over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Battle with Prostate Cancer

Thanks for sharing. That was a miraculous series of coincidences.

yeah, im not a religious person per say but with all that I have to say I have a angel on my shoulder and gods looking out for me for a reason. maybe its to share my experience to help others

That's good news you caught this!

Curious, how old are you and did they determine if it was a pathogenic variant or likely pathogenic? Also, any females in your family have breast or ovarian cancer?

However it may be, glad you're doing well!

That's good news you caught this!

Curious, how old are you and did they determine if it was a pathogenic variant or likely pathogenic? Also, any females in your family have breast or ovarian cancer?

However it may be, glad you're doing well!

Thanks , you got me there bud , im not sure about " pathogenic variant or likely pathogenic" Im 48 was diagnosed in OCT last year . no breast cancer or ovarian that I know of . I have cancers that been in my family but no prostate that I know of

Hey guys it's been awhile since I've posted in here. Active on a few other words but I wanted to post this to possibly help someone to remember to take care of our internal health. As good as we look on the outside sometimes the inside is not so well

I already had my surgery and am scheduled for a one month check-up tomorrow and hopefully clean blood work.

Prostate cancer long post
Okay guys kind of a long story but I want to share this with you all. A lot of us have been around the board for a long time. Live the bodybuilding lifestyle healthy eat good Etc

A few months (in October) ago out of dumb dumb luck I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Reason I say it was dumb luck is because of dumb luck we discovered it at a early stage. Stage 1 and Stage 2 so we're fairly sure it's contain to the prostate

How I found out was I do a yearly physical for work. They do a dip test with my urine to check for blood and protein. As bodybuilders and our eating habits we generally have protein and blood in her urine anyhow. You couldn't see it but it's very microscopic and shows up on the dip test. My doctor from work said I had to see a urologist about it. I procrastinated and didn't want to go because blood and protein is normal with this type of Lifestyle in general. The urologist that I eventually went to see told me that also

I didn't make an appointment with a urologist because as a lot of people I hate doctors. The work doctor finally signed off on my physical because they know that dip test is inaccurate. Another story for another time LOL but a new girlfriend whose husband passed away from cancer it was very adamant about me getting checked still.

So I made an appointment I had my blood and protein tested in my urine again they did blood work everything came out fine except for my Prostate PSA. The doctor told me he wanted to check it because in February my PSA was a level 4. When he checked it it was a level five six months later. For the life of me I cannot remember getting blood work done in February but since it was a 5. We schedule me for a biopsy.

The biopsy showed that I had 6 out of 12 cores containing cancer they range from 10% to 70%. So we're fairly sure it's contained to the prostate. When I was discussing the probable cures or way to take care of this. I asked the doctor where I got my blood work done in February. He said I got it done there. There's no way that happened I've never been to that doctor before. So on my medical record there was the wrong records with a man the same name as mine only he was 66 years old I'm 48.

So if it wasn't for the wrong records being on my medical records they would never check me for prostate cancer. How's that for dumb luck

Driving to the hotel to spend the night for a early appointment at the Cancer Treatment Center my GPS stopped working. I restarted it hit the address and it took me to the cancer treatment center not the hotel. Another dumb luck mistake. Because at the treatment center they have a shuttle to take you back and forth to the hotel so I don't have to drive through the city. Not a huge deal but it was extremely convenient. While on the shuttle I got to talk to a few cancer patients some terminally ill who absolutely raved about the treatment center and how their services and how well they treat them.

All these dumb luck mishaps led up to finding this at a early stage. I'm not a super religious person but if you are and some are that I've told the story to God is definitely looking out for me for a reason. I don't really know what it is yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Maybe it's tell my story and how things work out you can know if something bad and traumatic

I'm scheduled for surgery in February I'll have a few days that I will be out of commission and off work from my day job for a few months.

Well if you got through all that with my grammatical errors and all I appreciate you taking the time to read it LOL

statistically one in five men have prostate cancer so it's something we should have checked at some point in time in our lives.

I don't think gear directly caused it but I do think that certain things I took for her show prep that would swell my prostate had something to do with it being this much cancer at a earlier age no proof just my thoughts
First off I am happy for you finding it early and dealing with it. God is a confusing man sometimes and makes zero sense to me quite often but I also understand I can't see what he can see. So I realize he knows what he's doing. Trust in him.

The main reason I am glad you posted this up is because when it comes to our health and going to doctors men are just flat out stupid most of the time. For some reason men seem to think "I'm a man I'm tough those clogged arteries will just fix themselves". Women are far more intelligent than men in this area. They will go to the doctor at the drop of a hat.

I've known several men who were having pains in their chest and refused to go to the doc or call the ambulance. They died. I have no sympathy for them. That's cruel to say but make stupid choices and suffer the consequences. So I hope that by telling your story it will remind so many "men" on here not to be idiots. Yeh you didn't want to go to the doc but in my opinion you were a "real man" and did what needed to be done. It most likely saved your life. So God bless you and continued good health.

I was thinking it is said that if a man lives long enough he will likely develop prostate cancer, :(!

I guess that 1:8 is based on the average lifespan of an American male. Id like to see the odds based on age group. It goes up dramatically with age I think. I suppose one good thing about my heart failure is that I have a decreased chance of developing prostate cancer!? I do already have an enlarged prostate though and have to take Flomax.

There is a lot of evidence-based truth to your 1st statement but one must also consider the odds ratio of ALL causes of mortality and factor that into the stats schmats bullshitology. FYI, the lifetime risk of an American male dying from Prostate CA is ~3%.

Your 2nd and 4th statements regarding the 1:8 ratio based on the average American male life span and the direct correlation b/n increased incidence & increased age are spot on. :headbang:

BPH is also associated with increasing age in men (among other things which shall go unmentioned).

Sorry to read this but glad they found it early and that it is gone and I hope it never comes back.

I do wish you nothing but the best. They caught it in enough time for you to do something about it.

Did you get a prostate MRI?

For other guys reading this, if your PSA is trending upwards and may you arent on cycle or if you were and stopped and its not going down and maybe continuing to climb.. while i wont debate the numbers like to say about psa of 4 or higher or a quick climb year over year id suggest getting a prostate MRI.

Make sure its a real multipara with contrast on a 3T magnet. No endorectal coil is needed. Prostate digital rectal exams are bs. I also wouldnt get anyone blindly stick a needle in my prostate due to high PSA without having imaging first.

I catch early prostate cancers daily on MRI, things you woud likely miss on biopsy and certain miss on rectal exam.

Did you get a prostate MRI?

For other guys reading this, if your PSA is trending upwards and may you arent on cycle or if you were and stopped and its not going down and maybe continuing to climb.. while i wont debate the numbers like to say about psa of 4 or higher or a quick climb year over year id suggest getting a prostate MRI.

Make sure its a real multipara with contrast on a 3T magnet. No endorectal coil is needed. Prostate digital rectal exams are bs. I also wouldnt get anyone blindly stick a needle in my prostate due to high PSA without having imaging first.

I catch early prostate cancers daily on MRI, things you woud likely miss on biopsy and certain miss on rectal exam.

Would a CAT scan work too? Since I have a defibrillator they really cant run an MRI on me. I don't need a scan but was wondering if you know an answer to this question. MRIs are pretty much off limits for me as far as I know.

I just found this, but it scares me a bit. My doctors have always said they would avoid an MRI. I suppose if we were desperate and really had to do one.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...lanted_cardiac_pacemakers_difibrillators.html

Last edited:
Would a CAT scan work too? Since I have a defibrillator they really cant run an MRI on me. I don't need a scan but was wondering if you know an answer to this question. MRIs are pretty much off limits for me as far as I know.

I just found this, but it scares me a bit. My doctors have always said they would avoid an MRI. I suppose if we were desperate and really had to do one.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...lanted_cardiac_pacemakers_difibrillators.html

I do MRI on patients with defib/pacemakers at least once a week. We just get a rep to turn it to safe mode and check it after. Not a big deal.

CT scan can only show prostate size and if t was huge cancer extending outside the capsule. MRI is way to go. Ultrasound id only use for biopsy guidance if needed.

I do MRI on patients with defib/pacemakers at least once a week. We just get a rep to turn it to safe mode and check it after. Not a big deal.

CT scan can only show prostate size and if t was huge cancer extending outside the capsule. MRI is way to go. Ultrasound id only use for biopsy guidance if needed.

Do you know how long that "safe mode" has been on the defibrillators? I have a feeling mine may not have that. Mine is about 11 years old now. Boston Scientific.

Do you know how long that "safe mode" has been on the defibrillators? I have a feeling mine may not have that. Mine is about 11 years old now. Boston Scientific.

Umm not really sure... you will want to know your model number and look it up. You will certainly need to know this information in the future and give it to someone in case you are ever hospitalized.

Umm not really sure... you will want to know your model number and look it up. You will certainly need to know this information in the future and give it to someone in case you are ever hospitalized.

Im sure the hospital knows. I do have a card with all the info though. I will be sure to bring that with me when I go to Italy, just in case something goes wrong over there. Ill show it also when it comes time to go through the TSA screening at the airport.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread about your cancer! Ill bugger out now.:banghead:

Im sure the hospital knows. I do have a card with all the info though. I will be sure to bring that with me when I go to Italy, just in case something goes wrong over there. Ill show it also when it comes time to go through the TSA screening at the airport.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread about your cancer! Ill bugger out now.:banghead:

hopsital doesnt know anything lol You have the card so you will have to look it up or call company. Thats all hospitals do...we get the card info and call the number and hope they get back to us lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear