over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Being stubborn

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
You ever do shit you know you’ll regret tomorrow...fully knowing the outcome?

Like today I was feeling frisky. I squatted heavy, knowing my knees would kill me tomorrow. And I hit some rep PRs. Annnddd now I’m on my couch with bio freeze on my knees.

I am stupidly stubborn

I try not to. But yes, I do sometimes. For me its those days I decide to pull heavy. I know it's dumb but I do it anyways and then my following workouts suffer.

It's been a long time so It's possible to learn from the dumb shit we do.

Did you ever post your info on a steroid site, fully knowing that your government has become a banana republic with a third world legal system? It's where they pick and choose which laws to enforce with an uneven application of the law; where there is a law that says everything, where activity ebbs and flows like a force of nature instead of being the sentience of reason?

One day it was this, then it was that. I'm fully aware, but I'm just "stubborn."

Replace squats with deadlifts and knee pain with back pain and you got me all figured out. Getting old blows.

Did you ever post your info on a steroid site, fully knowing that your government has become a banana republic with a third world legal system? It's where they pick and choose which laws to enforce with an uneven application of the law; where there is a law that says everything, where activity ebbs and flows like a force of nature instead of being the sentience of reason?

One day it was this, then it was that. I'm fully aware, but I'm just "stubborn."

Andddd...cue existential crisis

Like today I was feeling frisky. I squatted heavy, knowing my knees would kill me tomorrow. And I hit some rep PRs. Annnddd now I’m on my couch with bio freeze on my knees.

I am stupidly stubborn

Pretty much every day. At least every day I train, at this point. I'm a glutton for punishment, but the punishment is so rewarding. Which makes me a bit of a masochist, I guess. Or maybe I just like being sadistic to myself. Is there a difference at this point?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posted something like this once: Even though he knows it isn't necessary to go to failure to achieve muscle growth, and even if he knew that it wasn't productive to push so hard, and that he would be better off terminating the set with a couple reps in the tank, he would still push sets to failure all the time. Why? Because it's the ethos of our sport, and his sport. He needs to feel that he is the hardest worker in the room, and that he has done his utmost to achieve success.

I feel the same way, much too much. I fully understand and embrace the ethos he talked about, even though it has gotten me badly injured on several occasions, and overtrained countless times. I love going to failure, and pushing myself way too hard for my age and level of injuries. It's psychologically rewarding to get that endorphin rush of pushing yourself past your limits, as hard and heavy as possible, even though intellectually you know you would be better off taking it easy or taking a few days off from the gym. But lifting has always been emotionally rewarding for me, and a way of killing my demons, rather than something I can view objectively and from an intellectual standpoint. Even at the age of 52, I still have passion to be in the gym, pushing myself as hard as I can, and I hope that I always will.

Call it stupid, call it stubborn, I wouldn't deny either.

But whether I'm in the gym, or downstairs on my power rack, or outside with my strongman yoke and sled and farmer's walk bars, or out running sprints at the soccer field, I'll still be pushing myself as hard as I can, for as long as I am able to do it.

It may be stupid, it may be stubborn, but it's my passion. And I do so love pushing myself hard. And I always will.

Pretty much every day. At least every day I train, at this point. I'm a glutton for punishment, but the punishment is so rewarding. Which makes me a bit of a masochist, I guess. Or maybe I just like being sadistic to myself. Is there a difference at this point?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posted something like this once: Even though he knows it isn't necessary to go to failure to achieve muscle growth, and even if he knew that it wasn't productive to push so hard, and that he would be better off terminating the set with a couple reps in the tank, he would still push sets to failure all the time. Why? Because it's the ethos of our sport, and his sport. He needs to feel that he is the hardest worker in the room, and that he has done his utmost to achieve success.

I feel the same way, much too much. I fully understand and embrace the ethos he talked about, even though it has gotten me badly injured on several occasions, and overtrained countless times. I love going to failure, and pushing myself way too hard for my age and level of injuries. It's psychologically rewarding to get that endorphin rush of pushing yourself past your limits, as hard and heavy as possible, even though intellectually you know you would be better off taking it easy or taking a few days off from the gym. But lifting has always been emotionally rewarding for me, and a way of killing my demons, rather than something I can view objectively and from an intellectual standpoint. Even at the age of 52, I still have passion to be in the gym, pushing myself as hard as I can, and I hope that I always will.

Call it stupid, call it stubborn, I wouldn't deny either.

But whether I'm in the gym, or downstairs on my power rack, or outside with my strongman yoke and sled and farmer's walk bars, or out running sprints at the soccer field, I'll still be pushing myself as hard as I can, for as long as I am able to do it.

It may be stupid, it may be stubborn, but it's my passion. And I do so love pushing myself hard. And I always will.

Amen

Welcome to the older years of this lifestyle! I'll say this, be good to yourself if you want to continue to be able to lift well into your senior years or until you're carried out feet first.

If you answered “no” you either haven’t been lifting weights very long, or you just aren’t that into exercise as much as the rest of us.
You can blame the drugs, but for most of us, thrashing our bodies IS the drug. If you take away our ability to physically decimate our muscles/cardio vascular system, then there’s an existential crisis.

Yeah, every time hunger beats me late in the day, eat some shit, I get hot and restless, and poor sleep. It's something I hate and it can't be compared to training harder than I can, I can deal with the physical pain, but being stupid at that level makes me desperate. Although I am learning over time.

I am stupidly stubborn

Sounds like me. Right knee has been hurting. so on MON I squat anyways (should have skipped it), I wrapped them thinking I'd be OK. I caught myself favoring the right as I got deeper i the hole,and sort of leaning off of it toward the left leg a bit. After second rep, I said, this wont work, I'll be smart and stop. :rolleyes:

Too late. Right knee does feel better, but now left one is hurt/swollen from leaning to side a bit under load. :sneaky:
Taking 2-weeks off from legs now to heal up fully...

I am stupidly stubborn

I swear to god we are brothers from another mother ;)

At 37, I still haven't grown out of it... arnicare joint gel stays in business bc of me so there's that.

I swear to god we are brothers from another mother ;)

At 37, I still haven't grown out of it... arnicare joint gel stays in business bc of me so there's that.

It is funny how some are hardwired.

“Hey you want to put this really heavy weight on your back, squat until your lightheaded, lungs on fire, legs quivering?”

YES!!

Oh and btw you will have pain for 4-6 days afterwards...

fuck it lets go!

I do shit like this every day! Not even with lifting! Just dumb shit!

really, it’s part of just being a man with free time.

We've all done things we knew we would regret when we were younger, but once you hit 40 plus your common sense takes over. Please don't label people because someone maybe is smart enough to realize that doing Coke all night at 20 years old isn't the same as doing it when you are older.
Stop with the "You either are motivated or you are not serious enough bullshit." Everyone of us is different, every one of us has different ailments. The older you get the more cautious you will be, it's called life experience, knowing that maybe squating all those plates will fuck your knees up isn't fucking worth it.

All these young retards think they are invincible until they grow older and realize that some shit is worth doing and some shit isn't. Doing stupid shit for the fuck of it is just plain fucking stupid. You have people that will take gear and drugs and live like they are in their 20s until something terrible happens to them or their health then the regret kicks in and you have people who use their brains and know what's good for their health and longevity.

Best reason for training at home in my garage. I can be sensible and put 2lb plate on either side of a machine without embarrassment. At a bodybuilding gym my idiot side comes out and try to compete with the young bucks

We've all done things we knew we would regret when we were younger, but once you hit 40 plus your common sense takes over. Please don't label people because someone maybe is smart enough to realize that doing Coke all night at 20 years old isn't the same as doing it when you are older.
Stop with the "You either are motivated or you are not serious enough bullshit." Everyone of us is different, every one of us has different ailments. The older you get the more cautious you will be, it's called life experience, knowing that maybe squating all those plates will fuck your knees up isn't fucking worth it.

All these young retards think they are invincible until they grow older and realize that some shit is worth doing and some shit isn't. Doing stupid shit for the fuck of it is just plain fucking stupid. You have people that will take gear and drugs and live like they are in their 20s until something terrible happens to them or their health then the regret kicks in and you have people who use their brains and know what's good for their health and longevity.

To add to this: you can train extremely hard and heavy without significant aches and pains with good programming. A lot of this sounds like paying for YOLO training, not being "hardcore" or whatever.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws