Being big isnt so much fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So the other day Kari asked if i had seen SHELBY'S video blog. I hadnt. I had seen some of his other vids but not that one.(btw i liked it. pretty cool peeking into a bbers life and seeing so much that looks like your own.). Now why did she ask? Im sitting about 260lb right now. Bigger than ive been in a long time, and leaner than ive ever been over 240. I got here pretty quick. But as i sit here, its hard to breathe. On shelby's vid, you can hear him breathing. Its the same thing im going through. Its hard to tie my shoes, walk in the mall, im wearing a 3xl....and not many stores have that size so i cant wear my favorite A/X, Ed Hardy, and Affliction stuff. So its Jordan and things like House of pain, ect for now.
( i have no idea where dusty and phil get their clothes. you guys wanna give up some shopping secrets? )

What do we do this for?I gave myself the next year to see what i could really do, with the info i have found in the last 2 years, the intensity i have and the great support system i have now to see how good i can be. I have no idea how this will end up. But looks like, Pre-contest, offseason, no matter what....its uncomfortable to be a bodybuilder at all levels.

so as Shelby knows and the rest of you who are sitting over the 240 mark.....sometimes bodybuilding isnt fun. We do this as a means to an ends....just hope it all pays off.

Lucian

It's hard to breathe just sitting in your computer chair?

It's hard to breathe just sitting in your computer chair?

No moving around. Walking, ect. Its pretty common. Ive seen most of the top pros breathe very heave and even sweat just sitting in a chair.

So clearly being big is harder for some than others. I've seen plenty of Pro BBers talking in videos and they seem very comfortable and are not breathing hard at all.

And how can you squat 500 pounds but have trouble tying your shoes? Makes no sense on the surface. You struggle walking in the mall, so how do you not pass out when you exercise intensely?

So clearly being big is harder for some than others. I've seen plenty of Pro BBers talking in videos and they seem very comfortable and are not breathing hard at all.

And how can you squat 500 pounds but have trouble tying your shoes? Makes no sense on the surface. You struggle walking in the mall, so how do you not pass out when you exercise intensely?

Ive actually spent time with these guys. they have a hard time doing most things. its so common that most are not even bulking anymore in the off-season but coming down in wt and growing into the shows now.

Cutler is looking forward to when he can be a NORMAL 240 and not have to carry that wt anymore!

I forgot to mention, the ammount of GOOD FOOD you have to consume day in and day out gets to be hard also!

And how can you squat 500 pounds but have trouble tying your shoes?

I used to feel what he is describing too. Its a feeling only those that have been there can understand. It was weird though how I could go into the gym and workout with 495 lbs on squats but get winded going up stairs. The sweating thing I hypothesized was because your metabolism is cranked up so high. I always felt hot, no matter how cold it was in the room and I was just about always sweating. Just sitting on a lab desk in the classroom I was teaching would leave a wet butt print on it in the middle of winter. Thats me, im not sure if he has the same things going on but I can agree with him on how it doesnt really feel good to weigh that much.

Ive actually spent time with these guys. they have a hard time doing most things. its so common that most are not even bulking anymore in the off-season but coming down in wt and growing into the shows now.

Cutler is looking forward to when he can be a NORMAL 240 and not have to carry that wt anymore!

Yes that does seem to be what they do.

But how can you go through grueling workouts but struggle to tie your shoes? This makes no sense to me at ALL.

I used to feel what he is describing too. Its a feeling only those that have been there can understand. It was weird though how I could go into the gym and workout with 495 lbs on squats but get winded going up stairs. The sweating thing I hypothesized was because your metabolism is cranked up so high. I always felt hot, no matter how cold it was in the room and I was just about always sweating. Just sitting on a lab desk in the classroom I was teaching would leave a wet butt print on it in the middle of winter. Thats me, im not sure if he has the same things going on but I can agree with him on how it doesnt really feel good to weigh that much.

Christ. Sounds awful.

Yeah im ALWAYS hot, i still sleep with the fan on. In the car the window is down a bit, and every time i eat....i get hot! Its like i know right when my metabolism kicks up after a meal. Training isnt a problem. Its kinda like you are used to huffin and puffing training anyway.

Christ. Sounds awful.

I would always sleep naked even in the middle of winter too, and just use a sheet on my side of the bed. Funny thing, even while doing this I still made my wife too hot on her side of the bed and she used to complain about how damn hot I was.

Eh. Honestly, now that I really think about it, that's how all 240 pound people feel, not just big bodybuilders. I know because I used to be a fat fuck. You are always sweating and ruining your shirts, you sweat when you eat, you leave wet butt stains on chairs, and tying your shoes is pretty hard.

Last edited:
Where can I find Shelby's video blog??

**broken link removed**

Here is his Video blog.

Yeah im ALWAYS hot, i still sleep with the fan on. In the car the window is down a bit, and every time i eat....i get hot! Its like i know right when my metabolism kicks up after a meal. Training isnt a problem. Its kinda like you are used to huffin and puffing training anyway.

Yeah, that used to be me before my heart attack lol! I too would get all hot when I ate and figured the same reasoning as you. I felt like a furance all day long and whenever you fed the flames it would get hotter.

Im sure you are watching your BP? I worry mostly about the heart. Take care in what youre doing. You dont want to develop cardiomyopathy like Chris, Pekkerwood, and I did.

Yeah, that used to be me before my heart attack lol! I too would get all hot when I ate and figured the same reasoning as you. I felt like a furance all day long and whenever you fed the flames it would get hotter.

Im sure you are watching your BP? I worry mostly about the heart. Take care in what youre doing. You dont want to develop cardiomyopathy like Chris, Pekkerwood, and I did.

I take my BP protocol and keep it in check. As for size.....this is it. im not going up another lb.....i hope. try to maintain this for a while before i start dieting. Train hard, train heavy and keep things at as healthy a level as i can!

So the other day Kari asked if i had seen SHELBY'S video blog. I hadnt. I had seen some of his other vids but not that one.(btw i liked it. pretty cool peeking into a bbers life and seeing so much that looks like your own.). Now why did she ask? Im sitting about 260lb right now. Bigger than ive been in a long time, and leaner than ive ever been over 240. I got here pretty quick. But as i sit here, its hard to breathe. On shelby's vid, you can hear him breathing. Its the same thing im going through. Its hard to tie my shoes, walk in the mall, im wearing a 3xl....and not many stores have that size so i cant wear my favorite A/X, Ed Hardy, and Affliction stuff. So its Jordan and things like House of pain, ect for now.
( i have no idea where dusty and phil get their clothes. you guys wanna give up some shopping secrets? )

What do we do this for?I gave myself the next year to see what i could really do, with the info i have found in the last 2 years, the intensity i have and the great support system i have now to see how good i can be. I have no idea how this will end up. But looks like, Pre-contest, offseason, no matter what....its uncomfortable to be a bodybuilder at all levels.

so as Shelby knows and the rest of you who are sitting over the 240 mark.....sometimes bodybuilding isnt fun. We do this as a means to an ends....just hope it all pays off.

Lucian

U have to go to Marshalls where all the reject Affliction shirts go for $24 and there rejects because they have size 3-4xls in florescent colors.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear