over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Battle with Prostate Cancer

lilgumby

Kilo Klub Member
Hey guys it's been awhile since I've posted in here. Active on a few other words but I wanted to post this to possibly help someone to remember to take care of our internal health. As good as we look on the outside sometimes the inside is not so well

I already had my surgery and am scheduled for a one month check-up tomorrow and hopefully clean blood work.

Prostate cancer long post
Okay guys kind of a long story but I want to share this with you all. A lot of us have been around the board for a long time. Live the bodybuilding lifestyle healthy eat good Etc

A few months (in October) ago out of dumb dumb luck I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Reason I say it was dumb luck is because of dumb luck we discovered it at a early stage. Stage 1 and Stage 2 so we're fairly sure it's contain to the prostate

How I found out was I do a yearly physical for work. They do a dip test with my urine to check for blood and protein. As bodybuilders and our eating habits we generally have protein and blood in her urine anyhow. You couldn't see it but it's very microscopic and shows up on the dip test. My doctor from work said I had to see a urologist about it. I procrastinated and didn't want to go because blood and protein is normal with this type of Lifestyle in general. The urologist that I eventually went to see told me that also

I didn't make an appointment with a urologist because as a lot of people I hate doctors. The work doctor finally signed off on my physical because they know that dip test is inaccurate. Another story for another time LOL but a new girlfriend whose husband passed away from cancer it was very adamant about me getting checked still.

So I made an appointment I had my blood and protein tested in my urine again they did blood work everything came out fine except for my Prostate PSA. The doctor told me he wanted to check it because in February my PSA was a level 4. When he checked it it was a level five six months later. For the life of me I cannot remember getting blood work done in February but since it was a 5. We schedule me for a biopsy.

The biopsy showed that I had 6 out of 12 cores containing cancer they range from 10% to 70%. So we're fairly sure it's contained to the prostate. When I was discussing the probable cures or way to take care of this. I asked the doctor where I got my blood work done in February. He said I got it done there. There's no way that happened I've never been to that doctor before. So on my medical record there was the wrong records with a man the same name as mine only he was 66 years old I'm 48.

So if it wasn't for the wrong records being on my medical records they would never check me for prostate cancer. How's that for dumb luck

Driving to the hotel to spend the night for a early appointment at the Cancer Treatment Center my GPS stopped working. I restarted it hit the address and it took me to the cancer treatment center not the hotel. Another dumb luck mistake. Because at the treatment center they have a shuttle to take you back and forth to the hotel so I don't have to drive through the city. Not a huge deal but it was extremely convenient. While on the shuttle I got to talk to a few cancer patients some terminally ill who absolutely raved about the treatment center and how their services and how well they treat them.

All these dumb luck mishaps led up to finding this at a early stage. I'm not a super religious person but if you are and some are that I've told the story to God is definitely looking out for me for a reason. I don't really know what it is yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Maybe it's tell my story and how things work out you can know if something bad and traumatic

I'm scheduled for surgery in February I'll have a few days that I will be out of commission and off work from my day job for a few months.

Well if you got through all that with my grammatical errors and all I appreciate you taking the time to read it LOL

statistically one in five men have prostate cancer so it's something we should have checked at some point in time in our lives.

I don't think gear directly caused it but I do think that certain things I took for her show prep that would swell my prostate had something to do with it being this much cancer at a earlier age no proof just my thoughts

Much better to have dumb luck than no luck !!

Glad they found it and are able to fix it.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

Thanks for sharing. Prostate cancer is always a fear of mine as I've had family members die of it. My PSA is always bad, but due to gear not cancer.

I believe someone is looking out for you. I’m glad they caught it early.
My Dad has prostate cancer. He did a new type of therapy where radiation is laser guided to only hit the cancer. His PSA was 26. Now it’s less than 1. They now give him quarterly injections to keep all testosterone from being produced. I feel bad for him because his muscle strength has diminished and his body aches. I’ve been completely off AAS for 9 months after megadosing them for 23 years, and I hurt everywhere. I know it’s worse for him because they inject him with testosterone inhibitors. He said it’s estrogen shots but that sounds odd to me.

Good luck with your surgery. My Dad chose this radiation method over surgery.
It’s the newest thing. Check out Loma Linda Cancer Hospital in California if you want to research it online.

Hey guys it's been awhile since I've posted in here. Active on a few other words but I wanted to post this to possibly help someone to remember to take care of our internal health. As good as we look on the outside sometimes the inside is not so well

I already had my surgery and am scheduled for a one month check-up tomorrow and hopefully clean blood work.

Prostate cancer long post
Okay guys kind of a long story but I want to share this with you all. A lot of us have been around the board for a long time. Live the bodybuilding lifestyle healthy eat good Etc

A few months (in October) ago out of dumb dumb luck I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Reason I say it was dumb luck is because of dumb luck we discovered it at a early stage. Stage 1 and Stage 2 so we're fairly sure it's contain to the prostate

How I found out was I do a yearly physical for work. They do a dip test with my urine to check for blood and protein. As bodybuilders and our eating habits we generally have protein and blood in her urine anyhow. You couldn't see it but it's very microscopic and shows up on the dip test. My doctor from work said I had to see a urologist about it. I procrastinated and didn't want to go because blood and protein is normal with this type of Lifestyle in general. The urologist that I eventually went to see told me that also

I didn't make an appointment with a urologist because as a lot of people I hate doctors. The work doctor finally signed off on my physical because they know that dip test is inaccurate. Another story for another time LOL but a new girlfriend whose husband passed away from cancer it was very adamant about me getting checked still.

So I made an appointment I had my blood and protein tested in my urine again they did blood work everything came out fine except for my Prostate PSA. The doctor told me he wanted to check it because in February my PSA was a level 4. When he checked it it was a level five six months later. For the life of me I cannot remember getting blood work done in February but since it was a 5. We schedule me for a biopsy.

The biopsy showed that I had 6 out of 12 cores containing cancer they range from 10% to 70%. So we're fairly sure it's contained to the prostate. When I was discussing the probable cures or way to take care of this. I asked the doctor where I got my blood work done in February. He said I got it done there. There's no way that happened I've never been to that doctor before. So on my medical record there was the wrong records with a man the same name as mine only he was 66 years old I'm 48.

So if it wasn't for the wrong records being on my medical records they would never check me for prostate cancer. How's that for dumb luck

Driving to the hotel to spend the night for a early appointment at the Cancer Treatment Center my GPS stopped working. I restarted it hit the address and it took me to the cancer treatment center not the hotel. Another dumb luck mistake. Because at the treatment center they have a shuttle to take you back and forth to the hotel so I don't have to drive through the city. Not a huge deal but it was extremely convenient. While on the shuttle I got to talk to a few cancer patients some terminally ill who absolutely raved about the treatment center and how their services and how well they treat them.

All these dumb luck mishaps led up to finding this at a early stage. I'm not a super religious person but if you are and some are that I've told the story to God is definitely looking out for me for a reason. I don't really know what it is yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Maybe it's tell my story and how things work out you can know if something bad and traumatic

I'm scheduled for surgery in February I'll have a few days that I will be out of commission and off work from my day job for a few months.

Well if you got through all that with my grammatical errors and all I appreciate you taking the time to read it LOL

statistically one in five men have prostate cancer so it's something we should have checked at some point in time in our lives.

I don't think gear directly caused it but I do think that certain things I took for her show prep that would swell my prostate had something to do with it being this much cancer at a earlier age no proof just my thoughts

What was your Gleason score?

For the men out there, the lifetime odds of developing Prostate Adenocarcinoma is 1:8 per the American Cancer Society 2019 stats.

For the women out there, the lifetime odds of developing Breast Cancer is 1:8 per the ACS 2019 stats.

You all don't even want to know the stats of a person developing ANY type of cancer in his/her lifetime.

Last edited:
glad to hear they found it early keep up the fight

thank you for sharing you're story

What was your Gleason score?

For the men out there, the lifetime odds of developing Prostate Adenocarcinoma is 1:8 per the American Cancer Society 2019 stats.

For the women out there, the lifetime odds of developing Breast Cancer is 1:8 per the ACS 2019 stats.

I was thinking it is said that if a man lives long enough he will likely develop prostate cancer, :(!

I guess that 1:8 is based on the average lifespan of an American male. Id like to see the odds based on age group. It goes up dramatically with age I think. I suppose one good thing about my heart failure is that I have a decreased chance of developing prostate cancer!? I do already have an enlarged prostate though and have to take Flomax.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on your progress!!

I believe someone is looking out for you. I’m glad they caught it early.
My Dad has prostate cancer. He did a new type of therapy where radiation is laser guided to only hit the cancer. His PSA was 26. Now it’s less than 1. They now give him quarterly injections to keep all testosterone from being produced. I feel bad for him because his muscle strength has diminished and his body aches. I’ve been completely off AAS for 9 months after megadosing them for 23 years, and I hurt everywhere. I know it’s worse for him because they inject him with testosterone inhibitors. He said it’s estrogen shots but that sounds odd to me.

Good luck with your surgery. My Dad chose this radiation method over surgery.
It’s the newest thing. Check out Loma Linda Cancer Hospital in California if you want to research it online.

John,
Glad to hear your father is doing good. My dad also had it and was treated at Loma Linda and has a clean bill of health now. I believe the therapy is call Proton Therapy.
Hope you are doing well.

Good luck to the OP as well.

Last edited:
LILGUMBY, if its ok i am gonna pm you. my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer same exact month as his brother (my uncle) was diagnosed. i am 41 yrs old. almost certain i will get it.
gonna pm you
thanks for sharing your experience. means alot to us that put our head in the sand:eek:
-F2S

John,
Glad to hear your father is doing good. My dad also had it and was treated at Loma Linda and has a clean bill of health now. I believe the therapy is call Proton Therapy.
Hope you are doing well.

Good luck to the OP as well.

That’s it, Proton Therapy. That’s great that your Dad has a clean bill of health. 👍😀

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It means a lot

I have so many numbers in my head but I think my Gleason score was seven. Feel free to Pm with questions also. I will help with any information I can

I discussed trt with my Dr. He said he would but likes to wait a few years to make sure there is absolutely no chance of return cancer cells.

I'm right there with you JJ, I've been off AAS since Oct and it does suck!

So Tuesday was my Four week post surgery update

Had bloodwork drawn yesterday and the results from the biopsy on my prostate and lymph nodes

With lots of prayers my blood work came back great! My PSA (prostate test number) should be less than ( . 01) since prostate removal. Before it was removed it was a 5.5 and 6. Today four weeks post surgery mine was ( . 014) so the Dr smiled and said "your cured"!!!!

The biopsy from my lymph nodes came back negitive. The prostate shell /membrane came back negitive!! So the cancer was contained to the prostate and its gone

Have a appointment in 7 weeks for more blood work. I'll have blood work done over the next few years to monitor things

I'm right there with you JJ, I've been off AAS since Oct and it does suck!

So Tuesday was my Four week post surgery update

Had bloodwork drawn yesterday and the results from the biopsy on my prostate and lymph nodes

With lots of prayers my blood work came back great! My PSA (prostate test number) should be less than ( . 01) since prostate removal. Before it was removed it was a 5.5 and 6. Today four weeks post surgery mine was ( . 014) so the Dr smiled and said "your cured"!!!!

The biopsy from my lymph nodes came back negitive. The prostate shell /membrane came back negitive!! So the cancer was contained to the prostate and its gone

Have a appointment in 7 weeks for more blood work. I'll have blood work done over the next few years to monitor things

That is great news. Do you have trouble with incontinence now? I know my uncle did big time after surgery, and I think he still wears something like a pad today to catch it. He is 82 years old though. I think he had the surgery back when he was in his late 60s.

That is great news. Do you have trouble with incontinence now? I know my uncle did big time after surgery, and I think he still wears something like a pad today to catch it. He is 82 years old though. I think he had the surgery back when he was in his late 60s.

Thanks
A little bit but nothing much, Dr was surprised I can sleep and not have any leaking. If I sneeze it happens lol I think being younger and in decent shape helps

Im glad to hear that it was caught early enough to treat!! I also have prostate cancer running in my family and I get checked yearly with my physical. I cannot say enough to everyone how important it is to get a full physical done on a regular basis to know where you stand and for the sake of your loved ones...

Im glad to hear that it was caught early enough to treat!! I also have prostate cancer running in my family and I get checked yearly with my physical. I cannot say enough to everyone how important it is to get a full physical done on a regular basis to know where you stand and for the sake of your loved ones...

Thanks that's why I decided to share this with you guys. Hopefully by sharing it with may help someone in the future

Thanks for sharing. That was a miraculous series of coincidences.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws