over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bbber got blood clot - lost one lower leg

Wow! Best wishes to a speedy and healthy recovery. (This is definitely an eye opener for me.)

Last edited:
I never even took notice when I went for blood test, but fibrinogen levels aren't tested under regular blood work? It's something you have to ask them to test?

I go in for blood work next month, then a physical a week later.

Correct, you have to ask. I go through this every 6 months with my cardiologist with having to ask him for all sorts of tests he doesn't even know about. Knowledge is power.

He lives and trains nearby, sad to see this. I've never met him but he seems like a nice guy by all accounts I've heard.

Big Bapper on here had same symptoms in his leg. He didn't make it, may he RIP.

Precisely whom came to my mind when I red the thread's title... even after close to 10 years, it still remains awfully sad to think such a tiny calcium deposit on one of Seamus' artery - a few millimeters of pure insignificance - took a life and broke another one forever, him leaving behind a little girl... I can just hope someone told her what a great man her daddy was. :eek:

At least, glad to see mytreefiddy's friend made it and seems in quite good spirits despite such tragedy.

You can always do some gene testing too....Factor V Leiden and the prothrombin mutation.

Yes, I have been suggesting this testing for many years. I have Factor V, I did found out after having blood clots on my lungs. The use of steroids will increase the chances to have blood cloths. If I would know in advance I would have use all the supplements necessary to prevent clots and very low dose of test. I was on 280mg per week, which is to high for some one with Factor V.

**broken link removed**

Just an update..... my boy starts therapy today... in great spirits and vows to return in 2018....health permitting of course... really looking forward to hanging with him in May....

Wow ...whatever the cause - it is very sad, could happen to anyone of us when we were at our peaks...
It's really good that he is in good spirits for the most part.

Best wishes to him.

You can always do some gene testing too....Factor V Leiden and the prothrombin mutation.

Yes, very smart idea. I had this done years ago after my good friends coworker died at 35 from a clot. My crit runs a tad high usually (even with a couple phlebotomies a year) so I thought it was a good idea and my Dr. was on board. Extra piece of mind I guess!!

We had a young girl at work who was suffering from clots in her left leg.. Relatively active girl.. It got so bad that she had to take a medical leave of absence .. She eventually lost her leg.. Sad.. But she gets around pretty well these days .. But that threat is always with her..

I take Nattokinase every day now. I have been for years
I had a dvt last May, i was on xarelto until august, left leg never felt the same after,

There are a shit more blood tests one should take in order to find out if they are susceptible to clots not just fibrogen, u also need protein s and protein c deficiencies checked abd a shit ton other,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had a dvt last May, i was on xarelto until august, left leg never felt the same after,

There are a shit more blood tests one should take in order to find out if they are susceptible to clots not just fibrogen, u also need protein s and protein c deficiencies checked abd a shit ton other,

I have told people on here that Doc Glueck was the one who sent me a script to get every known blood test done to check for ur clotting susceptibility, he sent me a script, i ran EVERY DAMN THING! HE ASKED ME TO, found out my clot was due to having my knees bent under me for way to long due to my career, so i came back g2g, albeit a slight reduction in protein s deficiency, so i will be getring that rechecked within a week ir so,

Please check way more than just fibrogen and the things we have heard about

Having had two clots in my lungs in the last two years this really hits home!
I take blood thinners am and pm.

Yes, I have been suggesting this testing for many years. I have Factor V, I did found out after having blood clots on my lungs. The use of steroids will increase the chances to have blood cloths. If I would know in advance I would have use all the supplements necessary to prevent clots and very low dose of test. I was on 280mg per week, which is to high for some one with Factor V.

Yep. I have prothrombin mutation which is factor 2 I believe. I think that and the steroids are what brought on the clot in my coronary artery. Dangers lurk in your body and you don't even know it. We didn't know it was in the family until I nearly died. My lifespan has been drastically reduced.

Damn makes you wonder if it is worth it.

Well, once something goes wrong like with me you realize that it most certainly was not worth it. I wish I could go back and change what I did.

Does donating blood often help?

If your hemoglobin and hematocrit get too high. I would keep hemoglobin definitely down to no more between 16 and 17 tops. My hematologist now keeps mine down to around 15 since I had my clot.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131