over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Been down with Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got. Lucky I only had a stuffy nose. Same goes for my wife and kids. I took a week off and now back at it. My wife had sensitive skin and chills with muscle aches for 12 hours. If it wasn't for that we would of never got tested.
We were lucky

I got sick back in mid February and I'm still not back to my
i had it during the winter. put me on my back for over a week. first time i ever got worried i'd have to go to the hospital. my lungs were fucked.
2 months later i went from hiking 6 miles on non-gym days, to 2 miles and i had to sit down after one mile. my legs ached like there was no blood flow to em. took a month to walk more than 3 miles.
and gym? fuck that. i had to start over. weights i would use for 12's i could do 4-6 with.
my heart rate would hit 150 after a set of pushups or even simple calf raises.
to this day that still happens. i can feel great for a couple days then get really lethargic for a day or 2.
and my lower body still has trouble with keeping strength. i know i;m not the same as before i got sick.
death rate? so its low...what isnt news is how many people are like me. struggling with shit that was easy before.
and i aint even gonna mention brain fog. when i cant figure out the easiest thing to do. then worry after i DO figure it out, why i had a problem thinking it thru.

This is scary to read because it's almost identical to my experience. I caught something back in mid Feb that went straight for my lungs...I'd say I'm only about 90% recovered some 9 months later. I could not sleep lying down. Had to sleep in the recliner. Had this weird chest pain, especially when I'd try to take a deep breath that lasted for months. This all lead to being chronically sleep deprived...which is where the brain fog comes from I suspect. I'd get winded just walking the garbage down the hall. My training partner all but wrote me off cause I had cancelled so many times working out. Was never diagnosed because it was very early on in the pandemic and the few test kits my state had available were only to be used on patients with a recent travel history. 5 months later I took an antibody test but it was (-) which isn't uncommon as they say Covid 19 antibodies don't last long. I've had the flu many times in my life. A week of misery on the couch and another week recovering back to 100%. This has been TOTALLY different. My lung volume feels permanently fucked. My ability to breath is constantly in the back of my mind.

I'm an RN btw. I suspect I got it from a patient I cared for. I'm getting the vaccine next week but I'm convinced Covid 19 already kicked my ass.

I had this same experience at the same time. To the letter the same thing. The only difference was mine lasted 2 weeks and by week 3 I was feeling much better.

I havent had any lasting side effects but all your symptoms were dead nuts what I had. Ive had the flu before and I remember it being far worse to be honest. The thing about this was the lethargy and the lung issues. It didnt seem like the flu.

Can I ask what state you live in or where you were when you got it? Im assuming you have an international airport nearby.

This is scary to read because it's almost identical to my experience. I caught something back in mid Feb that went straight for my lungs...I'd say I'm only about 90% recovered some 9 months later. I could not sleep lying down. Had to sleep in the recliner. Had this weird chest pain, especially when I'd try to take a deep breath that lasted for months. This all lead to being chronically sleep deprived...which is where the brain fog comes from I suspect. I'd get winded just walking the garbage down the hall. My training partner all but wrote me off cause I had cancelled so many times working out. Was never diagnosed because it was very early on in the pandemic and the few test kits my state had available were only to be used on patients with a recent travel history. 5 months later I took an antibody test but it was (-) which isn't uncommon as they say Covid 19 antibodies don't last long. I've had the flu many times in my life. A week of misery on the couch and another week recovering back to 100%. This has been TOTALLY different. My lung volume feels permanently fucked. My ability to breath is constantly in the back of my mind.

I'm an RN btw. I suspect I got it from a patient I cared for. I'm getting the vaccine next week but I'm convinced Covid 19 already kicked my ass.

Honolulu, Hi (Honolulu International Airport).
I work on an acute/telemetry floor.
Get my flu shot annually w/o fail. Came down with influenza B in Sept 2019. Nothing major.
Prior to 2020 I'd have the occasional bout of bronchitis following a bad URI but never required long term medications.
Since March of 2020 my PCP's had me on/off Breo, Prednisone, Albuterol and Singulair to help me deal with my chronic breathing issues.
Kinda felt like he had no clue how to help me. The Singulair straight up turned me into a rage monster. 3 days on that and NEVER again!
I've considered making an appointment with a Pulmonologist. I've often wondered if this is lung scarring and if a lung CT might provide some answers.
My oxygen saturation is always 98-100% which further makes me think it's all in my head!

When I was on the downswing of my covid I had the breathing issue, it kinda popped up out of nowhere but luckily it didn't last more than a night but that was the only point I was genuinely worried. Mind you I didn't have the luxury of laying in bed for a week I was at work every single day getting my ass kicked as this is my super busy season, most days I just had to tell myself "you're not sick get your lazy ass to work" but in reality I totally did feel like walking garbage. The breathing issue happened at the end of a really long day and a pack of newports in, it scared me I ran my ass home from work but by the time I had an OTC inhaler from CVS doordashed to me it was gone anyway, pretty much just laying in bed fixed it.

Other than still feeling just a little off I was symptom free for a week but still couldn't manage the gym yet because I felt like my breathing wasn't right. This was my first week back and I'm good to go 100% but yea those 3 weeks sure took a toll on my physique, such a huge noticeable difference it's really disheartening that just a few weeks could do that to me. I'm sure I will get it back fast but still.....total mindfuck, just thinking I put in all these years and all it took was a few weeks off to look like shit.

Oh well, it is what it is....

Have had Covid for two weeks now and finally starting to feel better. In that time I have lost 10 lbs and look terrible. Not going to go back to the gym until the first of the year. I’m hoping that muscle memory is a real thing. Worked way to hard for way to long time have to start again.
any insight on this would be thanked.
I havent worked out since March. I was 2 weeks into prep when gym shut down im more concerned for my health than muscle. Muscle memory is real if you had it it'll come back quick.

I had it twice. 1st round (last january around news years), had horrible breathing issues. Thought it was the flu, went to the gym and left after 10 mins because I couldn't breath. That scared the shit out of me and i'm only 33 years old. Took 2 weeks off of work and gym because I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Came back after the 2 weeks and still couldn't breath. Body aches were no joke and had chronic headaches which I've never had before. Anyways, took about 3 months off from the gym until I felt 100% again. The second go around of covid was thanksgiving week. Had body aches, lost my smell/taste, and was lethargic. This time I had bad brain fog during the day when I'm at work and have to think fast. I've only gymed twice since thanksgiving. I went back the other week and did legs and was beat up for days on end. Had to turn down the poundage and intensity. Still not 100% imo but this wasn't nearly as bad as the first go-round.

hey bro, I survived H1N1 Swine Flu + Enterovirus stomach flu at the same time in 2014. I was in great shape and lost a ton of muscle throwing up 30x in a day emaciated. My bp was so high when I got admitted to ER my blood was pumping so hard it would shoot the needle tips for the iv right out and collapse the vein immediately. Systolic was 200+. Give yourself time and grace. HASTE MAKES WASTE . I think I lost like 30lbs this was in dec/jan but by summer I looked admirable again. Remember you are in this for longevity, last thing you want to do is end up back in the hospital

Two of my good friends just tested positive. But hell, we are in LA so its a shit show here.
Both of them have chills, sweats and body aches. The most annoying thing they say is the loss of smell and taste. Telling me it makes eating and getting food down hard as hell.

I've known friends who've got hit hard, had to go to the hospital and others who just lost the smell/taste and were feeling better in 48 hrs. Personally, I've tried to be safe as hell because 1. I'm in offseason and just spent a 6 months getting big and don't want to lose it all and 2. I have pretty severe sleep apnea being above 300 right now and my breathing isn't great to begin with. I have a feeling i'd get hit hard.

I was just following a Classic physique competitor, forget his name but he's a competitive dude who has a killer physique who just checked in on IG being in the hospital for 3 days. Laborious breathing and hooked up to oxygen. Yes, we are in shape but it seems that if anyone is carrying around any extra weight, you get hit fucking hard.

I had it twice. 1st round (last january around news years), had horrible breathing issues. Thought it was the flu, went to the gym and left after 10 mins because I couldn't breath. That scared the shit out of me and i'm only 33 years old. Took 2 weeks off of work and gym because I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Came back after the 2 weeks and still couldn't breath. Body aches were no joke and had chronic headaches which I've never had before. Anyways, took about 3 months off from the gym until I felt 100% again. The second go around of covid was thanksgiving week. Had body aches, lost my smell/taste, and was lethargic. This time I had bad brain fog during the day when I'm at work and have to think fast. I've only gymed twice since thanksgiving. I went back the other week and did legs and was beat up for days on end. Had to turn down the poundage and intensity. Still not 100% imo but this wasn't nearly as bad as the first go-round.

Im currently in my second time having it as well...i didnt think it would be possible to get it twice. Had it back in March when i had a cough / shortness of breath feeling for around a month. Was tired for the first 2 weeks with it.
Got it again the last few weeks (wife tested positive for it), i havent had a cough this time just the shortness of breath and have lost smell / taste and feeling a bit run down.
Must admit back in March i thought the world was overreacting a bit but it truly is a weird unknown disease.
still not sure i would take the vaccine though, maybe give it a year or so and see what the side effects are lol

No issue with members recounting their illness with COVID but try to answer the OP's question regarding muscle memory after getting over it.

Those that feel the need to chime in just to give their opinion on COVID will have their post deleted and possibly banned!

Have had Covid for two weeks now and finally starting to feel better. In that time I have lost 10 lbs and look terrible. Not going to go back to the gym until the first of the year. I’m hoping that muscle memory is a real thing. Worked way to hard for way to long time have to start again.
any insight on this would be thanked.
yea take it slow i had Covid back late april. It wasnt bad it just lasted like 10-12 days. it took awhile to get back into my routine and back to the gym almost 2 months. after about another 2 months back at gym i was back to my regular lifts! just take baby steps back to your routine.

Thanks for all the insight. Been bac to the gym twice so far and boy am I sore! But it feel amazing lol

yea take it slow i had Covid back late april. It wasnt bad it just lasted like 10-12 days. it took awhile to get back into my routine and back to the gym almost 2 months. after about another 2 months back at gym i was back to my regular lifts! just take baby steps back to your routine.
Took that long to get back into it?? Man that stinks. I guess it hits everyone different. But glad to see you’re ok

I currently have it right now as well. I haven't seen the gym in a week, and my appetite has been absolutely trash. The only things I have been eating are cheezits and air fried hash browns with protein shakes... I miss getting nice tricep pump :/

Took that long to get back into it?? Man that stinks. I guess it hits everyone different. But glad to see you’re ok
I know it's tough for the guys that had next to no symptoms to believe but it is 100% accurate. I won't even try to guess the cause because I've got nothing. My brother had 104˚ fever daily for 7 days then improved but still took a month before he felt like his breathing wasn't labored during exercise. I got pneumonia from it and had to be hospitalized for 5 days, and our cousin (who hasn't seen a gym in 5 or so years) barely had something akin to a sinus infection.

I currently have it right now as well. I haven't seen the gym in a week, and my appetite has been absolutely trash. The only things I have been eating are cheezits and air fried hash browns with protein shakes... I miss getting nice tricep pump :/
Yup, I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks

Muscle memory is an absolute fact , I lost some 40+ pounds last year after surgery and I bounced right back.
Once the calories and training are put back you will fill right back up.

Just don't rush it
How long did it take to regain strength

My sister is a nurse and she got terribly sick from COVID in March. I think it has something to do with the viral load you were exposed to. Pro sky s much larger load than most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear