over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Batch of egg whites

No1

Registered
Any ideas how to cook these in batch so I do not have to cook them every time? I mean apart from get a big pan and get them all in?

in the oven??

I am not talking about the yolks which I still do not know whether they are as useful raw as I have read about

the egg whites? in the oven but I have constantly stir them all the time which I am not going to do

Buy egg whites that are pasteurized (which means precooked) check the ingredients label for the egg whites and if it mentions it's pasteurized then it's perfectly safe to eat/drink raw.

protein absorption is about 50% I've read in them pasteurised ones

not to mention that these taste worse than the unflavoured egg white powder

Hit a farmers market buy some organic eggs and just slurp um down. Your way over thinking this.

protein absorption is about 50% I've read in them pasteurised ones

I'm not trying to sound like a wise ass or anything but... why would protein absorption rate be 50%? Because of pasteurization? That process only kills unhealthy bacteria like e coli and salmonella but has no effect on bio-availability.

Eggs have a bio-availability rating of 100. That means >90% of the food product is available to your body for consumption/absorption.

I am talking about the egg whites, tyolks are absorbed 100% raw (now is the unoxidised cholestreol really as beneficial as I have read about it? I do have 2-3 raw yolks a day for convenience)

raw EGG WHITES/ PASTERURISED EGG WHITES are not absorbed 100% but much less and I am not overthinking it iwhen I want a full portion of a protein fix let's call it.

can't remember what it was but I assure for the convenience factor and not only I would've been drinking them raw or pasteurised. there was something about a protein fraction , looking for someone else to elaborate on theat but the final consesnsus was eat them COOKED

now back to the question,how to cook them in batch, yes I am very capricious for a lot of things,the way I cook them in the pan is on the lowest heat constantly stirring,over foil to eliminate the tiniest dioxin buildup. and I ain't no overthinking it or overcomplicating it as I won't be surprised if I am the one on this board spending the least time in the kitchen from the diets I've seen.

I dislike egg whites but consider it a necessary evil. I cook in a pan and just eat. I consider it fuel with no pleasure.

I am talking about the egg whites, tyolks are absorbed 100% raw....
raw EGG WHITES/ PASTERURISED EGG WHITES are not absorbed 100% but much less

I know 100% is not absorbed, I said "bio-availability rating is 100". Meaning greater than 90% is utilized by the body.

Here is a link that may be of some help.
**broken link removed**

To get back on topic.... I use egg whites in my protein shake with milk. It is a lot creamier if you put in a blender and really covers the taste of the egg whites.

What about the egg whites sold in the cooler at supplement stores? Do they have the same lower absorption rate?

If you don't want to cooked them, buy them cooked.

I don't know any US brand that sells them (i'm not from the US), but i'm sure someone will chime in

Have you tried poaching them? Just heat up a big pot of water and dump in the egg whites. You don't need to constantly stir them, and no oil is needed.

add another point for pasteurized egg whites and drinking them...i have done it for years cause i cant stand cooking and eating them...throw some splenda in em and some Hersheys cocoa powder and tastes like chocolate milk to me...but to each their own.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws