over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

baked sweet potato fries

ufcguy

Registered
whats your opinions on these as a nice alternative to fries as far as dieting as long as they are baked and not fried. they taste great with seasoning and from the label it looks ok. just seeing if you guys know or see something that im missing bc these taste so damn good lol

Dude, I just read an article in recipe section from Big Chief...7 best bodybuilding foods...sweet potatoes was on his list...so I will say they are good to enjoy!!!

Are you making them as in cutting up sweet potato to bake or buying them frozen bags? Sweet potato are my favorite carb source

I opened a bag of frozen sweet potato tots last night. I could have eaten the whole bag in one sitting. Yum!

They taste better fried in vegetable oil, but when I diet, I make them in the oven. And yeah, they are a bitch to get crispy that way.

whats your opinions on these as a nice alternative to fries as far as dieting as long as they are baked and not fried. they taste great with seasoning and from the label it looks ok. just seeing if you guys know or see something that im missing bc these taste so damn good lol

Sounds tasty. Ive tried the before but its been some time ago.

I just get a yam, cut it into very thin slices and fry it in olive oil. I like them a little burnt and they taste like chips :)

Love Sweet Potatoes. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is to cut them in thin slices, and fry them in a skillet with some coconut oil, top them with a bit of splenda and cinnamon.

We eat tons of these weekly. Get large sweet potatoes, cut them very thin using a slicer. Put them on a cookie sheet and bake them up. Then put into smaller bags for meals. I brown my chicken in a skillet to warm it back up at work. I throw the sweet potatoe chips in with the chicken and they get very crispy. I prefer them almost burnt. The. Sprinkle with Spenda and a light mist of spray butter.

Do all my frying in coconut oil.

Ak

Always used olive oil, but gonna give cocunut oil a go next offseason

the ones i use are from the grocery store in frozen food. it doesnt say they were fried. i just bake them. im just trying to figure out if im missin anything about them. they are made like waffle fries and have some seasoning they put on them. so freaking good. i feel like im cheating lol

one of the reason that russets get crispy is that they are pre-fried before frozen.

one of the reason that russets get crispy is that they are pre-fried before frozen.

Actually the reason fries are par cooked in a lower temp oil is to cook the interior...the second frying-or baking in this instance crisps up the exterior!

You can make them a bit crispier by cutting them into fries, let them sit for an hour in water, then shake them in some corn starch. Drizzle with oil and bake. Keep some space between each fry and they'll come out crispy!!

Love Sweet Potatoes. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is to cut them in thin slices, and fry them in a skillet with some coconut oil, top them with a bit of splenda and cinnamon.

That sounds like the perfect dessert! I think I'll try them baked with splenda and cinnamon.

If eating like french fries then use reduced sugar ketchup, and they are good to go!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear