over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Being Big Fat and Muscular...young-to-old and dead

Terrific thread. There is no free lunch. Everything we do in life in excess of moderation has a payback in other areas. This even includes the "super fit" not just the "big muscled".

I can honestly say that outside of a scholarship being "big" has added very little positive to my life other than friends I have made through training. I did have the heart failure. I do have the apnea. I do have the insulin sensitivity. These are not good things.

I truly feel that living a good portion of my life at 260-270 has probably meant I have shortened it. However I also consider that if I didn't live my life in the gym I may have still weighed 260 except all fat. I also might have liver damage from drinking. One thing is certain for me, I am not just going to work and going home, I am going to have some other outlet, and going to the gym is probably the best choice I could make versus "happy hour", clubs, etc.

I have no regrets, and I certainly agree that people should be allowed to do what they wish if it does not harm others, but I would like the information in the above post to be considered.

Lets be honest, I bet less than 20% of us have ever been on stage, or if we are are going to do it again. For the rest of us there is even less reason to go extreme.

Systems all fail at the extremes. Moderation is the key young man, moderation!

I also feel that being "extreme" has other costs as well other than physical. I would prefer to be successful at all facets of my life. Would I agree to have half my income if I could compete nationally? No. Would I agree to make double the income and go around being a slob? No. Would I sacriface the relationship with my girlfriend, dog, family, friends if it meant I could double my income or compete nationally? No.

Pekkerwood

Im still bothed by the early life span for in shape football players who are heavy. I mean, 53, that is very very young. Isnt there some other correlation with this? B/c even really fat people live longer than 53.

Im still bothed by the early life span for in shape football players who are heavy. I mean, 53, that is very very young. Isnt there some other correlation with this? B/c even really fat people live longer than 53.

they take a lot of physical abuse...thats about all i can think of? a lot of hits to the head...long seasons of hard work...its all gotta be taxing on the body. thats about all i can think of...just the whole "football lifestyle" i guess

they take a lot of physical abuse...thats about all i can think of? a lot of hits to the head...long seasons of hard work...its all gotta be taxing on the body. thats about all i can think of...just the whole "football lifestyle" i guess

Maybe thats the case. Its gotta be, b/c 53 is way too young. You see a lot of old time bbers droppin early but not always that early. Plus people who are really overweight, or even with BMI's the same as bodybuilders still live pretty long. I know its genetics,etc.. but I think the football thing is related to something like you said. Possible brain damage or something.

plus im sure they're on a ton of painkillers, etc. which dont exactly help their "healthiness"

Now you guys got me worried. Last week had a real bad stomach
virus that put me in the hospital. Had Xrays, Cat scans and EKG
done. Well Doctor told me EKG came out abnormal and need to
follow up with stress test. Scary part, I'm 51 and weigh 278lbs.
the only thing I ever did was cycle test for a year that's it. So
take heed to these words. Doctor said it may not be that
serious but I am scared. To add I was 10lbs heavier before the
virus.

Stevo, yeh, I am 55 and am just taking a basic cycle of Test E and EQ (for the joints). BUT this post has me worried; I'm not that big, 255# at 7% bf but am "killing myself" trying to gain muscle. Hope you are ok, bro!

Mike

Stevo, yeh, I am 55 and am just taking a basic cycle of Test E and EQ (for the joints). BUT this post has me worried; I'm not that big, 255# at 7% bf but am "killing myself" trying to gain muscle. Hope you are ok, bro!

Mike

Thanks for the consern mike, My bf % is a bit higher then yours
so at 7% would most likely put me around the same to which I'll
never see :( . Right now I'm on sus500 and getting good gains
but with no insurance can't afford a stress test at the momment.
Anyway, you take care too.

Last edited:
Aspirin. thinning the blood a little makes it easier for the heart to pump. I just read a current study where test subjects who took aspirin in the EVENING (baby aspirin size) lowered their systolic pressure measurably. The same effect was not seen in subjects who took the same dose during the day.

An aspirin at night keeps the reaper out of sight. ;)

Doesnt the AAS make the blood thinner already?? Is that why they won't perform surgeries with people on steroids because they are worried not being able to stop the internal bleeding? Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks

Doesnt the AAS make the blood thinner already?? Is that why they won't perform surgeries with people on steroids because they are worried not being able to stop the internal bleeding? Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks

I think its quite the opposite. AAS thickens the shit out of your blood, especially depending on what compounds your using. On just 300mg of test I have elevated RBC,hemocrit, and hemoglobin which all indicate thick blood.

I think its quite the opposite. AAS thickens the shit out of your blood, especially depending on what compounds your using. On just 300mg of test I have elevated RBC,hemocrit, and hemoglobin which all indicate thick blood.

So if I take asprin while on cycle will it also help lower my blood pressure? I know its mainly nutrition and cardio.

This was a great post .Generally ,the bigger you are the shorter your lifespan is and this is a fact. Look at the the people in the world living between 100 -120 yrs [and there are more of them than at anyother time in the planets history ] they are all very small and not just due to age . You can live big and die at 50-75 if you are lucky,or you can live to be lean , active , supple , and strong and have a much better shot of making or breaking 100.

In my eyes ,it is another to each his own type of answer. If and when you have kids ,and or grand kids . Or reach some sort of financial independance ,then the world tends to open up and you tend to care about sticking around much more than when you are younger ,busting your back every day in work and school ,just trying to make it everyday . All that's being said is perceptions change in one's life .Don't make choices that limit your future before it is too late.........besides wasted talent ,nothing is more sad to me than people that don't get enough time finding the beauty in themselves and this planet ...........it is there is you get enough time to see it and find it with in yourselves ......promise........what ever any of you decide ......" keep on trucking " ....." think before you act and take responsibility for those actions " " treat people and animals as you wish to be treated " and most of " Live and love " .......Fuck all the rest .....because until we die ,no one really knows much else .........much love and great post

So if I take asprin while on cycle will it also help lower my blood pressure? I know its mainly nutrition and cardio.

Not exactly sure about bp, but i aspirin defintaely thins blood and one baby asprin every night is recommened. Will not cause any harm to your liver either. I've also been using 100mg reservatrol at night as well to thin blood.

Now you guys got me worried. Last week had a real bad stomach
virus that put me in the hospital. Had Xrays, Cat scans and EKG
done. Well Doctor told me EKG came out abnormal and need to
follow up with stress test. Scary part, I'm 51 and weigh 278lbs.
the only thing I ever did was cycle test for a year that's it. So
take heed to these words. Doctor said it may not be that
serious but I am scared. To add I was 10lbs heavier before the
virus.

Hey Steve, I feel your concern, but don't sweat it. It's probably nothing. Docs just have to be sure, and the more tests we take the more $ they make! I'm 48 and have cycled AAS for about 20 years about 3-4 months per year. Always injectibles and moderate ones like Primobolin and Winstrol. I am off right now and weigh about 235 lbs. When on, the most I ever weighed was 245 lbs. This was a product of USING AAS, but NOT ABUSING them. Lately, as I get older I find it harder in the "off-season" to maintain quality muscle or get that GOOD workout pump while training. Also, we all have read that as we age the diminishing test in our bodies will contribute to this as well as other feelings such as depression, diminished sex drive, and a feeling of tiredness. So what should we all do?? Who knows, we are all different, and what works for one may not work for another. That being said, how much longer should we continue AAS use, into our 50's , 60''s??? I can't imagine not being on something at some point. I take a physical every year, and for the most part everything has been the same for the last 10 years (cholesterol 160-175mg. / Triglycerides 56-78 ) . With the exception of some higher liver enzyme counts, which eventually came down, everything else has been in the normal range. Also, I usually wait about 6 months after a cycle to get my blood tested. This way anything out of wack has a chance to get re-adjusted back to normal. Hope this helped. GOOD LUCK!!
Rich

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner