put me on a broad spectrum antibiotic. Keflex I believe.

I ended up throwing the bottle out regardless. But, I had more on hand so your situation may be different. Let's be real though... Your health and safety should always come first. IMO just get another bottle of test no big deal.

That would be my approach if the pain is getting worse now or not better. You mention that it is noticeably better now though?

No I don't believe I had a fever. My main indicator in my situation was that the redness was creeping outside the border of the circle I drew in pen. Once it did that, I was on my way to the doc.

Yeah, I let mine go further and then I got the fever. I should have never let it get that far and that is why they had to cut a chunk out of me. I think it was somewhere between one and two weeks when the fever set in. The pain had reached a point where it wasn't getting worse so I tried to reason it would go away on its own.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws