YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

barbell rows and dead lifts, what do you use for grip?

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
i work on my grip twice a week, i have captains of crush gripper , but for the life of me cannot keep my grip closed on barbell rows or dead lift, i always have to stop to keep from dropping the weight when my body can do more...........is it just me?

I always use straps for deadlifts and rows. Without them I would be unable to train my back to failure without my grip giving out first. That should solve your problem. If you are worried about your forearms not getting enough of a workout, only use the straps on your absolute heaviest sets.

Rowing I always strap. Deadlift 1 over hand 1 under no straps.

Be very careful with an alternating grip when deadlifting. I'm not the only person on this forum who has torn a bicep tendon this way...better off using a double overhand grip, with straps on your heavy sets.

Last edited:
I use double overhand grip for both. I also straps on my work sets.

I always use straps for deadlifts and rows. Without them I would be unable to train my back to failure without my grip giving out first. That should solve your problem. If you are worried about your forearms not getting enough of a workout, only use the straps on your absolute heaviest sets.

the straps that are attached to gloves ya mean?

versa gripps

ill look these up

ive tried this
Have you tried using chalk?

no i havent

double over until i can't hold the weight, then either over/under or straps... if im doing reps, usually straps... if im doing singles, over/under

versa grips cannot be beat

way better then straps

I started using these **broken link removed** I bought on eBay, about a year ago.

I started out on 100lbs, now I'm on 200lbs. I think that once I get to 350lbs, I'll be able to rip the bricks out of walls with my bare hands :naughty:

I just leave them by the computer, and do sets here and there. It's unbelievable how much stronger they make your hands and forearms. Definitely worth the money. I think straps make your grip weak, personally.

I made a link to the eBay store I bought them from. Not sure if that's cool, if not, just delete.

-Pack

heavy-grips-banner.jpg

Last edited:
I refuse to use straps, I just make my hands stronger. My grip is wayyy behind because of years of straps. Now I use Kroc rows(high rep DB rows), some gripper work, farmers walks, and a few other things I really feel its better to make your week points stronger as opposed to "help" them and keep them week just my .002

BTW I use a double overhand grip as long as I can and then switch to over under

Last edited:
I have a Hammer Strength Gripper at my gym it holds up to 7 plates and I use it atleast 2x week 5 quick sets and I find it improves my strength on every lift. High reps each set like 50.

:banghead: chalk and straps never occurred to you?

ive seen them used, just was asking , nah, im kinda low key, im not into lathering a bunch of chalk on my hand

I refuse to use straps, I just make my hands stronger. My grip is wayyy behind because of years of straps. Now I use Kroc rows(high rep DB rows), some gripper work, farmers walks, and a few other things I really feel its better to make your week points stronger as opposed to "help" them and keep them week just my .002

BTW I use a double overhand grip as long as I can and then switch to over under

wtf is a farmers walk?

Be very careful with an alternating grip when deadlifting. I'm not the only person on this forum who has torn a bicep tendon this way...better off using a double overhand grip, with straps on your heavy sets.

yeap tore my bicep too with the alternating grip.

BINGO!!!!!!

overhand for everthing heavy

if you wanna play with underhand go much lighter

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351