over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Basic Health Supplement Stack

Definitely. Old trick I learned from massiveG back on intense muscle. He was a huge proponent of its cellular swelling ability. Inhuman and dante are big fans of it too. It works much better at cell volumization for me than creatine ever has. And it has a lot of other benefits
Thanks for the feedback brother.

For those with food intolerance or digestive issues. Looks like diamine oxidase is something to look into. I’ve been hearing more and more about it. Essentially it clears histamines from the stomach. Histamine build up is why people can suddenly become allergic to eggs. It’s also a cause of sibo and gatroparesis as it affects the livers ability to utilize and process bile
Also, making sure to take a multivitamin with a good dose of copper is a good idea as the body synthesis dAO from copper. For the same reason an h2 agonist like famotadine might be a better choice than a ppi for gerd and acid reflux for bodybuilders. More food invested equals more histamine. Here’s a great podcast regarding AAS use and digestive distress

For real. Taurine works best at 10 grams twice a day for me

I take 5g of taurine intra-workout. Never heard of anyone taking 20mg/day though. What do you notice from this amount? How do you dose it?

So can someone in this thread help me out here? These are what I take and when. I don't go crazy on supps as you can see but I have my favorites. What am I missing here if anything? Maybe less or more of what I'm already taking. Don't pinch pennies.

Mega-red Krill oil 2gms/day (5 caps throughout the day)
Thorne Iron Bisglycinate 25mg before bed
Nature Magnesium Citrate 400mg/day (1 cap morning and evening)
1 Body Magnesium Bisglycinate 44mg (arrives tomorrow, I'm new to this chelate version)
Now Bromelain 2000mg/day (4 caps throughout the day with meals)
Nature Made B-complex (daily)
Nutricost EAAs powder, BCAAs powder, + taurine (4 caps = 4gms) pre-workout
Nature Made multi (basic 100% RDA type in the morning)
Isopure Whey isolate (as needed)

Thanks so much in advance. I tried to read through the thread but just so many! Looking for proven beneficial supps.

So can someone in this thread help me out here? These are what I take and when. I don't go crazy on supps as you can see but I have my favorites. What am I missing here if anything? Maybe less or more of what I'm already taking. Don't pinch pennies.

1 Body Magnesium Bisglycinate 44mg (arrives tomorrow, I'm new to this chelate version)

Thanks so much in advance. I tried to read through the thread but just so many! Looking for proven beneficial supps.

For something basic, I'd also add in some zinc and definitely some vitamin D (though you can check your levels first through labs to nail the dose). I personally also consider probiotics essential to anyone's health.

Just wanted to re-emphasize this as I have been touting Quercefit for a while now..
Glad I use Abolic which has plenty as we both know. I love this supplement. One of the few that actually works and is healthy too.

Have you had extensive blood work done recently? Any blood markers out of range? Anything you want to improve most? I think there are a few core supplements that are great for bodybuilders but the rest should be picked from your individual needs/issues. Although looking at your list I would recommend vitamin D. I would also swop your mag citrate and take a good ZMA product pre bed. Zinc is a fantastic supplement for overall recovery and sleep quality and goes great with the magnesium. Do you take and prescription drugs (statins etc)?

Have you had extensive blood work done recently? Any blood markers out of range? Anything you want to improve most? I think there are a few core supplements that are great for bodybuilders but the rest should be picked from your individual needs/issues. Although looking at your list I would recommend vitamin D. I would also swop your mag citrate and take a good ZMA product pre bed. Zinc is a fantastic supplement for overall recovery and sleep quality and goes great with the magnesium. Do you take and prescription drugs (statins etc)?
Elvia, I’m a huge proponent of ZMA and another 50 mg of Zinc pic in the morning. When would you recommend adding copper into the equation?

Elvia, I’m a huge proponent of ZMA and another 50 mg of Zinc pic in the morning. When would you recommend adding copper into the equation?

I would just take it when using the zinc. I also wouldn't use a high dose (1-2mg is more than enough). There are a few ZMA products that have copper added to them so that makes it easy. I also liked the one by GAT that has Boron added to it. The Reflex nutrition one contains copper and boron so is a good product that covers all bases.

Propranolol for BP (works well),
Gabapentin but since adding the magnesium and zinc, I haven't had that filled in a long time.
Crestor for high LDL a couple years back but the Crestor Rx scared me straight so I cleaned up my fats, lengthened my aerobic cardio, and do the krill oil now and those numbers are normal.

Everything is pretty good on paper but I would like deeper sleep and to feel more relaxed in general without feeling groggy or sedated. I tend to have broken sleep and occasionally insomnia (parasomina). I don't like melatonin because it makes me groggy, and the GABA and 5-htp did nothing. The magnesium has really helped. A ZMA product might just be the ticket. I'm really looking forward to adding the chelated version and see what that does.

With two young girls in school, I'm often up late and awake early. I do normally take zinc but just forgot to order it. I'll pick some up when I'm out and about tomorrow. Vit-D3 I'm not deficient but close. Trouble is, when I add D3 I get dizzy and nauseous in the sun plus it gives me a metallic taste in my mouth. I've talked to my doc and searched the internet but could not find anything on why this is happening and it's def the D bc when I discontinue it, I feel fine (IOW, it's a repeatable result).

Although I haven't made plans to add it, I'm seeing interesting things both here on the board and in my reading about coQ10 and quercetin. I took both coQ10 and quercetin before and whether they worked for anything, I can't say. But it wasn't big enough for me to add them to the roster. But newer versions of these are out now so maybe worth a second look?

I would just take it when using the zinc. I also wouldn't use a high dose (1-2mg is more than enough). There are a few ZMA products that have copper added to them so that makes it easy. I also liked the one by GAT that has Boron added to it. The Reflex nutrition one contains copper and boron so is a good product that covers all bases.
Is GAT -German American Tech? Also, do you see any benefit to running Boron when running more than TRT doses?

Propranolol for BP (works well),
Gabapentin but since adding the magnesium and zinc, I haven't had that filled in a long time.
Crestor for high LDL a couple years back but the Crestor Rx scared me straight so I cleaned up my fats, lengthened my aerobic cardio, and do the krill oil now and those numbers are normal.

Everything is pretty good on paper but I would like deeper sleep and to feel more relaxed in general without feeling groggy or sedated. I tend to have broken sleep and occasionally insomnia (parasomina). I don't like melatonin because it makes me groggy, and the GABA and 5-htp did nothing. The magnesium has really helped. A ZMA product might just be the ticket. I'm really looking forward to adding the chelated version and see what that does.

With two young girls in school, I'm often up late and awake early. I do normally take zinc but just forgot to order it. I'll pick some up when I'm out and about tomorrow. Vit-D3 I'm not deficient but close. Trouble is, when I add D3 I get dizzy and nauseous in the sun plus it gives me a metallic taste in my mouth. I've talked to my doc and searched the internet but could not find anything on why this is happening and it's def the D bc when I discontinue it, I feel fine (IOW, it's a repeatable result).

Although I haven't made plans to add it, I'm seeing interesting things both here on the board and in my reading about coQ10 and quercetin. I took both coQ10 and quercetin before and whether they worked for anything, I can't say. But it wasn't big enough for me to add them to the roster. But newer versions of these are out now so maybe worth a second look?

Statins can have a weird effect on vitamin d levels and it varies. Crestor has been shown to increase vitamin d x3 in the blood so that could be why you have no issues with vitamin d even though most are deficient. So forget about my vitamin d suggestion but keep track of levels via blood work as it may be needed in winter months. I would 100% recommend you add in ubiquinol. Statins (and crestor) lower natural levels of Q10 in the body so it's important you keep them topped up with supplementation. Ubiquinol is one of my recommendations for all bodybuilders (regardless of medication) if budget permits but now I know what you are taking I would recommend you add that in as it's so good for so many things and you are likely deficient. Curcumin is another good one but it's by no means essential.

Is GAT -German American Tech? Also, do you see any benefit to running Boron when running more than TRT doses?

Yes. It's by no means essential (no supplement is) but it has it's uses so if I am deciding between a few different products and see that addition I figure I may as well choose that product. Although I like to rotate brands but I did notice a big difference in my sleep quality when using the GAT product (some I don't notice the same results). Boron can help with various things such as general recovery, lowering hs-CRP, increasing SOD, cognitive improvements and raising free test levels.

Statins can have a weird effect on vitamin d levels and it varies. Crestor has been shown to increase vitamin d x3 in the blood so that could be why you have no issues with vitamin d even though most are deficient. So forget about my vitamin d suggestion but keep track of levels via blood work as it may be needed in winter months. I would 100% recommend you add in ubiquinol. Statins (and crestor) lower natural levels of Q10 in the body so it's important you keep them topped up with supplementation. Ubiquinol is one of my recommendations for all bodybuilders (regardless of medication) if budget permits but now I know what you are taking I would recommend you add that in as it's so good for so many things and you are likely deficient. Curcumin is another good one but it's by no means essential.
I'll add both. Curcumin, guys on here can't say enough good about it. So I'll add both with ubiquinol first. I'll stagger them so I can tell if one or both are making a difference. So a ZMA mix before bed, the ubiquinol then curcumin. Thanks brother. It's 4AM, I'm up and ready to get some cardio on!

Peace!

I make my own ZMA. 30-50mg Zinc Picolinate(Thorne), 300-400mg Magnesium Glycinate or 144mg Magensium L threonate and I leave out the B-6 at that moment. I take B-right earlier in the day. These are superior forms than what is patented in ZMA's which is an obsolete formulation in my opinion.

According to Andrew Huberman, Apigenin @200mg and L-Theanine at 200-400mg is amazing paired with the Threonate. This is something I am trying - as I always have about 200-400mg Apigenin from A-bolic and I just ordered L-Theanine from Jarrow and Doctor's Best.

A note on magnesium: many brands use magnesium stearate as a preservative but count it on the label total of magnesium. Other forms will do things like have a small amount of magnesium bisglycinate and fill in the rest with an inferior form of magnesium (in terms of absorption) like carbonate. Some do both. Really read the label actual ingredients and also check the reviews of the product. Sometimes you get an insight into the product production. If you want magnesium on the cheap, citrate is decent and I've been using it for a long time. But you need much less of the superior chelated forms. I haven't tried the L-theonate yet. Might have to do that too.

I feel my muscles loosen up in less than an hour with the citrate. Can't wait to try the chelate (arrived today). Plus I hardly ever charlie-horse (cramp) on squeeze contractions anymore. As in never. Ordered zinc today, won't have time to get to Vitamin Shoppe.

Ok, gotta go destroy back. Going to blow the roof off today. I'm pretty amped up. Later..

Obviously there are superior forms of many ingredients and it makes sense to use the best. Although for me sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Take ZMA for example and I have played about with different forms of zinc and magnesium. I have used zinc picolinate, gluconate, oxide etc etc. I would say picolinate and bisglycinate are superior. The same for magnesium and you have the glycinate and l-threonate etc. Now in my experience even the cheaper ones do the job (nothing wrong with magnesium citrate for example) and in some cases even better. I have had some great results with ZMA products. It's one of the few supplements I actually feel working. The same goes for things like arginine as well. People will tell you it's useless on paper and just use l-citrulline but I get great results with plain old arginine. Now AAKG and even better. So whilst it's always great to take the best ingredients available acting like other forms won't work is simply wrong.

Definitely. Old trick I learned from massiveG back on intense muscle. He was a huge proponent of its cellular swelling ability. Inhuman and dante are big fans of it too. It works much better at cell volumization for me than creatine ever has. And it has a lot of other benefits
Does this amount bloat you? Creatine makes me look terrible.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear