over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Balancing Summer Fun/Decent Diet when not in contest prep

hotttsauce

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Wanted to hear from those who are not prep'ing for a contest and just wanting to keep a decent shape for the summer how you go about any diets and going to the cookouts and all the fun that will be happening with vacations and summer time activities. And from those who can't wait to be off their contest diets and what you plan on doing! (Mainevent, thanks again, the food was great..... and the beer too!:p)

Mostly with my current diet I have eggs, sometimes oatmeal with it for breakfast, rice or veggies and chicken throughout the remainder of the day. Sometimes I like frying rice in evoo and adding some soy and Mrs. Dash that makes it taste pretty damn good.

I have been replacing protein shakes/LBA's with actual food since I am not prep'ing for a contest and just wanting to stay relatively lean and maintaining size and am just enjoying eating (but not over eating). Sitting at @ 205lbs. and pretty happy for the most part with the way things are, hitting the gym 3 x per week but I have a feeling that is going to change to 4 or maybe 5 .... I haven't been told yet! Doing some light cardio 3 or 4 times a week about 30 minutes or so.

I have the occassional snacks, Sun Chips, Wasabi Almonds and pint and a half of ice cream (low fat of course, so it's ok to eat it all at one sitting right:confused::rolleyes:). I travel a great deal for work so try and balance meals with lower carb and wiser choices (like grilled talapia or chicken) but do get my pasta on too. Oh and the drive thru at Wendy's is NOT my friend sometimes!

Curious to hear how anyone else might be doing about a summer diet.

Im not doing any shows or have reason to get to 3% bodyfat but im looking to stay lean and mean for the summer months. Most of the summertime fun occurs on the weekend, so i try to make sure my refeed days and heavy training days occur on those days.. But since im doing DC its tough with the revolving schedule.

Im doing a sorta keto diet.. 7 to 10 days of high protein/high fat with a refeed day to restore muscle glycogen.. Barbeques are no issue.. Since i can eat all the grilled foods (hamburgers, chicken, etc.) Staying away from the macaroni and potato salad is tough! If im going to drink.. I try to do so on my refeed days.. Staying away from the fresh pizza on the way out of the bar is nearly impossible though.. So hopefully that is a refeed/cheat day for me..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member