advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA/EAA's how often do you take em. (or not at all)

On some US websites you can regularly get aminos for buy 1 get one free and they cost $20-35 so not bad at all. Supplements are far from essential but they definitely help. I also get tired of water so adding in an amino powder is my way to make drinking water through the day enjoyable.

yea, i know what they cost, but some guys here are using 4-5 servings at time
plus other stuff that has been mentioned
id just rather buy more food with what could be like 5-10 bucks a day or use that money for something else besides powder and pills

I see some people have been saying how important they are, and I m not disputing, just havent been for me (original ? from OP)

Last edited:
The taste is different though....vegan fermented aminos are slightly more sour. Still virtually every company uses the duck and human hair versions still because they are still the cheapest.....not by a huge amount but still cheaper...and you know the supplement industry...its all about making a buck than putting the best raw ingredient over to the consumer

dont now how you guys afford all this
I personally do not use
sometimes samples from shows or companies, but have never bought

500gms from TN costs 35$....
will last you a month easy.

and its not hair or feathers now i hear...

:D

Don't go out to eat for a month and you can guy 2+ months worth of supps. Shit, don't buy random stuff for a month you'd be amazed. I started using a program called MINT and tracked my spending. Im pretty frugal and i noticed random crap really adds up.

Fiancé is starting prep monday and I'm recovering from surgery so were saving tons of money just being 'frugal' on little things. Go balls out over the holidays and tighten up the wallet afterwards.

But, back to the topic.

Instantiated EEAS/BCAAS -- add any flavor pack
Scivation - watermellon
Pro Supps

Most people take 2 scoops of protein powder for their shakes which equals out to about 250 caloires roughly if its in water.....and much more if its in milk etc etc etc

Most bodybuilders I know take in 3-4 meals and 2-3 protein shakes per day

If you want to lose bodyfat....bcaa/EAA drinks come in at 1/3 of the calories of a protein drink

So you could keep your 3-4 meals a day and slightly lessen the carbs in them or/and switch out your protien drinks for BCAA/EAA drinks during the dieting phase until your done dieting.

So if you take in 3 shakes a day = 750 calories
if you switch them out for BCAA/EAA drinks to lose some bodyfat = 240ish calories....there is a deduction of 500 or so calories right there while you wont feel like you are starving because your food meals are predominantly the same (or slightly less carbs depending on how you go about it)

So thats how I like to use them....Peri-workout nutrition and in place of protein drinks when in a fat loss mode

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26733764

I've just started Eaas from TN, drink it straight and it's not very good tasting.
I didn't expect it to taste good I just added another tool to the toolbox.

I always thought bcaas and eass are not much different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EAA MUST be taken every single day of our lives. Either from food, from supplements or mixed. There is a reason why they are called "essential". In the case of BCAA I use a serving 2-3 times a day in a shake.

EAA MUST be taken every single day of our lives. Either from food, from supplements or mixed. There is a reason why they are called "essential". In the case of BCAA I use a serving 2-3 times a day in a shake.

you bore me with your "expertise"

:cool:

ecaas are contained in every single gram of ANY protein.....

branched chain are also in EVERY gram of protein we consume.
food or powder.....

the AMOUNT however is up for discussion...

Last edited:
juste take peri and post leucine+EAA+citrulline+betaA (total 30g)

500gms from TN costs 35$....
will last you a month easy.

and its not hair or feathers now i hear...

:D

Yeah the cost isn't that high for EAA instantized from TN. I've recently been getting them again and currently take 2 scoops (~12g) on regular workout days and non lifting days. On "heavy" days like legs or back, I will mix 3 scoops (~18g) in. I take these during my workouts and sip throughout. On non lifting days, I'll just mix 2 scoops in a water bottle with some lemonade powder mix and sip for like 15 minutes. Does that sound like a decent thing to do in your opinion Tenny?

Most people take 2 scoops of protein powder for their shakes which equals out to about 250 caloires roughly if its in water.....and much more if its in milk etc etc etc

Most bodybuilders I know take in 3-4 meals and 2-3 protein shakes per day

If you want to lose bodyfat....bcaa/EAA drinks come in at 1/3 of the calories of a protein drink

So you could keep your 3-4 meals a day and slightly lessen the carbs in them or/and switch out your protien drinks for BCAA/EAA drinks during the dieting phase until your done dieting.

So if you take in 3 shakes a day = 750 calories
if you switch them out for BCAA/EAA drinks to lose some bodyfat = 240ish calories....there is a deduction of 500 or so calories right there while you wont feel like you are starving because your food meals are predominantly the same (or slightly less carbs depending on how you go about it)

So thats how I like to use them....Peri-workout nutrition and in place of protein drinks when in a fat loss mode

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26733764

According to ALRI 5g EAA's only have 0.02 calories...

:cool:

juste take peri and post leucine+EAA+citrulline+betaA (total 30g)

Pre and intra with a meal post! I think is more better.

Schoenfeld and aragon both published research showing that bcaa supplementation was worthless.

Alan Aragon posted a new scientific article showing BCAA's are useless on Facebook last week. Leucine is the only important one. I'd avoid the others

Alan Aragon posted a new scientific article showing BCAA's are useless on Facebook last week. Leucine is the only important one. I'd avoid the others

I am not sure what to believe anymore...

yea, i know what they cost, but some guys here are using 4-5 servings at time
plus other stuff that has been mentioned
id just rather buy more food with what could be like 5-10 bucks a day or use that money for something else besides powder and pills

I see some people have been saying how important they are, and I m not disputing, just havent been for me (original ? from OP)
What is is from the OP?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear