Been out of training for a minute

getbig250

Newbies
I am
40 years old
6’6
Bmi/bf are both up there but not crazy
Been training since my 20’s

I’m looking for any suggestions to jump start my body and to get myself in better shape.

I am
40 years old
6’6
Bmi/bf are both up there but not crazy
Been training since my 20’s

I’m looking for any suggestions to jump start my body and to get myself in better shape.

First thing I would do is have labs drawn to see what your current natural baseline is.

Then evaluate your diet and training

I personally feel every man over 35 can see a significant difference in health , strength and body composition from simply taking a TRT dose that gets their level up into the 900 range
Add a couple iu of HGH a day and I’d suspect you would feel totally different.

Discipline > Motivation or Dedication. You have to invent reasons why you NEED to change and build an over reaching goal and plan. It doesn't get easier as you age, the process really needs to be concrete but there are many paths to Rome at the same time.

^^^make understanding the role of diet a priority

now don't take that to mean that i'm belittling the role of AAS cuz i'm not ..not even a lil bit
..they bring an undeniable TON to the table ..BUT you can get sooo much more out of them when you understand & implement diet

^^^i thought this was esp worth mentioning due your age & your success moving forward from this point

aside from that, GS posted some good info above as well

I have been doing nutrition for about 20 years. I’m always looking for a extra push so thank you.

I have been doing nutrition for about 20 years. I’m always looking for a extra push so thank you.

It obvious by your pic that you’re not the guy sitting on his ass eating chips

I’ve noticed that since I’ve gotten older my “carb tolerance” has gotten lower and lower I can stay lean more easily with more protein and less carbs.
I’ve also had to modify my training as year of abuse has taken its toll , less weight AND less reps works great now just increased time under tension and add in different intensity modifiers like muscle rounds , drop sets , partials and iso holds.
Keeping your test levels in the upper end of natural does wonders for energy , muscle gains and fat loss , and a little HGH certainly helps

Trust me I agree with you about carbs lol. They are not my friend either but taste so damn good. My workout are supersets , 30 min abs and followed by cardio for a hour every other day

Excellence through the fundamentals.

A lot of guys getting back into the swing of things will go back to simple routines they remembered liking best.
I encourage volume training when getting back into gym. I recommend getting a used copy of The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger and working as many excersizes as possible if not all of them.
Routines outlined in the books can be followed.

Focusing on proper form whilst incorporating new sets regularly can keep things interesting. This may help one avoid negative comparison of how strong they once were etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131