over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Basic Health Supplement Stack

Life Extension Two Per day is the best multi I have found. However, I do not like the high B6 dose they include so watch out for that.
Thorne's multi is pretty impressive too.

Here is what I take. I have no existing issues other than asthma, and slightly high cholesterol, due to genes.
My cholesterol has dropped significantly, I think due to Bergamot and Arjuna. Better than when I was on Lipitor 25 years ago.
I take Carditone if my BP gets abotu my usual 120/70 range.

D3
B-Complex
C
Curcumin
Grape Seed Extract
Quercetin
Astaxanthin
Astragalus
Nattokinase
Zinc Glycenate
Magnesiun
Arjuna
Ubiquinol
Citrus Bergamot
Full spectrum K2
Fish oil
Digestive Enzymes
Saccharomyces Boulardii
Cordyceps

On the weekends I take a break and just have multis.
I have problems swallowing pills so sometimes I have to dump the caps in my drinks, etc.

Why do you consider the b6 dose an issue. I thought guys take huge doses of b6 as sort of a dopamine agonist.

That is individual. I seem to absorb B6 at a high rate so my level is easily elevated (probably part of MTHFR). Others may not need to worry about it. It is a very helpful vitamin as long as there is not an excess.

"People almost never get too much vitamin B6 from food. But taking high levels of vitamin B6 from supplements for a year or longer can cause severe nerve damage, leading people to lose control of their bodily movements. The symptoms usually stop when they stop taking the supplements. Other symptoms of too much vitamin B6 include painful, unsightly skin patches, extreme sensitivity to sunlight, nausea, and heartburn."

Here is what I take. I have no existing issues other than asthma, and slightly high cholesterol, due to genes.
My cholesterol has dropped significantly, I think due to Bergamot and Arjuna. Better than when I was on Lipitor 25 years ago.
I take Carditone if my BP gets abotu my usual 120/70 range.

D3
B-Complex
C
Curcumin
Grape Seed Extract
Quercetin
Astaxanthin
Astragalus
Nattokinase
Zinc Glycenate
Magnesiun
Arjuna
Ubiquinol
Citrus Bergamot
Full spectrum K2
Fish oil
Digestive Enzymes
Saccharomyces Boulardii
Cordyceps

On the weekends I take a break and just have multis.
I have problems swallowing pills so sometimes I have to dump the caps in my drinks, etc.

Good stack right here

I stopped the madness a while back. Been off all supplements other than D3, Vit C and a daily multi vitamin since March when the pandemic hit (6 months now) and I notice ZERO difference in my overall health. Still have the glow in the dark yellow pee from the multi vitamin however. My labs, (CBC w/Diff & Platelet Count, Lipid Profile, Comp Metabolic Profile and Total Test) are all within range other than my LDL being 103 with <100 being optimal. I love cow! My Total Testosterone was 217 (193-740 ng/dL). Back on 10mg/day since the lab work (7/25/2020) and the nocturnal erections tell me other wise ;)

I do believe Dante's approach is the best. Throwing everything at it would have you easily taking 100+ different pills a day. I look at it like this...

Basics
  1. Multi vit and multi mineral (I get a pretty hefty one from life extension)
  2. Krill oil
  3. Vit D (I let bloodwork lead this but hell if you are north of atlanta you are going to need some)
  4. Greens Drink; I like amazing grass
  5. melatonin

Add on Based on concerns/family history/bloods
  1. Citrus Berg. (full disclosure I am thinking of dropping this I don't think I see any benefit)
  2. Niacin (full flush to help with lipids, this is a new add was not a staple)
  3. Curcumin
  4. Grape Seed Extract
  5. Pycnogenol
  6. Astragalus
  7. Nattokinase/k2
  8. Magnesiun
  9. Arjuna
  10. CoQ10 (I add this on and off if it's on sale, not a staple)
  11. Digestive Enzymes
  12. 100% pomegranate juice
  13. NAC
  14. Garlic
  15. berberine

I just added Phytosterol Complex with Beta-sitosterol to see if that will help lower my ldl

I had the best bloodwork I've ever had in my life just a couple weeks ago except that, like normal, my lipid panel (specifically LDL) needs some work. HDL and triglycerides were beautiful. Top to bottom everything was awesome but I have to get this damn LDL under control. I was just on 100mgs a week of my trt so for me my LDL is my last "thing" I need to figure out. It may take drugs at this point it most likely is a genetic issue.

And...HOLLY CRAP...I've never used full flush niacin before. That was something lol. I looked like a beet for about an hour!

weren't multi's shown to have poor assimilation?

weren't multi's shown to have poor assimilation?

Multivitamin studies are always junk because they don’t study or take into account anyone’s before/after levels of each nutrient. They also usually underdose the crap out of them for the studies too.

Multivitamin studies are always junk because they don’t study or take into account anyone’s before/after levels of each nutrient. They also usually underdose the crap out of them for the studies too.

thanks!

I do believe Dante's approach is the best. Throwing everything at it would have you easily taking 100+ different pills a day. I look at it like this...

Basics
  1. Multi vit and multi mineral (I get a pretty hefty one from life extension)
  2. Krill oil
  3. Vit D (I let bloodwork lead this but hell if you are north of atlanta you are going to need some)
  4. Greens Drink; I like amazing grass
  5. melatonin

Add on Based on concerns/family history/bloods
  1. Citrus Berg. (full disclosure I am thinking of dropping this I don't think I see any benefit)
  2. Niacin (full flush to help with lipids, this is a new add was not a staple)
  3. Curcumin
  4. Grape Seed Extract
  5. Pycnogenol
  6. Astragalus
  7. Nattokinase/k2
  8. Magnesiun
  9. Arjuna
  10. CoQ10 (I add this on and off if it's on sale, not a staple)
  11. Digestive Enzymes
  12. 100% pomegranate juice
  13. NAC
  14. Garlic
  15. berberine

I just added Phytosterol Complex with Beta-sitosterol to see if that will help lower my ldl

I had the best bloodwork I've ever had in my life just a couple weeks ago except that, like normal, my lipid panel (specifically LDL) needs some work. HDL and triglycerides were beautiful. Top to bottom everything was awesome but I have to get this damn LDL under control. I was just on 100mgs a week of my trt so for me my LDL is my last "thing" I need to figure out. It may take drugs at this point it most likely is a genetic issue.

And...HOLLY CRAP...I've never used full flush niacin before. That was something lol. I looked like a beet for about an hour!

Completely agree with this approach.

I just purchased some Citrus Berg. You have not seen any improvements in hdl and ldl with it?

On another note, I always figured green drinks were more or less junk? I’ve tried a few but they just never sat right with me.

I'm not throwing shade at anyone here but I always think it's pretty ironic when people decide to go for basic/bare essentials..it seems they don't rely on science-but rather a mix of what's accepted + dogmatic ways.

I truly think for someone in this day and age..omitting something like zinc(+ potentially an ionophore of some type) is missing the forest through the trees. I can sit there and understand a basic approach, but it troubles me when it is clearly short-sold or void of covering the bases regarding the application of science.

Completely agree with this approach.

I just purchased some Citrus Berg. You have not seen any improvements in hdl and ldl with it?

On another note, I always figured green drinks were more or less junk? I’ve tried a few but they just never sat right with me.

Truth be told I just dig the green drinks. I'm just a weirdo that likes them. Citrus Berg is one of the most disappointing supplements I've used but I 100% think it is just a "me thing". I've kept all variables the same and added as much as 1500mgs a day and seen no impact at all. I do believe it's safe and quite healthy I've just never seen any impact which totally sucks. Based on what others have seen though it seems like a great supplement so I would not judge it based on my odd experience.

whats a GOOD multivitamin and mineral daily vitamin?
i bought Centrum basic adult multi vitamin for me and the wife and my buddy is busting my balls for it... I kno lots bout diet and PED's but not so much about multi vitamins....
-F2S
I like the 2 a day by life extension

I’ll play too:

Zinc (general health + sleep quality)
Magnesium (same reasons as the zinc)
Ubiquinol (family history heart disease)
D3+ K2 (general health/don’t really get from diet)
Glycine/Melatonin mix (sleep quality)

So as you can see, I’m an insomniac who cares about his health and has a family history of heart problems. I always think you should be able to justify your supps rather than just the kitchen sink approach. Anything else I could add would be trying to fix a problem I don’t actually have.

I don’t use fish oil because oily fish makes up a significant portion of my diet and I drink a ton of kefir which works better for me than any probiotic pill ever did.

Diet is varied enough not to have to use a multivitamin, in my opinion.

I used to take fish oil but a couple years back I looked up "meta" studies which said there wasn't proven benefits...
I read the same thing, and I actually stopped taking it. A short time later, my elbow started to hurt. I complained to my wife for a day or two without initially making the connection that I had stopped taking fish oil. When I realized that terminating the fish oil MIGHT be the cause, I started taking it again and the joint pain went away. I realize this is an n=1 study, but it made me a believer.

I start with Poliquin's Foundational Five and add in the others as needed to address other issues.

1) Solid Multi vitamin/mineral
2) Magnesium
3) Cold water sourced Omega-3 Oils
4) Vitamin D
5) Probiotics

Vit C
B-Complex
Turmeric
Quercertin
Bromelain
Krill & Fish oil
Vit D
Creatine
Probiotic
L-glutamine
Moringa powder
Mag glycinate or Malate
Metformin
Chromium
R-ALA
ALCAR
Ubiquinol
Zinc
Vit K
Multi
Astralagus

There’s more but I can’t recall anything else at the moment.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws