over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bed bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the past month I have been thinking I was allergic to the carrier oil in my prop, then last night I saw one. A few Not happy as im the opposite of a dirty hoarder my apartment is pretty empty.

Looking it up online I see people who got rid of them easy vs people who has to move out of their house. Luckily I rent a house and can move easily but would prefer not to.

Anyone ever have these?

Had them once,heard it was a pain to kill them.We just got rid of the matress and blankets.Those things look disgusting through a microscope😱

My understanding is that they usually live in the walls and just invade the bed at nighttime.

The big question is, how did they come to be there? They can arrive by all sorts of ways. The local library here once put out a warning that the bugs were spreading via their books!

My wife always checks the bed when we stay at a hotel. Look for droppings. Never had them before luckily. I did once have crabs though!

I think you need to have professionals come out and bomb your house. You say you rent. Do you have neighbors in the same building? I know cockroaches can spread from a neighbor's place.

All it takes to spread is a few eggs.

The condo unit below me awhile back had them. A special dog came to sniff them out. I was lucky and none found. They are very hard to eradicate.

Your landlord. Call them. Never had them but was reading the local paper months back and County Lockup had them. You'll need an exterminator. They'll be in your clothes so you can spread them. NYC is lousy with them.

The big question is, how did they come to be there? They can arrive by all sorts of ways. The local library here once put out a warning that the bugs were spreading via their books!

My wife always checks the bed when we stay at a hotel. Look for droppings. Never had them before luckily. I did once have crabs though!

I think you need to have professionals come out and bomb your house. You say you rent. Do you have neighbors in the same building? I know cockroaches can spread from a neighbor's place.

All it takes to spread is a few eggs.
No idea, maybe they got in my bookbag at work ?

I rent the floor of a house so I don't have to sign a lease, I can move whenever I want. I guess times like this my strategy works if they refuse to pay for the exterminator.

Only way to get rid of them is HEAT and I mean very hot HEAT...they have companies that will come in and heat whole house up and eradicate them all...one shot...cost is roughly $1200
They will heat the whole house up and hold it at an extremely high temp for about 4 hours....dries them straight the F out!!!

Look it up on wikipedia. They can live for a long time without eating. And they are hard to kill but can be killed with heat like Kenster said.

I had an infestation of fleas last year which sucked ass. I rescue cats/kittens and that sucked and was embarrassing but shit happens to anyone especially with pets. The best thing that worked for me is this product with natural oils in it that you spray and also the same product combined with diatomaceous earth. DE might work to kill BBs as well.

I met a guy once who ran an exterminator business in NYC. He talked about how lucrative it was and he was busy all the time with contracts for apartment buildings.

Only way to get rid of them is HEAT and I mean very hot HEAT...they have companies that will come in and heat whole house up and eradicate them all...one shot...cost is roughly $1200
They will heat the whole house up and hold it at an extremely high temp for about 4 hours....dries them straight the F out!!!
I wonder, wouldn't that damage electronics, like stereos, computers, and computers?

There are several ways to get rid of them... Heat being by far the most expensive. It's not the only way, and unless he has a massive infestation... COMPLETELY unnecessary.

Strip your room down, wash everything w hot water. Dry on high heat. Search the mattress, box spring and bed frame for spotting (poop, tiny dark spots), eggs, juveniles and adults. Pay attention to where bolts go into the frame, indentations and crevices of mattress. If you find them in the box spring just toss it. Pull outlet covers off, they like the heat generated in those. If they are in the walls and you live in an apartment then call your landlord asap. If just in your room and you don't find a whole bunch. Do as I said, remove and search everything. Wash all linen. Throw away if cheap. Treat bed, carpet w borax if infestation is light or a pyrethrin based insecticide if you find more than 50.

Alpine wsg (water soluble granular) is an excellent insecticide for control and should be able to source on ebay, Amazon etc. Mix up according to label and spray your room down- baseboards, carpet under or around bed, crevices of mattress.

Once done, buy a mattress cover and seal mattress tight. That will enclose the residual insecticide and any possible eggs or bugs left.

We had them in an apartment in Kosovo that had fleas and bed bugs , we stripped down the beds stood mattresses up on side an nuked the place with bug bombs for flea and ticks , we set off 8 bombs in a 900 square foot apartment.
When we came back we dusted the mattresses , carpet and rugs with diatomaceous earth. We never had bed bugs after that and rarely saw fleas.

I saw a Spray at Home Depot a while back for bed bugs , might check into that. The problem with them is if you don't completely eradicate them they will constantly move back in.

they are a bitch!
we had em in our house. in every bedroom.
paid $1750 for corporate pest control to get rid of em. they did 3 treatments.
they still came back.
so we decided to go to war with em.
bought a kinda high end steamer and steamed EVERYTHING. i mean EVERYTHIING.
and washed all clothes i heat and etc.
but i believe what worked was that steamer. it was a timely process but it worked.
and then we moved lol.

they are a bitch!
they still came back.
but i believe what worked was that steamer. it was a timely process but it worked.
and then we moved lol.
What did you do with all of your electronics? Have to get them out of the house?

they are a bitch!
they still came back.
and then we moved lol.
I think if you've had bugs recently before selling, you have to disclose that fact. That would hurt a sale.

According them sister who manages properties. They started being a bigger problem a few years ago. Charities seem to be more reluctant to accept some donations more these days due to them from my reading. They can get into clothing as well and can be difficult to get rid or entirely it seems.

we ended up having the exterminator come out, wasn't all my decision, cost 350 mattress and sofa gone, lost alot of clothes, no where to sleep currently and phone got broken in the process so no phone, contacts, passwords. quite the day, pouring down rain. I guess it could be worse could have torn a pec or bicep or had a health issue. going to hit the gym in a bit to de-stress and try and sleep on an air mattress, get new phone tomorrow. hope the chemicals killed them and hope it was a slow painful death.

You can bring them home if you travel. They get into your travel bags.they hate light and come out to eat at night or if the room is extremely dark no light at all.when you go to sleep they eat off your skin.if you leave a light on they won't come out. But they can go for a very long time without eating and not die. Been there done that

I did this one night, left the light on. Slept on an air mattress last night I didn't have any issues. Apartment is pretty much empty now most stuff got tossed so hopefully I can spot them if I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner