over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

before pics looking for advice BEFORE i grow

littlemansyndrome

Newbies
First of all I apologize for the photography, best I could do. Starting my first serious diet to go with a serious cycle (posted in newbie section), want to ask what I should focus on before I grow rather than chasing my tail after. Mind you thanks to the military I have multiple herniated disks in my lumbar and thoracic spine as well as bad knees and arthritis everywhere. I had a shoulder surgery in 2003 and need another one in the other shoulder. So I know my legs are lacking, its very difficult to work them without aggravating my , I can't do deadlifts and heavy squats.

I know I'm new, looking for the experienced advice to build on. Thank you

Attachments

• 20130320_070158.jpg
    20130320_070158.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 753
  • 20130320_070453.jpg
    20130320_070453.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 580
  • 20130320_070231.jpg
    20130320_070231.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 549
  • 20130320_070300.jpg
    20130320_070300.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 20130320_070326.jpg
    20130320_070326.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 551
Hip Belt squats brother...
If no platform available buy the belt use multiple dumbbells and just pre-exhaust legs with isolation experiences prior...
I have congenital spinal stenosis with facet syndrome (L1 deg. on my L4)

This is not only decompressive but works wonders in the leg area..

Gluck

you are at a great place to start , i'd suggest hiring a trainer if you can afford it

I'm scraping money together for food alone lol. Ive got a friend that competes that is helping me with diet so that will help!

Just lift and have fun with it. That's when results will come.

Since you have so many injuries and restrictions do what dosent hurt.

Eat good high protein, lift what you can and youll grow.

TRY THIS. If your knees hurt warm up with leg extensions. Ill warm up with as many as 10 sets, light to moderate weight, a lot of reps 20etc... this will get the blood flowing and fluid in your knees.

Thx, my Dr recommended high rep extensions to strengthen the knees. I'm taking about 1.75mg of protein per pound MINIMUM. Breaks down to 50g protein with each of my six meals, 50g carbs first five meals, 45g fat first four meals, doubling carbs in post workout meal, unlimited veggies. Breaks down to roughly 4000-4200 calories. I'm excited, first endeavor like this. Progress pics will come.

Thanks for the advice!

You look great! Low body fat. To pack on size you will need to eat more, and get the muscles under tension for more time. I like the advice of paying for a trainer. They know little things like how to save your knees and shoulders during squats and presses.

I wish I could see my abs....

Im a certified trainer with ACE but i know what you are saying. Although i may be able to train others, it didn't necessarily work with myself. Im great with excercise selection and variety but we always seem to find a way to cheat ourselves. I can't spot myself or see bad form and .

TRY THIS. If your knees hurt warm up with leg extensions. Ill warm up with as many as 10 sets, light to moderate weight, a lot of reps 20etc... this will get the blood flowing and fluid in your knees.

I thought that extensions were actually quite bad for the knees...? Puts a lot of stress on them in an unnatural position.

I thought that extensions were actually quite bad for the knees...? Puts a lot of stress on them in an unnatural position.

Negative.

And I said warm up to get fluid in the joint. Either way leg extensions are a staple

Tom Platz is my homeboy

If you have bone on bone grinding like I do, my Dr advised against heavy extensions but light weight/ high reps to fatigue helps strength and build knee stability. 30+ reps

lots of carbs, protein, killer workouts, plenty of rest, and of course, the right sauce :)

I feel your pain my brother, I have multiple upper body ruptures as well as both Ruptured patellas. My first patella (left) ruptured in 06, had it operated on and it it is at around 80%. My second 08 used the same surgeon but this time the staph infection took over. I had an IV drip bag for 3 months but to no avail, back in the hospital for an extended stay and went home with an aggressive IV therapy which did the trick. My right patella is now infused 1.5" into my lower quad. My surgeon which wrote the book on patellas advised me that it would be (For him) an uncharted surgical territory. My quad would be visually disfigured so I opted to not have the procedure done. I trained myself back to where I can be with my injuries. This photo was taken about a year ago before I was dialed in. Never mind the dog water as sometimes my plumbing leaks:D

Attachments

• 100_1870.jpg
    100_1870.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 317
I've got to thank Beat2Death. Did hip belt squats today, completely pain free. Well back pain, it burned like he'll. The dumbbells only go to 125 & can't really for a couple dumbbells easily. Think I'll throw on my 70lb training best and use heavy dbells. Haven't worked legs heavy in forever so I got 11 reps at a 3-1-2 pace with a 100lb Dbell. I was watery legged after so I know I hit em.

Diet is going well, great pumps and recovery. Lovin it!

There's a lot of good advice here being given... That said, having fun with it is noteworthy advice. If you're not enjoying lifting, you may give more pressure to perform, causing further injuries and worse, delaying more growth. I have often put too much investment on performance. This is mental "bad form", and it showes in every faucet of training. Adding too much weight, trying for one more rep despite loss of form. Doing too many sets. It shows both in and out of the gym.

... I could go on and on

As for the knees, I have/had bad bad knees. Early on, my solution was logical. Doing high rep leg extension to push blood into the area before squats worked. Now I have "some" muscle around the joint. For warmups, I do 20 squats with light weight, then move up from there.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner