over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Be careful on other boards...

HITHARD

Registered
I am not trying to stir stuff up HERE. Just got this information and theought I should share it. Stay safe everyone.

A few weeks ago Gymace received some information advising him that there was a hack created and published for Invision Power Boards (the brand used by SSB and several other sites) and many other branded Bulletin Board software sites. This information was given by a person who works on another board that is not in our friends section here and we thought we should investigate this matter. He advised us that with this hack installed, it was possible for board admins and moderators to read member’s PMs. After searching some hack sites we found this modification, here is the link to it:

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/5230

As you can see from that link, this hack has been downloaded almost 1100 times. That means there are possibly 1100 boards using this version or many similar PM hacks on their boards. It is widely known from the members who have been on these types of boards for a long period of time that ANY ADMIN on ANY BOARD can simply read a member's PM's simply by going into the board's database which sits on the boards server. All members in a database are issued a user ID, this ID is usually your member registration number. Example Gymace = member no. 1, your registration number is usually your database ID number.

Apparently you didn't read the other post regarding this matter. Reading other's PMs is NOT what Admins and Mods on this board do or condone.

WEll if people are that scared, they should not be talking riky stuff through PMs...

use a secure e-mail...that is common sense right there.

Steak Helmet said:
WEll if people are that scared, they should not be talking riky stuff through PMs...

I tell people this all the time that send me risque questions. Not so much as it's an issue on this board, they just need to get into the habit of not asking or discussing "anything via PM - IT'S NOT A SECURE MEANS OF COMMUNICATING.

xcelbeyond said:
I tell people this all the time that send me risque questions. Not so much as it's an issue on this board, they just need to get into the habit of not asking or discussing "anything via PM - IT'S NOT A SECURE MEANS OF COMMUNICATING.

Yeah it kills me how people just take certain things for granted and think it will not happen to them...people need to be more careful this day in age.

Xcelbeyond, I should have made my post more clear. What I wanted to get across was when you use other boards be careful, never once did I mean this board. My apologies if I offended the staff and or members of this board.

Thank you

Steak Helmet said:

Bump...........

You mean all my PMs to congressman Foley can be read by mods???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Qwert said:
You mean all my PMs to congressman Foley can be read by mods????
:D :p LMAO:p :D

HITHARD said:
I am not trying to stir stuff up HERE. Just got this information and theought I should share it. Stay safe everyone.

A few weeks ago Gymace received some information advising him that there was a hack created and published for Invision Power Boards (the brand used by SSB and several other sites) and many other branded Bulletin Board software sites. This information was given by a person who works on another board that is not in our friends section here and we thought we should investigate this matter. He advised us that with this hack installed, it was possible for board admins and moderators to read member’s PMs. After searching some hack sites we found this modification, here is the link to it:

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/5230

As you can see from that link, this hack has been downloaded almost 1100 times. That means there are possibly 1100 boards using this version or many similar PM hacks on their boards. It is widely known from the members who have been on these types of boards for a long period of time that ANY ADMIN on ANY BOARD can simply read a member's PM's simply by going into the board's database which sits on the boards server. All members in a database are issued a user ID, this ID is usually your member registration number. Example Gymace = member no. 1, your registration number is usually your database ID number.

Wow nothing is sacred any more...I know this board is not that way but, Im sure 99% of other boards will or have been using this.

I'm not worried one bit about this. This is the only board for me. Big A's good peeps and I believe to be a man of his word. Plus, I don't have any dirt in my PM's anyway. Besides, what could possibly be so important that an Admin would need to get in there and read anyway? Besides Mutany. hahahaha

HitHard is correct and makes a good point many may not be aware of.
It doesnt happen here, Im ceratin of that.
I can tell you though it IS Very normal practice by many board owners and it does happen all the time.
Im not sure so Much by the Mods But the Owners Yes.
Its happen to me before And I was Very Upset about it...Its Not OK
in my opinion thats 100% Bullshit. That Owner or Admin would HAVE to feel sneaky While Pilfering thru the members Pms and I DONT LIKE sneaky people like that.

rAJJIN said:
Its Not OK
in my opinion thats 100% Bullshit. That Owner or Admin would HAVE to feel sneaky While Pilfering thru the members Pms and I DONT LIKE sneaky people like that.

OTH feels the same way about you going through his underwear drawer. :D

I can explain. I thought for sure that was Mrs OTH Drawer :p
I would have never Known Grown men wear silk Thong Panties :confused:

rAJJIN said:

ahahahahahahahahaha

xcelbeyond said:

Well said,,,common fact pm's are NOT SECURE!

rAJJIN said:
You were going through my pm's with the pics again, weren't ya...sneaky mods LOL!!!:D

Tyrone said:
You were going through my pm's with the pics again, weren't ya...sneaky mods LOL!!!:D
:p Man, that's just wrong:D :p

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity