over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bands vs cables for rear delts

I agree and have used them a lot over the last 30+ years of training but my elbows just can't handle them like they used to but DEFINATELY work. Especially partials after reaching failure = FIRE! lol
I actually carry an ankle cuff with me to the gym, attach it in place of a handle, slide my wrist through it instead of having to grip a handle and this allows me to do the movement very strict and without elbow pain. I use the ankle cuff for both side and rear delt raises, front too on the occasion that I do them.

I agree and have used them a lot over the last 30+ years of training but my elbows just can't handle them like they used to but DEFINATELY work. Especially partials after reaching failure = FIRE! lol
Which way do you grip the bells for that elbow pain m, facing the body or the ground?

Which way do you grip the bells for that elbow pain m, facing the body or the ground?
Both grips aggravate my elbows bro, mostly my right one. It's most likely from having nearly constant tendonitis in it from way back in my days of routinely benching using stupid amounts of weight back when I competed in powerlifting.

Both grips aggravate my elbows bro, mostly my right one. It's most likely from having nearly constant tendonitis in it from way back in my days of routinely benching using stupid amounts of weight back when I competed in powerlifting.
Not to sound overly simple but do you wear elbow sleeves i love TK knee bands but switched to GASP and A. They fit us and B. They are amazing

I've always used cables for rear delts. I do a unilateral movement that's basically a row for the rear delt with a very short ROM, maybe 4-5 inches max. Once I figured that movement out my rear delts blew up - I've never done more than 4 sets a week for them.

Not to sound overly simple but do you wear elbow sleeves i love TK knee bands but switched to GASP and A. They fit us and B. They are amazing
Yes, I have several pairs of the Iron Rebel ones and they don't help with my issue for whatever reason. Sometimes the elbow sleeves can make the pressure in my elbows worse like when benching with dumbells. It's almost like when my forearms and biceps make contact as I lower the weight, the additional thickness of the sleeve has a wedge like effect making it feel like my elbows are being pried apart, if that makes any sense?...

I've always used cables for rear delts. I do a unilateral movement that's basically a row for the rear delt with a very short ROM, maybe 4-5 inches max. Once I figured that movement out my rear delts blew up - I've never done more than 4 sets a week for them.
Hey danieltx, got anyway to demo the movement you're talking about? I think I know what you mean and I'd like to give your way a try but want to get it right.

Yes, I have several pairs of the Iron Rebel ones and they don't help with my issue for whatever reason. Sometimes the elbow sleeves can make the pressure in my elbows worse like when benching with dumbells. It's almost like when my forearms and biceps make contact as I lower the weight, the additional thickness of the sleeve has a wedge like effect making it feel like my elbows are being pried apart, if that makes any sense?...
This will look like a joke but it 100 percent fixed my tennis elbow... nothing else helped

This will look like a joke but it 100 percent fixed my tennis elbow... nothing else helped

Thanks qbkilla, I have one of those and have used it in the past. I don't currently have tendonitis but can quickly develop it if I do certain movements or increase weight too much that forces reps below 8-10ish. Since moving my rep range up to usually staying between 12-15 reps (to failure) sometimes more, especially for legs, I don't have near as many issues as I do when training to failure in the lower rep ranges. I'll be 49 later in January with lots of wear and tear on my body, so many changes have been required in order to keep doing what I love and progressing (or not regressing) at my age and years of training.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws