over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Been down with Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacktail

Registered
Newbies
Have had Covid for two weeks now and finally starting to feel better. In that time I have lost 10 lbs and look terrible. Not going to go back to the gym until the first of the year. I’m hoping that muscle memory is a real thing. Worked way to hard for way to long time have to start again.
any insight on this would be thanked.

If I could offer one word of advice, it would be to not rush things. Yes, muscle memory is a thing and you'll back lickity-split-no-shit, but try to not rush back in full speed. I know you're going to wanna tear shit up like I did, told myself that no, I would NOT train too hard going right back in...guess what I did? Don't burn yourself out the first couple weeks, I know the urge is strong and damn that DOMS sure feels good

There was a whole covid thread but a few members decide to shitpost and got it shutdown. Tactical shitposting.

I would say anecdotally Vitamin D if you get your vit D levels checked and they're shit. That seems to be an issue for people in covid recovery.

Im sure if you lost 10 pounds the majority is water weight. You probably look deflated but thats it. The big issue you need to watch for are post covid complications. Guys have had horrible shit happen out of nowhere because their immune system goes haywire amongst other not good things. Dont overdue it trying to get back to where you were. Listen to your body.

Have had Covid for two weeks now and finally starting to feel better. In that time I have lost 10 lbs and look terrible. Not going to go back to the gym until the first of the year. I’m hoping that muscle memory is a real thing. Worked way to hard for way to long time have to start again.

As others have said, take your time. Give your body a chance to really heal, keeping in mind the punishment we deliver unto ourselves in the gym drains our resources, the same resources you need to fully recover.
Treat it like a significant injury, knowing that you will be back, but being hasty may delay your complete and ultimate recovery.

Good luck.

Muscle memory is an absolute fact , I lost some 40+ pounds last year after surgery and I bounced right back.
Once the calories and training are put back you will fill right back up.

Just don't rush it

There was a whole covid thread but a few members decide to shitpost and got it shutdown. Tactical shitposting.

I would say anecdotally Vitamin D if you get your vit D levels checked and they're shit. That seems to be an issue for people in covid recovery.

Im sure if you lost 10 pounds the majority is water weight. You probably look deflated but thats it. The big issue you need to watch for are post covid complications. Guys have had horrible shit happen out of nowhere because their immune system goes haywire amongst other not good things. Dont overdue it trying to get back to where you were. Listen to your body.

Cody Garbrandt seems to be having a rough time in recovery

This is no joke bro. My brother came down with it and lost 20lbs. Went from 270 to 250. He didnt touch a weight for a month till he started feeling better. This shit fucks you up. Go slow!!

This is no joke bro. My brother came down with it and lost 20lbs. Went from 270 to 250. He didnt touch a weight for a month till he started feeling better. This shit fucks you up. Go slow!!
How is he doing now?

Like others say muscle memory is a real thing focus on your health brother and stay strong!

lots of pros have tested positive and seems they have all recovered.
i only say that cuz i wondered if heavy AAS usage and being heavier than normal would put em at higher risk
but i cant think of one bber who has died of covid...
dont worry at all about your gains or anything.
just
get
healthy.
put all recovery energy towards your health not necassarily your muscles right now.
-F

i only say that cuz i wondered if heavy AAS usage and being heavier than normal would put em at higher risk
just
get
healthy.
put all recovery energy towards your health not necassarily your muscles right now.
-F
High out of range test levels can cause thrombosis, which is another deadly manifestation in COVID-19 patients.

If it was the flu you wouldn’t run back in or expect to immediately go back full strength so have same thing with this. Relax take your time and work back in. Not saying it is the flu but think rationally about it, you didn’t blow your back out or tear a muscle, you will be probably back full boar within a month if you start slow and ease back in.

just
get
healthy.
-F

there was that one guy a short while back. black dude in his 30's if i recall correctly.

was an IFBB pro

edit: Victor Luna

I just got over it myself, took me a while to get back in the gym but today was actually my second day back and it feels great to be back.

You’ll get there no need to rush, everyone gets sick sometimes...

If it was the flu you wouldn’t run back in or expect to immediately go back full strength so have same thing with this. Relax take your time and work back in. Not saying it is the flu but think rationally about it, you didn’t blow your back out or tear a muscle, you will be probably back full boar within a month if you start slow and ease back in.

This, the good news is you were sick no tear, lingering tendon issue, just use lighter weight IMO then ramp up over time. Hit the cardio good, always good to grow from a lean state.

Thanks everyone. Definitely going to take it slowly.

Blood clots and vertigo are things you dont want in your life.

Failing kidneys is even worse and that has also happened.

Cody Garbrandt seems to be having a rough time in recovery

i had it during the winter. put me on my back for over a week. first time i ever got worried i'd have to go to the hospital. my lungs were fucked.
2 months later i went from hiking 6 miles on non-gym days, to 2 miles and i had to sit down after one mile. my legs ached like there was no blood flow to em. took a month to walk more than 3 miles.
and gym? fuck that. i had to start over. weights i would use for 12's i could do 4-6 with.
my heart rate would hit 150 after a set of pushups or even simple calf raises.
to this day that still happens. i can feel great for a couple days then get really lethargic for a day or 2.
and my lower body still has trouble with keeping strength. i know i;m not the same as before i got sick.
death rate? so its low...what isnt news is how many people are like me. struggling with shit that was easy before.
and i aint even gonna mention brain fog. when i cant figure out the easiest thing to do. then worry after i DO figure it out, why i had a problem thinking it thru.

Glad your on the mend brother. I had it as well but not nearly as long..,.. the wife as well. Im doing the same. . taking the rest of the year off and then getting back at it. Take your time when you get back. It may take some time to get back where you were but you just gotta be patient. Good luck my friend.

Glad your well now man. I had a nasty run with it as well. I developed pneumonia on the 8th day after symptoms first appeared (was progressing well until then) and I had to go the ER the following morning when it felt like I couldn't breath. My doc looked at my bloodwork afterwards and was surprised they didn't try to intubate me. The 6 days I was in the hospital did one helluva a number on me. When I got home, it looked like I'd undergone a decomp lol. Bodyweight was a pound different than normal but drastically different in appearance. I was shaped like an a-frame lol.

It's only been 4 weeks since I got out the hospital and my internal medicine doc and pulmonologist have both told me I should expect recovery to take about 3 months or so. My brother had a nasty bout of COVID (no pneumonia thank God) and he felt it took him a month before he felt and looked like himself.

Here's what I can say so far.
1) Aerobic and lung capacity have suffered dramatically. Should be obvious considering the kind of disease it is, but it's truly dramatic and I can't emphasize it enough. So please keep that in mind when resuming activity. Take it easier than you think you should the first couple weeks. You'll be better for it in the long run.
2) Muscle memory is definitely real and I've already begun to see pretty decent changes. Again, it's going to take some time since you won't (and shouldn't at first) be able to train as hard as you could.
3) Absolute strength took a pretty serious hit as well. Granted, not training at all for nearly a month would do that to some degree regardless of COVID, but I don't feel comfortable even approaching my 80% of my previous maxes yet. I'm going to reserve that for at least a few more weeks.

Best of luck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members