over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAAs...a waste of money??

D Tox

Newbies
I've been back and forth over the last few years between religiously using BCAAs intra workout and just thinking they're a complete waste of money.

I currently eat 100g oats and 4 scrambled eggs at 6am and then train 2 hours later. So what do you guys reckon...waste of money using BCAAs or not? It certainly has a placebo effect for me but not sure if I'm getting any added benefits beyond that?

Any thoughts?

If I'm going spend money on supplements I'd be using prime Intra MD an Prime EAAs together. Certainly not a waste money in my opinion, just a matter of bringing yourself to want to spend the money on helping you make gains!;)

I've been back and forth over the last few years between religiously using BCAAs intra workout and just thinking they're a complete waste of money.

I currently eat 100g oats and 4 scrambled eggs at 6am and then train 2 hours later. So what do you guys reckon...waste of money using BCAAs or not? It certainly has a placebo effect for me but not sure if I'm getting any added benefits beyond that?

Any thoughts?

Imo after a breakfast like that you would probably do just fine drinking water. However. If you are in a caloric deficit I think it would be more beneficial to you as opposed to if you are on a bulk and getting plenty of nutrients beyond your maintenance. For some the psychological/placebo affect is worth the extra supps/bcaa

I try to base most decisions on supps using "bang for the buck" principle. Guess its dependent with supps primarily on what you can afford after other things you are buying...aas...peptides..whatever. Anyways, I never really notcied anything from BCAAs except glutamine heavy mixtures I always thought sped up recovery a bit. I ll take your extras though if your over em.

I really like and have used Humapro for three years. I know it's not just a BCAA but this is the only supp I will spend money on. Works great for me, since I don't eat tons of protein and not a fan of whey. I take it 4 times a day (2 scoops each) and eat very little protein. Just lots of carbs and some fat and stay lean this way.

Imo after a breakfast like that you would probably do just fine drinking water. However. If you are in a caloric deficit I think it would be more beneficial to you as opposed to if you are on a bulk and getting plenty of nutrients beyond your maintenance. For some the psychological/placebo affect is worth the extra supps/bcaa

Agree w this. If cutting I find them to b very useful. Particularly if training fasted.

I've used them, that creatine, etc. all the supps. I don't use them anymore. Hasn't made a difference to me. The only supplement I use/care for is gear. Food + gear. The rest of the stuff I'll put in the toilet :D

Bang for the buck whey isolate or even concentrate is just fine as a substitute.

Whey isolate is all id use. Im not a big fan of 99% of supplements and IMO for most people BCAAs wont make a difference. The very few who it might help are people who like to workout first thing in the morning and get some nausea. The BCAA seems to help them.

I know the supplement industry is huge but all id consider is whey protein and then caffeine/ephedrine preworkout at 430am. Thats really it. Not what people wanna hear...they wanna hear how spending some money is gonna make it sooo much easier for them or have an advantage. If your not competing just eat clean. lots of protein from your food, an occasional protein shake. do cardio, lift with more volume and dont hurt yourself and be consistent.

personally I don't think you really need anything intra workout unless you're doing like 2-3 hours in the gym. how long do you work out for?

I've used them, that creatine, etc. all the supps. I don't use them anymore. Hasn't made a difference to me. The only supplement I use/care for is gear. Food + gear. The rest of the stuff I'll put in the toilet :D

agree.
I only thing I use is are health sups like vitamines..
Quality gear and food. Simple

Unless you haven't consumed a good portion of protein in hours or are completely fasted, BCAAs and EAAs are a waste. Whole protein sources already have the same same aminos in them, so you're going to have them already bioavailable if you're eating good protein sources regularly like all body builders do.

Like I said though, if you're fasted and are training, wouldn't hurt to throw in 10 grams or so as insurance.

pepto pro is the only protein I ever noticed anything with

Whey isolate is all id use. Im not a big fan of 99% of supplements and IMO for most people BCAAs wont make a difference. The very few who it might help are people who like to workout first thing in the morning and get some nausea. The BCAA seems to help them.

I know the supplement industry is huge but all id consider is whey protein and then caffeine/ephedrine preworkout at 430am. Thats really it. Not what people wanna hear...they wanna hear how spending some money is gonna make it sooo much easier for them or have an advantage. If your not competing just eat clean. lots of protein from your food, an occasional protein shake. do cardio, lift with more volume and dont hurt yourself and be consistent.

:yeahthat:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner