over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAAs pre-fasted morning cardio or NO

Do you take BCAA's during fasted cardio? and did it make a difference?

• YES! I spared a lot of lean tissue.

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • NO. I lost the same amount of muscle I did without them.

Votes: 38 34.9%

• Total voters

ajdos

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Was trying to see how many people take BCAA's during their morning fasted cardio to cut back on catabolism.
And if you did do you feel like it made a difference?

Never thought about it. What do you do....

I take 10g before and 10g after my morning cardio, but I'm also intermittent fasting (18/6) and I feel they make a difference; now whether that's a placebo effect or not I can't be sure. Physically I feel I have a better cardio session when in on Xtend BCAA's

if you're taking bcaas you're not truely fasting

No. Either 2iu gh or a little Ghrp2 /mod grf. The ffa will keep you anti catabolic by giving your body a load of fat to munch on for energy. I'm big of fasting anyway and have learnt you don't go catabolic anyway gh or not so long as you refeed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Taking in BCAA is not true fasted cardio I'm afraid. BCAA is very insulinogenic (insulin rises). Although it is muscle sparing and will crank up protein synthesis (mTOR), its not true fasted cardio to due to the raise in insulin.

Personally, I'm not a fan of fasted cardio anyway. I'd rather take in the needed food and supplements, then do cardio. Your diet should be the main weapon in reducing body fat anyway, not fasted cardio.

I been taking 100mcg ipa and modgrf and 5g EAA (humapro) pre cardio in the am 5g after. Working well so far even if it isnt truly fasted, kind of insurance against any muscle loss.

I been taking 100mcg ipa and modgrf and 5g EAA (humapro) pre cardio in the am 5g after. Working well so far even if it isnt truly fasted, kind of insurance against any muscle loss.

I have seen a lot of people say this^^^yet to me if you are inhibiting muscle loss so much you are also losing the fat burning effect.
As Swifto pointed out diet should be your main weapon and is mine for sure -but I do cardio and I want it to burn some fat too, I really dont subscribe to the whole pac man of muscle loss while doing cardio but you go around on various forums and guys are blasting people for not having a whey protien shake or bcaa's pre or intra cardio...in my personal experience as long as my diet was in check I didnt lose extreme amounts of muscle, and when cutting you were going to lose some muscle anyways...so it always seems to me like some voodoo scare forum bro science that if your not taking bcaa's during cardio your being eaten away to nothing.
Which first hand I have seen is not true, but I wanted to get a feel from other people and get other folks perspectives.

No.

BCAAs immeaditly after? Yes.

Usually take 10g after and work my way up to about 20g. Meal as soon as I get outta the shower & home.

Only thing I would take before is something like ECA, fat burners, or HGH. No food.

Catabolic behavior is really not an issue. It's the whole day you got to worry about, if you get your protein in, calories somewhat sufficient, drug intake is supportive, you'll be fine. The 20 minutes of fasted cardio doesn't defeat the other 23 hours and 40 minutes of anabolic behavior.

I have seen a lot of people say this^^^yet to me if you are inhibiting muscle loss so much you are also losing the fat burning effect.
As Swifto pointed out diet should be your main weapon and is mine for sure -but I do cardio and I want it to burn some fat too, I really dont subscribe to the whole pac man of muscle loss while doing cardio but you go around on various forums and guys are blasting people for not having a whey protien shake or bcaa's pre or intra cardio...in my personal experience as long as my diet was in check I didnt lose extreme amounts of muscle, and when cutting you were going to lose some muscle anyways...so it always seems to me like some voodoo scare forum bro science that if your not taking bcaa's during cardio your being eaten away to nothing.
Which first hand I have seen is not true, but I wanted to get a feel from other people and get other folks perspectives.

I agree 100%

If u are on gear and ESP if taking gh beforehand... On a 300-400g protein diet w sufficient cals There is no way 20-30 mins of cardio in the morning is going to make you lose muscle.

Taking in BCAA is not true fasted cardio I'm afraid. BCAA is very insulinogenic (insulin rises). Although it is muscle sparing and will crank up protein synthesis (mTOR), its not true fasted cardio to due to the raise in insulin.

Question about this: How would you be sure that your insulin has spiked after consuming bcaa's? would a blood glucose monitor tell you if you were to measure blood sugar before and after?
The Leangains approach recommends that you take bcaa's during your 16+ hr fasts but if it does indeed raise insulin levels, it seems somewhat counterproductive.

I agree 100%

If u are on gear and ESP if taking gh beforehand... On a 300-400g protein diet w sufficient cals There is no way 20-30 mins of cardio in the morning is going to make you lose muscle.

If your not on gear, gh and only eating 250 g protein a day 30 mins cardio will not eat muscle. I'm sure some people think they have a muscle wasting disease. Do cardio, re feed all good. I agree with what you say 100%, Just that fasting has taught me you can get away with a lot more than most think

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think people think that they are preventing a whole lot of muscle loss, I have read some studies where aminos can be deaminated into glucose, so enough aminos hypothetically could interfere with some fat loss, otherwise why in hell do cardio if not to burn off a little fat?
I just have my BCAA's post cardio then eat breakfast, I do this in the offseason as well and manage to gain size up into the 290-300 range in bodyweight.

Unnecessary IMHO you will be using stored body fat for fuel, unless you are doing some kind of high intensity cardio....but who the hell does that as a bodybuilder? :D

I think people think that they are preventing a whole lot of muscle loss, I have read some studies where aminos can be deaminated into glucose, so enough aminos hypothetically could interfere with some fat loss, otherwise why in hell do cardio if not to burn off a little fat?
I just have my BCAA's post cardio then eat breakfast, I do this in the offseason as well and manage to gain size up into the 290-300 range in bodyweight.

Also to point out there are numerous studies showing leucine does increase insulin levels. Wouldn't this be counter productive as well? The whole idea of fasted cardio being the most beneficial time for burning fat is based around low insulin and glycogen levels.

I always say no, especially if using something where a fasted state is very beneficial such as yohimbine or gh peptides. In my mind, anything but water = breaking fast.

If I was not using either/or of those drugs and just maybe something like ECA I would consider BCAAs.

Personally, I'm not a fan of fasted cardio anyway. I'd rather take in the needed food and supplements, then do cardio. Your diet should be the main weapon in reducing body fat anyway, not fasted cardio.

It's strange because leangains recommends BCAA before/after cardio within the fasting period. However, it will spike insulin which I always understood as being part of what we were avoiding with an IF plan and fasted cardio. These two things seem to contradict each other.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws