over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA'S vs. SAA's

RockShawn

Newbies
Looking for feedback on silk amino acid supps vs branch chains. Don't know all the science about them, but I'm trying to make sure I didn't just get a good sales pitch at the supp store on the more expensive BLoX product.

I love the taste, but recovery still seems slow. I'm 38 and training twice a day in contest prep (cardio am and either lifting or cardio pm). It may just be my training but thought I see if anyone has any real life and/or practical knowledge of the difference.

RS

I have no Idea on the SAA I seen them as well but I know Ben Pakalski swears by multiple servings of BCAA on a regular basis. I also started to do this method def makes you recover faster. If you look you can find them in bulk I ordered 5.5lbs of pure hplc Pharmaceutical grade BCAA for less than 100 bucks that is over 500 servings.

Silk aminos are crap...mainly found in haircare products bud...Blox is a BS scam. You haven't seen any benefit from them other than it tastes great...and you won't.

Get a good bcaa product, maybe one with glutamine and/or taurine and drink on that a couple times a day.

Silk aminos are crap...mainly found in haircare products bud...Blox is a BS scam. You haven't seen any benefit from them other than it tastes great...and you won't.

Get a good bcaa product, maybe one with glutamine and/or taurine and drink on that a couple times a day.

Damn. Thanks for the heads up I should've known I was just getting a sales pitch.

I actually did try the SAA's from TN. I was simply curious, and yes, they do taste great. SAA's have 18 individual AAs and is comprised mainly of L-Alanine, L-Glycine, L-Serine, L-Valine & L-Threonine. There have been several studies (don't have them available right now) that showed SAA's reduced cortisol increase compared to those who dod not take AA's, has shown potential to increase testosterone levels, as well as having anti-viral effects, preventing muscle and liver damage and having anti-tumor effects.

However, I do not recall any studies comparing BCAAs to SAA's and is well know that BCAAs are basically the building blocks of muscle protein synthesis.

If you are going to try them, try TN's since they are hell of a lot cheaper.

I actually did try the SAA's from TN. I was simply curious, and yes, they do taste great. SAA's have 18 individual AAs and is comprised mainly of L-Alanine, L-Glycine, L-Serine, L-Valine & L-Threonine. There have been several studies (don't have them available right now) that showed SAA's reduced cortisol increase compared to those who dod not take AA's, has shown potential to increase testosterone levels, as well as having anti-viral effects, preventing muscle and liver damage and having anti-tumor effects.

However, I do not recall any studies comparing BCAAs to SAA's and is well know that BCAAs are basically the building blocks of muscle protein synthesis.

If you are going to try them, try TN's since they are hell of a lot cheaper.

I have already been on Blox at 5 servings a day and still not recovering well. I like the info you gave. Someone on another forum they only had 5 individual AAs which wouldn't make it worth it but if the do have 18 that's another story.

For now, I picked up some muscle meds amino deconate and gonna take that twice a day and the blox the other 3 times and see if anything improves.

i just got a sample pack with something I ordered and i was wondering if it was a good idea too good thread bro i'd like to hear more on this

I have already been on Blox at 5 servings a day and still not recovering well. I like the info you gave. Someone on another forum they only had 5 individual AAs which wouldn't make it worth it but if the do have 18 that's another story.

For now, I picked up some muscle meds amino deconate and gonna take that twice a day and the blox the other 3 times and see if anything improves.

Here is the deal with the SAA's, although their are 5 main AA's the remaining 13 amino acids comprise <2% each of the total Silk Amino Acid sequence, so they are generally not included or even listed in the ingredient profile.

Personally, I prefer instantized EAAs from TN. I use the EAA's with extra Leucine added to the blend (the leucine 4:1:1, so it has extra BCAAs and leucine). The citrus flavors are actually pretty good and even if they don't strike your taste buds perfectly, you can always mix in some crystal lite. It'll save you some $$$.

Save even more with discount code KSP945 :)

I would save your money if they are more expensive....I stick with BSN's brand, I really like their product and it works and only for about 20bones.

SAA's is just new marketing crap to catch the unknowing & dumb teens lol

As for BCAA's buy the cheapest bulk you can get, it's all the same crap IMO.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear