over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAAs / EAAs 2 Days Out

Ruhlfreak55

Registered
Hopefully someone can give me a little insight here. I'm 2 days out, and have been drinking 2-3 gallons a day easily.
HOWEVER, I'm trying to cut out all the artificial sweetners and what not.....but after a couple hours here feel like there is no way in hell I can finish all my water without my BCAAs and/or EAAs. I can leave protein powder out fine, but feel like getting my water might be more important than a tiny amount of artificial.

I can use just Generate (jay cutler's stuff) for the next two days, which is fairly natural. No dyes or anything in it.

Any insight appreciated.

I was gonna leave my Fiberlyze in too.....seems to be impossible to shit without it on no carb days and I'm not having any carbs until friday night.

Why are you trying to cut out artificial sweeteners? Because you heard someone say you should do it?

If you look ready at this point don't change anything you're doing. And if you don't look ready you still probably shouldn't change anything because cutting artificial sweeteners for 2 days isn't going to make a visual difference in your physique unless you have some crazy distention issues from them.

Why are you trying to cut out artificial sweeteners? Because you heard someone say you should do it?

If you look ready at this point don't change anything you're doing. And if you don't look ready you still probably shouldn't change anything because cutting artificial sweeteners for 2 days isn't going to make a visual difference in your physique unless you have some crazy distention issues from them.
Basically the former. I think I just get distended from crazy amounts of water regardless, so that won't be an issue after 3 tomorrow.

The show I looked best at I only dropped them a couple days out. I think the main argument though is closer to needed to get the little bit of dairy out from the protein powder though? That makes more sense to me I think. And I can easily maintain that. I think the last time I competed I hadn't gotten into this mode of BCAAs or EAAs in all my water all the time yet so it was a little easier. Pounding 3 gallons is hard even flavored.

I know dropping the fiberlyze would be a bad idea since I am desperately trying to make weight (friday night weighins)

Hi, no, you don't need to take Fiberlyze, for a long time I thought I needed vitafiber to keep from constipation on a high protein diet. I found that taking magnesium was enough. Also, some educolorants can help you in this regard so do not eliminate them at this time.

Obviously, don't make these changes 2 days out for contest, keep it as you are, but get rid of the idea of needing Fiberlyze as soon as you can.

Either way, drink all your damn water and eat your veggies.

This. I don’t ever change anything close to a show or try any new stuff if I’m looking like I’ll be ready. If I’m not ready....no last minute voodoo is gonna make much of a difference anyways. But minor changes can sure throw you off quickly

Hi, no, you don't need to take Fiberlyze, for a long time I thought I needed vitafiber to keep from constipation on a high protein diet. I found that taking magnesium was enough. Also, some educolorants can help you in this regard so do not eliminate them at this time.

Obviously, don't make these changes 2 days out for contest, keep it as you are, but get rid of the idea of needing Fiberlyze as soon as you can.

Either way, drink all your damn water and eat your veggies.
This is bad info - he needs to keep taking Fiberlyze, particularly if he's carbing up to any significant degree. Lack of fiber is often why guys end up constipated and / or bloated from carbing up. Nobody's using fiber to help with protein intake.

This is bad info - he needs to keep taking Fiberlyze, particularly if he's carbing up to any significant degree. Lack of fiber is often why guys end up constipated and / or bloated from carbing up. Nobody's using fiber to help with protein intake.
I'm just doing rice cakes, almond butter, 2oz turkey balls for carb up. And after dropping water, hopefully no way I can bloat. We'll see I guess.

Obviously fiber is essential, but you can get it from vegetables or shells of siliym or flax seeds without adding these fiber supplements. For years I used vitafiber when I was on a cutting diet thinking that I would become constipated, but when I investigated and found that it could cause insulin spike and actually have some calories, I decided to stop using it and stick with my veggies and add some more magnesium. Works like a charm.

You wont bloat as long as you dont consume massive amounts of water

Keep in mind Dugbet is the same guy people had to explain what a deficit was among other things.
No one should seriously listen to his advice.

Keep in mind Dugbet is the same guy people had to explain what a deficit was among other things.
No one should seriously listen to his advice.
I'm sure part of it's the language barrier but he's also a smaller, non-enhanced bodybuilder so a lot of his ideas don't work the same with big, enhanced bodybuilders. To say a bodybuilder that's a lean 240+lbs. doesn't need to supplement with fiber is laughable.

Hopefully someone can give me a little insight here. I'm 2 days out, and have been drinking 2-3 gallons a day easily.
HOWEVER, I'm trying to cut out all the artificial sweetners and what not.....but after a couple hours here feel like there is no way in hell I can finish all my water without my BCAAs and/or EAAs. I can leave protein powder out fine, but feel like getting my water might be more important than a tiny amount of artificial.

I can use just Generate (jay cutler's stuff) for the next two days, which is fairly natural. No dyes or anything in it.

Any insight appreciated.
Can you post a photo?

I'm sure part of it's the language barrier but he's also a smaller, non-enhanced bodybuilder so a lot of his ideas don't work the same with big, enhanced bodybuilders. To say a bodybuilder that's a lean 240+lbs. doesn't need to supplement with fiber is laughable.
I'm not 240+ (you guys act like weight means jack shit) but I carry more muscle on my frame than you @danieltx and I do not supplement with fiber, I do exactly what @Dugbet says and eat a lot of veggies and take magnesium, works like a charm, never bloated, never constipated.

I'm not 240+ (you guys act like weight means jack shit) but I carry more muscle on my frame than you @danieltx and I do not supplement with fiber, I do exactly what @Dugbet says and eat a lot of veggies and take magnesium, works like a charm, never bloated, never constipated.
2 caps magnesium citrate pre bed helps keep me regular and helps reduce painful foot cramps that I get often

I am aware of the differences between athletes improved or not, massive or not. That is why I stay out of many discussions and if I intervene I have to make my position clear. Few guys here are nattys.

Once again, you can obtain fiber without resorting to products such as vitafiber or Fiberlyze, which are also products for which there is very little legitimate information and it is not known what their effects are on digestion/microbiota and sugar peaks. The last thing you want when you diet is doubts about what you are taking.

And fiber is not the only thing that will improve your bowel movements, just increase your magnesium, more water and fat (this last is obviously not suitable if you are on a contest diet) and fiber will not be as necessary.

Any insight appreciated.
Any photos ? is the show tomorrow?

I looked good for me, prolly the best I have. As expected, still last. HOWEVER, way less bodybuilders than any show I've ever done. There were only 4 in the light heavies. I weighed in at 197.9, had dropped water early on friday and then added a half gallon back in after weighin. It would appear that I can't drop water to the driest levels as fast as the protocol matt used to espouse allows. So SOMEHOW despite 3 doses of dyazide (well halves) I was still able to pee halfway through the day saturday. In addition, I think I was pretty flat.

I have a question though, despite being last, did I just get nationally qualified because of the weird ass rules this year? It was a national qualifier show and it looks like the top 5 might qualify for this year? I'd really like to know this, and is it good for a whole year, through calendar year '22 or what? Obviously attempting to do a national show I'd find someone that I could actually hire and wouldn't scoff, I'm just curious at this point.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear