over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bands vs cables for rear delts

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone hit these primarily with bands? I will do some heavy rear delt rows, reverse pec Dec, but for other exercise like rear delt flyes and face pulls I feel bands better than cables by far. The only issue is being able to overload them but it's not like your adding weight to these exercises often anyway.

Just do what you like the most. Although cables are always going to be better due to the resistance profile. Most people train their rear delts incorrectly imo.

Both. I love band pullaparts and spider crawls. And cable rear delt flyes and pec deck flyes for high reps are fantastic

Just what I do- Band pull aparts, face pulls with a band , it gives you more range to burn the delt and rotator when externally rotating.
There is also an exercise JM has I forget the name but it is in this video- it awesome starts at about 4:27 in the video

I think bands are very useful. Especially for rehab and/or keeping shoulders healthy. But can't say i have any faith in them for building any real amount of muscle.

Cable high pulls are great for rear delts but have also seen that done with bands.

I lay on tbe floor use tricep rope use a hammer curl grip and pull till my thumbs hit the floor

Does anyone hit these primarily with bands? I will do some heavy rear delt rows, reverse pec Dec, but for other exercise like rear delt flyes and face pulls I feel bands better than cables by far. The only issue is being able to overload them but it's not like your adding weight to these exercises often anyway.
I stick to cables for me. You got a video of how ur using the bands I’d like to see, I prefer to do my rear delts with dumbbells over all well that and pulling the tricep rope to my forehead which does hit traps pretty hard as well.

Band pullaparts daily or on upper days for extra volume for the rear delts

Progressive loading on cables/machines when specifically training rear delts.

Cool that’s what I assumed but I thought…..maybe he has a trick I’m missing 🤞🏼

Agreed. I do pullaparts almost daily as well. Essentially a habit I developed after my labrum tear. I prefer cables or db's for most movements. Facepulls and especially y-presses I really prefer cables over bands, but bands can still be useful with those movements.

Just do what you like the most. Although cables are always going to be better due to the resistance profile. Most people train their rear delts incorrectly imo.
When you say resistance profile do you mean it's better to have it consistent through the movement? For face pulls and single arm rear delt flyes, I like the cables...or feel it better, because it feels like the resistance gets harder as you contract.

Not sure If this is good or bad. The particular Cable was shitty so maybe it needed some fine tuning. But this was my first time doing single arm rear delt cable flyes, and didn't feel it. Got mad used a band and did immediately.

I like face pulls better for some reason I feel like I get a better squeeze in the target muscles. This is rear delts only.

I stick to cables for me. You got a video of how ur using the bands I’d like to see, I prefer to do my rear delts with dumbbells over all well that and pulling the tricep rope to my forehead which does hit traps pretty hard as well.
It was this particular exercise.

Also face pulls.

Agreed. I do pullaparts almost daily as well. Essentially a habit I developed after my labrum tear. I prefer cables or db's for most movements. Facepulls and especially y-presses I really prefer cables over bands, but bands can still be useful with those movements.
Daily so more of a stretch not as any form of working sets?

Cables and rear delt flies on a pec deck have served me well along with LOTS of partial reps on those movements. I choose the exercises in which I can feel the most and that allows me to force so much blood into them that i can barely lift my arms momentarily. You can sit a beer or soda can on my rear delts when they're pumped. lol

Daily so more of a stretch not as any form of working sets?
Always at least part of a warm-up. Yes even on leg days lol. Like I mentioned, it became habit to just reach for it after my labrum tear. But usually 3 days (sometimes 2 or 4 depending on life) I'll use them as part of rear delt and/or upper back work. Usually as part of a giant set or superset with another movement depending on what I'm trying to focus on.

Cables and rear delt flies on a pec deck have served me well along with LOTS of partial reps on those movements. I choose the exercises in which I can feel the most and that allows me to force so much blood into them that i can barely lift my arms momentarily. You can sit a beer or soda can on my rear delts when they're pumped. lol
Agree but I do think people under use dumbbells bc they try to lift too heavy and don’t get the result bc of it. Not saying you but in general a 20 rep set with the 20s is a great pump but it doesn’t “look cool”

Agree but I do think people under use dumbbells bc they try to lift too heavy and don’t get the result bc of it. Not saying you but in general a 20 rep set with the 20s is a great pump but it doesn’t “look cool”
Yep, I used DB swings on a incline bench as a main movement. At mooost I use 15s. Probably gets me some looks but I want high rep stuff with a hard contraction. Those + some cable work is enough for me. Another weird one I use is the side raise machine, just fully bent at the waist and using all rear delts there

I agree and have used them a lot over the last 30+ years of training but my elbows just can't handle them like they used to but DEFINATELY work. Especially partials after reaching failure = FIRE! lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131