over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Been a while but I have a lawyer!

2elbows and I communicated via PM, a conversation you weren't privy to. He may also call him Douchey for other reasons but those reasons and the lawsuit you're talking about won't be discussed in this thread! Let's stick to the topic!!

That's fine, but you are the one who brought Governor Ducey and politics into the conversation by talking about tort reform. So when I respond to a comment he made calling him "Douchey" and him being voted out and its relationship to what is going on about discrimination with gyms currently in AZ(which you may know nothing about because you don't live in AZ); all the sudden you are quick to draw a line and admonish me. I understand that you are very sensitive to anything that may be interpreted as having any relationship whatsoever to the topic of CV-19, but come on, please try to look at things objectively rather than emotionally.

Sorry if I upset anyone I was trying to give a update from a year ago.
Nothing shady here as someone said. I had a surgery. I had a bad outcome.
It's been a rough 11 months and I did not think it was right.
Again loose use of a limb and see how you feel about it. I am guessing you won't say "oh well".

No one should go through what I did or worse and a surgeon not be accountable.

My risks were explained and I signed a paper. But 2 other surgeons agreed the technique she used and the outcome was avoidable. One is my new back doctor.

Not my 1st surgery and nothing in life is guaranteed. I know that but then there some things that are just to much to ignore.
2 types of suits as well negligence and malpractice. That's all I will say.

Yes it was barrows.

Thanks for the support.

Sorry if I upset anyone I was trying to give a update from a year ago.
Nothing shady here as someone said. I had a surgery. I had a bad outcome.
It's been a rough 11 months and I did not think it was right.
Again loose use of a limb and see how you feel about it. I am guessing you won't say "oh well".

No one should go through what I did or worse and a surgeon not be accountable.

My risks were explained and I signed a paper. But 2 other surgeons agreed the technique she used and the outcome was avoidable. One is my new back doctor.

Not my 1st surgery and nothing in life is guaranteed. I know that but then there some things that are just to much to ignore.
2 types of suits as well negligence and malpractice. That's all I will say.

Yes it was barrows.

Thanks for the support.

hate to hear it..good luck brother, I know money can’t fix what happened, but it can make things easier for you for a bit. I hope you get every single dime of that $4 million. Those saying they knew this risk for surgery, well yeah, but the surgeons also know the risks of fucking up. That’s why they have insurance.

Good luck bro, I hope everything works out. Medical malpractice suits are tough cases

hey you got that 20 you owe me?

That's fine, but you are the one who brought Governor Ducey and politics into the conversation by talking about tort reform. So when I respond to a comment he made calling him "Douchey" and him being voted out and its relationship to what is going on about discrimination with gyms currently in AZ(which you may know nothing about because you don't live in AZ); all the sudden you are quick to draw a line and admonish me. I understand that you are very sensitive to anything that may be interpreted as having any relationship whatsoever to the topic of CV-19, but come on, please try to look at things objectively rather than emotionally.

I mentioned it because it can greatly affect his financial outcome and I didn't bring any personal politics into it. It wasn't meant to be a political statement, it was regarding the pursuit of a law and how it could affect him if it were to become a law. In hindsight I shouldn't have brought it up since politics aren't allowed and it could have started a separate conversation on top of that...my bad. You say I was quick to admonish you and my response was emotional. My response had nothing to do with emotion, it was based on the fact that the conversation you were trying start had nothing to do with this thread and any COVID talk is to take place in the threads that already exist on the forum. If there's anything else you want to talk about, PM me so we don't clutter this thread anymore than it is.

Sazo---so if this were you..you'd just let it slide?
If ur wife went in for a procedure and they 'accidentally' made it so she couldn't reproduce--she'd be a dickwad for suing?
Accidents happen--yeah.
And reparations are made.
Good luck 2elbows!

Silly to use that argument because NOTHING is guaranteed in the field, and if there was a chance that in your scenario she couldn't reproduce than we go in knowing that, and there's ALWAYS a chance that death occurs, and funny you mention this because, yes a very similar scenario did happen like that to me, except it resulted in the death of my uncle. There's never any promises or guarantees in the medical field, and a good doctor will let you know best case and worst case scenario. Similar thing happened with my grandma and her cancer. You're working with humans, mistakes happen, even AI makes mistakes, NOTHING will ever just be perfect in life, mistakes will ALWAYS happen, it's simply a matter of how often, if someone is constantly making a mistake than I 100% agree he should be fired and sued and never allowed to perform his profession again. Which is why in my scenario I said makes A mistake not 5,10,15, 20..... ONE.

You're on a hardcore bb site, and you think that mistakes don't happen and that we're not playing with the devil? Nice try.

Silly to use that argument because NOTHING is guaranteed in the field, and if there was a chance that in your scenario she couldn't reproduce than we go in knowing that, and there's ALWAYS a chance that death occurs, and funny you mention this because, yes a very similar scenario did happen like that to me, except it resulted in the death of my uncle. There's never any promises or guarantees in the medical field, and a good doctor will let you know best case and worst case scenario. Similar thing happened with my grandma and her cancer. You're working with humans, mistakes happen, even AI makes mistakes, NOTHING will ever just be perfect in life, mistakes will ALWAYS happen, it's simply a matter of how often, if someone is constantly making a mistake than I 100% agree he should be fired and sued and never allowed to perform his profession again. Which is why in my scenario I said makes A mistake not 5,10,15, 20..... ONE.

You're on a hardcore bb site, and you think that mistakes don't happen and that we're not playing with the devil? Nice try.
@SAZO And I said that but a mistake is different from negligence. You are unassuming I am looking for a cash grab. I am not I make plenty of money with what I do.
Strictly out of principle. You cripple me and I walk away? No sir\miss I do not walk away especially if I k now I am right. Maybe I save another from the misery I am going through as well who is to say.

I always say no amount is worth my health. I am sure the OP feels the same.

Been a while since I made a post here.
My life was turned upside down last October when I had unexpected back surgery. If you read some of my old posts it went wrong right from the get go.
I went to a world renowned hospital and had the worst results.

My lifting days are not over but seriously limited. I now walk with a cane. My quads used to be 27" even at 51 years old. Now my left quad is 23" and my right quad is 21"
The surgeon f'ed up nerves in my back at l3\l4\l5 that control movement in my right quad and below the knee into the calf.

Been a real bummer because I was prepping for a senior competition.

SO! I went and had 2nd and 3rd opinions. They agreed the original surgeon caused my problems.
I went to around a half dozen highly rated attorneys. They all wanted the case.
I settled on the guy who is supposed to be the top in these kinds of law suits in Phoenix AZ.
The figure is $4 million for a host of reasons. He says they will settle and we have figure we will take.

Money wont makeup for what I lost but at the very least I'll have some satisfaction. Been a long 11 months.

Just a update.

Depending on the state your are in, the amount a plaintiff and defendant agrees to settlement may on the surface read "4 million dollars" but from medical malpractice cases i've studied, most states put a cap on the amount a plaintiff can be awarded.

Sorry to hear that. No amount of money can make up for the well being of a person.
Good luck.

I don't understand your stance here..nor do I care. You attacked him and called him a dickwad for suing. Yes ONE mistake was made by the doctor--and that ONE mistake should cost him a fortune.
Please don't reply.

I never called a single person in this thread a dickwad, clearly your reading comprehension is lacking, and clearly you don't understand much. Please don't reproduce if you haven't already.

I agree, it was pretty clear that you were calling yourself a dickwad and I won't disagree based on your attitude.

@SAZO And I said that but a mistake is different from negligence. You are unassuming I am looking for a cash grab. I am not I make plenty of money with what I do.
Strictly out of principle. You cripple me and I walk away? No sir\miss I do not walk away especially if I k now I am right. Maybe I save another from the misery I am going through as well who is to say.
I hope it's going in your direction. I knw a number of old lifters that fell into this back surgery mess. One guy was my idol as a kid. Now he's in constant pain.. never ending with no way of relief. These fucktards that try to pin some kind of label on you have no idea. Back surgeons are mostly sociopaths.

Unless the doctor performed a surgery that was grossly not warranted or there is obvious signs of negligence I don't see a case. Even if you have documented exams showing no deficit and then a post-op deficit the OP likely signed a waiver stating he accepted the risks of the surgery with usually has paralysis and worsened outcome in it as a risk. I see plenty of people who get in car accidents and blame 50 years of degenerative changes on the car accident which cannot occur. Not knocking the OP but its really hard to prove a doctor did anything wrong unless there is blatant issues that are able to be proven. I wish the best for the OP's health and am sorry you are in pain. I hope your health gets better regardless of the liability.

Negligence should always be compensated. Poor outcomes in the setting of procedures performed via standard accepted fashion for a reason that is clinically indicated with benefits/risk properly explained and witnessed should not be.

I have been sued many times. Often times people sue EVERYONE who was associated with ones case trying to get doctors to point fingers. I have often been dropped. Sometimes even though we would have won in court the hospitals lawyers settled for a small sum which would be less then legal fees ( lawyers know this and its bs but i dont get a say and its a jury of ones peers its a group of people who feel badly for someone who has cancer etc) and the two times i went to court I won after demonstrating how there "experts" clearly could not make the call prospectively like they claimed because NO ONE could without overcalling everything and doing more harm then good. these were cancer cases.

I have made mistakes and i will continue to throughout my career but hopefully less. Some mistakes stick with you and you never make them again.

I have also served as an expert imaging witness in my surgical outcomes cases as i can see if there was a nerve transection etc. Often times the plantiff does not want advanced imaging to be done but a few cases went there. We can do MRI neurograms/tractograpgy and 3t high resolution imaging. Reason why often plantiffs dont want it done is it can show the presence, or lack of, acute traumatic nerve root injury in the setting of surgery. It can also differentiate because nerve root inflammation resulting in pain and lack of motor function which can happen but isnt negligence by any means.

To the OP: See my back pain thread from last week. I discussed many different treatments which may be applicable to you. If you lower extremity mri hasnt shown fatty atrophy of your quads yet then reducing inflammation may be helpful. If there is only mild atrophy this may be a case that AAS can help a bit to preserve muscle function while attemping to address the underlying issues. Im not sure if you want to do any of that prior to the case as a independent eval may be done if it hasnt been already. Id look into the epidurals and longer use of selective cox 2 inhibitors ( i like etoricoxib).

You ofcourse already have many many physicians involved in your case but after its all over with, if you have follow up mri id be happy to take a look for you AFTER your case is over and see if we can help direct future care a bit.

EDIT: Just saw this thread was from the summer...

I hope all goes well in your situation .... Like others said .... No amount of money can compensate ur life

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member