over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Banned From Donating Blood

I do recall specifically being asked if finasteride was ever used in the past. I always wondered if someone used it back when it was more common to counter hair loss from gear - like 25+ years ago. Would it really matter ?

Just spoke to a buddy of mine who went to a TRT clinic just today and the nurse told him that if she ever finds his Red blood cell count to high that she will send him to donate blood.
As pesty4077 stated don't admit to being on TRT or any other anabolic regiment.

So when this originally happened, the phlebotomist said because I was on trt, my hematocrit could be high. I told her to check it (they check everyone anyway) and if its high, then don't let me donate. If its normal, then let me donate. Obviously I was turned away.
Honestly man I am sorry that you dealt with this pain in the ass.

I mean, come on tho. Read the room.
Any time u ever go to Dr office they always ask some questions, standard or not. Your best bet is to just say no to everything so they treat u like a regular dude. Not a BBer. Come one now.

I just had an apt with a dermatologist about a skin condition I have. Some standard questions about what my medical past is and then she asked me if I use “supplements for my workouts.” Of cooouurse I said no. One, we all know most drs are uneducated on this and the side effects. Two, it’s a judging game. Learn how to deflect.

Accepting blood from people who use needles sets a bad precedent... no matter what is in the needles

according to government websites, AIDS is a side effect of steroid usage. Government bodies literally think we share needles to get high off of testosterone
I actually had a GP doctor ask me if I wanted to do an AIDS test when I told him I injected steroids.

When asked if I have ever used needles, I told her yes, I'm on dr. prescribed trt. Her eyes lit up and said I cuoldn't donate because I'm on trt, not because I used a needle.
In most states you are still allowed to donate blood while on TRT but you will need an MDs script. The purpose of this is to keep elevated H&H values at acceptable ranges. I am unsure if your donation will be used though..

1. Has anyone been banned from donating blood because they ae on trt?
2. If you have been banned, were you ever able to start donating again without a script?
3. If you were able to start donating again without a script, how did you do it?
I remember when I had over 10,000 count on my testosterone
And I didn’t go once in a while to have blood taken which we all should
And it built up so bad oxygen was having a hard time getting g through my thick blood
They called it black blood
And they had to burn it

I know your trt which I’m sure isn’t a lot
I was surprised to hear they would ban someone

I just answer no to the needle question and have never had a problem. They never called or emailed and said my test was too high :LOL:, they actually always send me a thank you email.

I donate every 8 weeks. I answer 'no' on the needle use question. They test hematocrit before hooking me up. If it's high I can't donate. If BP is high I can't donate. If heart rate is high I can't donate. I asked about therapeutic phlebotomies and they said they will no longer accept any donations if I have to get a script from the dr. They asked about TRT and I told them I am on it. Not a problem so far. I use LifeShare to donate. If they ever stop taking my blood I'll go to Red Cross.

1. Has anyone been banned from donating blood because they ae on trt?
2. If you have been banned, were you ever able to start donating again without a script?
3. If you were able to start donating again without a script, how did you do it?

1. Not if I had a Dr. script.
2. Never been banned. I have a Dr.'s script.
3. Never happened.

There is a question on my questionnaire that asks if you have a Dr.'s s script
for testosterone. I have never answered yes. My bad . . . but I don't want
any hiccups in the process. Had one before and it was hell getting back on a
donation schedule.

Your mileage may vary ;)

Does that helps?

1. Not if I had a Dr. script.
2. Never been banned. I have a Dr.'s script.
3. Never happened.

There is a question on my questionnaire that asks if you have a Dr.'s s script
for testosterone. I have never answered yes. My bad . . . but I don't want
any hiccups in the process. Had one before and it was hell getting back on a
donation schedule.

Your mileage may vary ;)

Does that helps?

if you have a script for therapeutic phlebotomy how do you answer no to that question? I have a script and have always answered yes with no problems and have been told the blood gets used.

if you have a script for therapeutic phlebotomy how do you answer no to that question? I have a script and have always answered yes with no problems and have been told the blood gets used.
I do not know the answer to that question. I like to give blood because I think it is a good thing to do for the community but if I didn’t and needed to lower my hematocrit I would get a prescription for a therapeutic phlebotomy. That’s all I know about that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws