over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

baked potato complex or simple carb

I did some testing with blood glucose metering before and after several differant carbs and from what I found their doesn't seem to be a huge difference

Yes I remember the thread,, comparing fruit to complex and they were about the same however the pineapple and orange meals were 10 points higher...

Does anyone here notice any difference in body comp using certain carbs. I know jay cutler in particular eats alot of rice as part of his regular diet but switches to dry baked sweet potatoes for his carb ups and has mentioned this many times in interviews.

I know Phil heath mentions using white rice because his body is use it to...

Does anybody body here notice any differences between carbs for carbing up or body comp..

And i agree with eating carbs that your body likes in regards to the top 5 white rice, brown rice, sweet potatoes, eziekial bread, and oats

Sweet potato and a yam is the same thing I thought bro?

I used to think this, and for some reason most people still do. I googled it and there actually very different, im not sure if s yam is even classed as a potato. I've never seen a yam in my entire life, don't seem to sell them much in england

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't really matter. So many things come into it. But you can't go wrong with the above. Sure if you want to be really anal about it carbs such as brown rice, sweet potatoes and yams throughout the day. First thing am and post workout white rice or similar.

Then fruit comes in just to confuse you even more. Just keep it simple. I use a balance of the 'good' carbs you usually see listed such as what I have above. With lots of fruit thrown in ... ideally a 50/50 ratio of traditional complex carbs and fruit (that is complex too) for me. You will get countless guys saying how bad fruit is but then you get others who run it as their primary carb source through their contest preps.

If your eating every 2 hours it doesn't really matter just keep it nutritious and healthy. My personal favs (and what I eat most days) are pineapple, sweet potatoes, banana, brown rice/pasta and blueberries.

I eat a small piece of fruit with each meal

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I used to think this, and for some reason most people still do. I googled it and there actually very different, im not sure if s yam is even classed as a potato. I've never seen a yam in my entire life, don't seem to sell them much in england

Yea there are Tubers,, and are mostly common in the carribean, and australia,, alot of multicultural countries like canada have them as well i think

whats crazy is the difference in nutrient profile between the two

sweet potatoes are still ranked 1 for the most nutritious food on the planet...

I eat a small piece of fruit with each meal

ahh natures desert

Ahhh, so people are finally starting to see how CARBS ARE NOT THE ENEMY! :)

I did some testing with blood glucose metering before and after several differant carbs and from what I found their doesn't seem to be a huge difference

Yup there is a great thread that Ken Skip done regarding dieting people down on conventional carbohydrates and "bad" carbohydrates as so to speak, and they both came out with nearly the same result.

sweet potatoes are still ranked 1 for the most nutritious food on the planet...

ahh natures desert

Wow, is that really true. I eat them every single day as my main carb source along with fruit and a small amount of oats. In fact that's all the carbs i do eat really other than the occasional cheat meal

Wow, is that really true. I eat them every single day as my main carb source along with fruit and a small amount of oats. In fact that's all the carbs i do eat really other than the occasional cheat meal

Sweet potatoes are like a super food. They're very nutritious and vitamin rich. And a fantastic Carb source.. not to mention delicious ;)

I eat 35oz a day cant get enought of them... Im cooking some up right now,,

Yea AJ thats all I eat aswell sweet potatoes and oats,,, I want to encorporate another source but these work so well for my body

Biggest mistake anyone can do is care about white rice, brown rice, sweet potato, regular potato! Work with what digest well for YOU regardless of cutting or bulking. When combined with protein and veges etc it lessens the insulin spike so the GI shit is garbage. I know plenty of folks that get EXTREMELY lean eating fruit all the way up to shows. If your body processes the food well use it

I disagree. Everybody is different, some people can eat white rice and not get fat and some people can eat white rice and get fat, it comes down to listening to your body.

I disagree. Everybody is different, some people can eat white rice and not get fat and some people can eat white rice and get fat, it comes down to listening to your body

Big chef I use to think like this aswell from personal experience,, and personally i can tell the insulin spike i get from white is greater then brown as Im intune with my body and small changes,,

But how is this so if the GI ratings are actually in favor of white rice over brown

parboiled white rice boiled GI 48
parboiled long grain brown rice boiled GI 50

I know the added fiber can help but why do GI measures not get affected to prove this... any thoughts

Yup there is a great thread that Ken Skip done regarding dieting people down on conventional carbohydrates and "bad" carbohydrates as so to speak, and they both came out with nearly the same result.

You wouldent happen to know where that wright up might be located would you?

You wouldent happen to know where that wright up might be located would you?

Not to sure GS but it may be on intense muscle, ill have a look when i get to work as i just sit there doing nothing anyways.

Its an interesting article, he gets a certain number of people dieting down on the bog standard carbs, e.g. rice,potato, etc and then guys dieting down on stuff like pop tarts, cereal bars....basically carbs high in sugar + carbs and very low in fat....and he said the rate in which they both lost bodyfat was literally identical, im sure i remember reading though, that towards the end of prep because carbs were very low, the people he tested wanted to switch back to normal carbs as 20g carbs from say potato or rice, would be more filling then one pop tart which carries that exact value

Big chef I use to think like this aswell from personal experience,, and personally i can tell the insulin spike i get from white is greater then brown as Im intune with my body and small changes,,

But how is this so if the GI ratings are actually in favor of white rice over brown

parboiled white rice boiled GI 48
parboiled long grain brown rice boiled GI 50

I know the added fiber can help but why do GI measures not get affected to prove this... any thoughts

Rice has given a wide range of results in glycemic index (GI) studies around the world. The GI of white rice has ranged from as low as 54 to as high as 121. According to study and experiment, the glycemic index and the insulin response of various foods were tested and compared. While the GI of the white and brown rice were similar the insulin response for brown rice was significantly lower than for white rice. These findings in this study also raise questions about the value of the GI alone without knowledge of the insulin response to foods. Some people insulin dont spike much when eating white rice and also some people are carb starchy sensitive than others.

While the GI of the white and brown rice were similar the insulin response for brown rice was significantly lower than for white rice. These findings in this study also raise questions about the value of the GI alone without knowledge of the insulin response to foods. Some people insulin dont spike much when eating white rice and also some people are carb starchy sensitive than others.

That is exactly what I was looking for,, I had thought for along period of time I had some type of grain intonlerance because of my issues with rice any rice for that matter but I have come to realize Im sensitive to starchy carbohydrates probably why I do amazingly well with tubers

I forgot how important insulin response to food plays into it

I think alot of it has to do whith how its cooked also , like sweet potatoes , if you eat 4 ounces of a potatoes that has barely been cooked and is still semi hard in the middle it will give a lower BG reading that 4 ounces of sweet potatoes than has been baked till its nearly goo then mashed up.
the body can break it down and digest it faster

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner