over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Basic Health Supplement Stack

Goodness...above should indicate I suggest taking both forms of magnesium and timing them for cognition for the day and relaxation at night. I like Magmind by Jarrow and Doctor's Best just made their glycinate into capsules finally. It is pretty much the best product on the market according to reports.

Curcumin was supposed to read Longvida in the Nordic Omega Cucumin..(not meriva). Meriva is in the Jflex as stated.

Knight what is your opinion on liposomal curcumin ?

D and K 5-10,000iu (It takes me more to get my levels to 70-80 which is what I aim for) Vitamin K is part of the supplement I take..but if taking sepearate, I believe you should be aiming for atleast 100mcg MK-7 daily. Make sure you or anyone you recommend it to is not already on blood thinning meds like coumadin/warafin.
Ubiquinol 100-300mg (I like 200mg and have heard of 400-600mg for people that have heart issues)
Omega3 3-4 grams combined EPA and DHA. Carlsons Liquid Fish oil 1tbsp handles this easily.
Magnesium L-Threonate 144mg(1 serving of 3 caps), Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mg
Curcumin - I like to use recommended doses but sometimes I double up especially if I have something like Longvida in the mix. Currently taking a full dose of Meriva daily (400mg in Nordic Omega Curcumin) + half to full serving of Meriva in JFlex 250-500.

Astaxanthin is pretty much in this category too and I take 12mg Bioastin daily.
Saccharomyces Boulardii too..(Jarrow)

Until this virus is eradicated, Zinc 30-50mg, Quercetin(I use Quercefit in Abolic 6-8 pills daily), C(2-3g orally), Selenium(200mcg), and NAC(1200-1800mg) are pretty much staples too.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Goodness...above should indicate I suggest taking both forms of magnesium and timing them for cognition for the day and relaxation at night. I like Magmind by Jarrow and Doctor's Best just made their glycinate into capsules finally. It is pretty much the best product on the market according to reports.

Curcumin was supposed to read Longvida in the Nordic Omega Cucumin..(not meriva). Meriva is in the Jflex as stated.

Did you ever try KAL's Mag Glycinate in the gelcaps? I've been using it most this year (used their large caplets prior), and have no complaints. I have not tried any other brand to compare it to though....so was wondering if you have been able to do that, take both and compare? Good to know of the DB brand though, i'll have to check them out.

Did you ever try KAL's Mag Glycinate in the gelcaps? I've been using it most this year (used their large caplets prior), and have no complaints. I have not tried any other brand to compare it to though....so was wondering if you have been able to do that, take both and compare? Good to know of the DB brand though, i'll have to check them out.
In testing, nothing got higher than a B...and Kal's got a C minus. I have been using the highest rated (Drs Best) for years by tabelt til I got fed up with tablets. Now they just came out with caps..and since nothing is better, I will be back to using it.

The last several months, I had been using Pure encapsulations...which is rated B-. 67.90 per 360......and now Doctor's Best brought their top tier (best magnesium avail) out in caps and blew them out of the fucking water at 10.84 per 120..which would be 32.52 per 350. Glad they cut Pure Encapsulations legs out from under them since they were committing highway robbery. Pisses me off.

I would never knowingly use an inferior product where it was legitimately measurable. I was only OK with the pure encapsulations because it was a B- compared to B being the best grade.

Knight what is your opinion on liposomal curcumin ?
I like it which is why I added Longvida 4+ months ago. It is a SLNP.

I also added Longvida because it has the ability to cross the blood brain barrier.

I also added Longvida because it has the ability to cross the blood brain barrier.

With respect to that reference. A few things i noticed on that study

There "control" group was ibuprofen dosed at 400mg once daily in the AM
The "study" group was the SLCP.

The issue i have with it is i can probably find dozens of studies showing placebo effect in pain control for OA and other types of patients. They needed to have a true placebo group not ibuprofen as the control preferrably with a cross over.

Ibuprofen has a half life of like 2 hours... so essentially for 16 hours a day its not working and thats what they compared to.

If you look at the inflammatory markers for SLCP ( IL, LTB and TNF) they all went down for ibuprofen and *increased* not stat sig, for SLCP. Its not stat sig but it is across the board consistent on that study ( maybe underpowered ?).

Its good they looked at CTX2 but you have to look at the inclusion criteria.... for ctx2 you arent generally gonna get a urine spike unless it goes inflammatory OA phase. In there inclusion criteria they used some vague language by saying " LIKE knee pain,crepitus, osteophytes etc" By using the term LIKE that doesnt mean they needed to have all that criteria nor does it actually mean that have significant OA.... i like to see studies that actually SHOW the OA not just oh ur 50 and have some knee pain.

If you also look at the study more people dropped out of the study group then the control..but again not stat sig but these non stat sig findings keep adding up which makes me think it was underpowered.

So in summary this is what i was kinda referring to in another thread ( or maybe it was this one lol) when i said a lot of these studies have a too many holes in them. Maybe there are better done studies but truthfully this isnt one.

Also since there are so many skeptics on this board... this study was funded by Pharmanza Herbals and done in india with some of the authors representing that herbal company..

Of note: im aware the effects that curcumin has on cox and lox pathway ( which is how i think most of the effects are felt and why certain cancer studies show what the do in vitro). The issue i have is if you are trying to reduce cox and lox i can do that more definitively and to the degree that i want using other means. Low dose ASA would take out cox2 likely to a similar degree as curcumin ( maybe more) and EPA ( fish oil) can work on lox pathway.

Some guys will say ohhhh but it does x,y,z and hijklmnop as well.. Its one of those things which seems to have too many effects. If i do a pubmed search its gonna tell me half a billion things it may do. Jack of all master of none? I dunno. Im happy to discuss. if there is data im not aware of that makes a convincing case id go on amazon this evening and take it.

Here is what I take. I have no existing issues other than asthma, and slightly high cholesterol, due to genes.
My cholesterol has dropped significantly, I think due to Bergamot and Arjuna. Better than when I was on Lipitor 25 years ago.
I take Carditone if my BP gets abotu my usual 120/70 range.

D3
B-Complex
C
Curcumin
Grape Seed Extract
Quercetin
Astaxanthin
Astragalus
Nattokinase
Zinc Glycenate
Magnesiun
Arjuna
Ubiquinol
Citrus Bergamot
Full spectrum K2
Fish oil
Digestive Enzymes
Saccharomyces Boulardii
Cordyceps

On the weekends I take a break and just have multis.
I have problems swallowing pills so sometimes I have to dump the caps in my drinks, etc.
hawkmoon if you don't mind could you please share they doses that you use for Arjuna and Bergamot?

I think the way to build supplement stacks is the following

a) Make your set and stone basics that you feel are needed for general health and performance

b) Any and all other health supplements base it around bloodwork. You dont need to take astragalus if you have glowing kidney values. You dont need to take liver enzyme supplements if you are within the markers on your liver values. ETC ETC

c) but if you have a genetic component in your family toward certain diseases (cancer etc), and your bloodwork especially ON smack dab in the middle of a cycle show toxicity...then you should do something about that. Depending on cleaned out lipid values (you are supposed to have good lipid values clean) versus looking at your lipid values when you are doing a good dose of anavar...is a major difference and you are doing yourself a disservice by putting your head in the sand otherwise.
But if you're values are good it won't make it any worse by taking supplements correct? If you can afford them and don't mind taking 15 different things in a day

Do you guys ever think about liver/Kidney stress from supps ? i was talkin the other day with a friend about it and it does offcourse offer some stress with all these supps constantly, the system uses ressources handling them.

Do you guys ever think about liver/Kidney stress from supps ? i was talkin the other day with a friend about it and it does offcourse offer some stress with all these supps constantly, the system uses ressources handling them.

Never

My brother is on dialysis

I talk regularly with his nephrologist and he asks me shit cause of my size and leaness

I told him my supp stack ( no gear , real supps )and he told me that all it does is stressing my liver and kidneys

He asked me reasons for using it and he replied “ its funny many of you think by taking some herbs you are going to mitigate years of AAS abuse ? “

He is not bad guy and not anti aas he have given some great advice bit on the supps he is really against it

I still take my supps just food for discusiion

Btw this is top nephrologist in my country

I don't take a lot of health supplements:

Omega 3
Multi-vitamin
Vitamin C
Taurine (although it is healthy I use it as a performance enhancer)
Melatonin
Magnesium citrate
Isomalto-oligosaccharide (fiber)

Apart from this, I love spices, especially when I am on a diet, and will use oregano, turmeric, thyme, parsley and garlic in all my meals. I can eat 4-6 garlic per day.

I talk regularly with his nephrologist and he asks me shit cause of my size and leaness

I told him my supp stack ( no gear , real supps )and he told me that all it does is stressing my liver and kidneys

He asked me reasons for using it and he replied “ its funny many of you think by taking some herbs you are going to mitigate years of AAS abuse ? “

He is not bad guy and not anti aas he have given some great advice bit on the supps he is really against it

Yeah my thoughts exactly, some supps are really great at helping, but when does the scale tip and they become an extra issue for health rather then help with health.

I think there has to be some common sense used. Guys get addicted and many are on 100+ tablets per day so you just have to use common sense. Using a handful of products that have been shown to be effective in clinical studies and on your own bloodwork is smart imo. Now taking every single supplement you hear about and adding and adding over years is excessive and as you state your body has to process it all. Some can cause reactions and side effects many don't realize and often blame other things. One common example are the amount of herbal supplements that thin your blood. That may be a good thing for many but for others on 10 supps that are contributing could start having issues and they often just assume it's from gear or is genetic. So you pick a few core supps that many of us use and are very beneficial to bodybuilders and some may want to add a few extras that directly improve problem areas for them (cholesterol, bp, liver, kidneys etc). Everyone can take what they want and even some guys on big lists aren't doing anything bad but many do go over the top and it's often due to a mental disorder (anxiety, ocd etc).

I think there has to be some common sense used. Guys get addicted and many are on 100+ tablets per day so you just have to use common sense. Using a handful of products that have been shown to be effective in clinical studies and on your own bloodwork is smart imo. Now taking every single supplement you hear about and adding and adding over years is excessive and as you state your body has to process it all. Some can cause reactions and side effects many don't realize and often blame other things. One common example are the amount of herbal supplements that thin your blood. That may be a good thing for many but for others on 10 supps that are contributing could start having issues and they often just assume it's from gear or is genetic. So you pick a few core supps that many of us use and are very beneficial to bodybuilders and some may want to add a few extras that directly improve problem areas for them (cholesterol, bp, liver, kidneys etc). Everyone can take what they want and even some guys on big lists aren't doing anything bad but many do go over the top and it's often due to a mental disorder (anxiety, ocd etc).

Without it came become obsessive. I have wasted so much cash on BS supplements. That could’ve been coin in my 401k

Everyone can take what they want and even some guys on big lists aren't doing anything bad but many do go over the top and it's often due to a mental disorder (anxiety, ocd etc).

The excessive fear of death, of health problems, well, of anything, is worse than the alleged problem itself.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131