over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA All that?

pahlevan

Registered
Ive never been a fan of Amino pills and shakes etc.. in comparison to real food. That being said a buddy of mine swears by Amino last which is a BCAA drink, He said to take 2 scoops which is 20 grams of aminos during workout and that it makes a big difference in recovery and the workout. Anyone have actual experience with this stuff? Thanks.

Ive never been a fan of Amino pills and shakes etc.. in comparison to real food. That being said a buddy of mine swears by Amino last which is a BCAA drink, He said to take 2 scoops which is 20 grams of aminos during workout and that it makes a big difference in recovery and the workout. Anyone have actual experience with this stuff? Thanks.

Lower protein diet or fasted training, yes BCAA or EAA could prove to be beneficial. In some cases of exceptionally high volume workouts, perhaps as well.

If you're consuming enough whole food protein throughout the day it's not crucial.

eaa

Milos says if he had to choose eaa or protein drink he would take the eaa.

Ive never used Amino last, but I used to use a lot of EAA/BCAA post WO and noticed no difference from just drinking Whey, except a lighter wallet.

Waste of money

Save your money, buy an extra bottle of test instead:)

As others have stated, there are only a few scenarios where supplementation with BCAA's could be beneficial: If training in a fasted state, or if in a caloric deficit and eating fewer times per day (and we'd just be splitting hairs here).

There beneficial for sure. They do help keep muscle when dieting and can help pack on alot of muscle used with insulin glutamine and creatine

I use EAAs but it's because I train Eary AM semi fasted.

Breakfast= coffee, 3iu rhgh
Workout : 15g EAA
Then foood PWO

wrong thread

Last edited:
Like others mentioned, when dieting and/or training fasted is their main benefit or also when going a long time in between meals it can help too. Otherwise if you're getting enough protein through food they're not going to make a huge difference. This whole thing supplement companies spew about aminos allowing your muscles not to break down while you train or begin the recovery process while you're training is rubbish. Your recovery is outside the gym

Last edited:
The evidence of the benefits of BCAA's is pretty concrete. Anyone who says they aren't useful is an idiot.

They are useful in certain situations but they are not essential. If you're having a good pre workout meal and post workout meal and the rest of your diet is good than having 10g bcaas while you train is going to make fuck all of a difference

Also if you are going to use them then make sure you get a brand that uses fermented amino acids. I'm not sure about amino last. But those that use aminos derived from hair, bird feathers etc are low quality

If dosed correctly, BCAA's, specifically leucine, can have just as powerful of an effect on growth as IGF. It acts through a different growth pathway called the MTORC1 growth pathway (mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1). The only problem we have now is finding a way to have a constant, extended presence of leucine in the bloodstream. It is absorbed rapidly and used up by our bodies rapidly. If anyone doesn't believe me, check out the research they are doing at MIT in Cambridge, MA. It's pretty substantial.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

The issue with utilizing this to its full potential is having a CONSTANT stream of leucine being fed into the bloodstream. There are ways to inject IGF1 so that it will keep a steady rate of increased IGF levels, but when we consume leucine it is processed quickly.

I think if you are trying a protocol similar to Milos's, BCAAs or EAAs could be helpful among other things, during hyperemia. The majority of the guys on this board get more than enough protein, making BCAAs really obsolete. If you are eating 300 grams of protein, you have more than enough amino acids available.

Now someone like myself that is getting 100 grams a day or less, I supplement meals with BCAAs and/or extra Leucine/HMB/HICA to help stimulate protein synthesis.

The evidence of the benefits of BCAA's is pretty concrete. Anyone who says they aren't useful is an idiot.

I must be a right twat then, because I´ve tried BCAA all the way up to 50g a day a la Charles Poliquin mega dosing protocol with no use.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131