over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bar recommendations?

cracker backer

Registered
Verified Customer
Looking for some suggestions for good protein bars? I usually stay away from them, but we’re taking the kids to Disney soon and we typically do a nice breakfast, nice dinner but just skip lunch and snack throughout the day so we can keep moving and not feel bogged down after eating a heavy lunch. Would like to keep it simple and maybe just do some bars instead of trying to pack a bunch of different snacks.

Looking for some that are decent tasting (so the kids will actually eat them lol), that aren’t too junky like glorified candy bars, and don’t have a ton of those weird fibers that bars like quest put in (they really,really bother my GI)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Why not just pack a few peanut butter sandwiches?

I like "Zone" bars. Taste good, about 14 grams of protein, good flavors.

I’m a Quest fanboy, I must say

I'm very experienced in the world of protein bars, I've had damn near every kind and have had them in bulk amounts, I usually eat around 2-6 a day! I can definitely tell you the brand pure protein digest better than pretty much every other bar out there, as far as taste goes, the chef Robert Irvine bars are probably the best tasting out there if you're into the classic crunchy chocolatey candy bar type of taste. The Kirkland Costco ones are one of the best bang for your buck bars out there, the problem comes when you eat 3+ daily you'll probably get terrible gas / digestion.

I'm very experienced in the world of protein bars, I've had damn near every kind and have had them in bulk amounts, I usually eat around 2-6 a day! I can definitely tell you the brand pure protein digest better than pretty much every other bar out there, as far as taste goes, the chef Robert Irvine bars are probably the best tasting out there if you're into the classic crunchy chocolatey candy bar type of taste. The Kirkland Costco ones are one of the best bang for your buck bars out there, the problem comes when you eat 3+ daily you'll probably get terrible gas / digestion.

The Robert Irvine bars are fantastic, one of my favorites. I like the peanut butter caramel. I only eat a protein bar maybe once every few days. Mostly food for me, but convenient on the run.

Looking for some suggestions for good protein bars? I usually stay away from them, but we’re taking the kids to Disney soon and we typically do a nice breakfast, nice dinner but just skip lunch and snack throughout the day so we can keep moving and not feel bogged down after eating a heavy lunch. Would like to keep it simple and maybe just do some bars instead of trying to pack a bunch of different snacks.

Looking for some that are decent tasting (so the kids will actually eat them lol), that aren’t too junky like glorified candy bars, and don’t have a ton of those weird fibers that bars like quest put in (they really,really bother my GI)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
I’ve recently tried a crap load in an effort to get my dad to eat a little better. He was eating cliff bars thinking “it says it’s got peanuts for protein”🤦‍♂️.

The closest to candy bars with a little protein are the Robert Irvine bars. There’s regular and snack size ones. More fat than I’d like in a bar but they definitely taste good

If you can find them, Barebells makes some really good ones. Good flavor, a little chewy but not too much and decent macro profile. They always seem out of stock though.

Syntha-6 makes some pretty good and light bars. They’re kinda like rice crispier in texture. Not as chewy though. Decent macro profile.

One bars have a little more chewy consistency than syntha-6 but not nearly like quest bars. Wide variety of flavors. My dad’s favorite is the blueberry one.

Outright Bars. Either from TigerFitness.com or Vitamin Shoppe.

Tons of flavors to choose from and the taste and texture is great.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws