over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bells Palsy

jerseystepup

Registered
I haven't been online in a while... but figured id drop in jsut to get a few opinions of some people...

Im 28 yrs old.. have done 4 cycles in the past... and was gearing up to do another soon.

Now about 10 days ago i woke up with bells palsy.. ive been to the dr.. had tests run to rule out anything serious, and was told basicly to ride it out.. im just finishing up a run of prednisone, and im doing physical therapy with electronic stimulation..

my questions are, does anyone on here have PERSONAL experience with this form of temporary paralysis? I dont mean do you know someone, but more has anyone whos been a BB and used gear had it before? I found nothing online linking the two, but wanted to just ask to be sure.. Also, how might this effect my future usage of gear?

Im very knowledgable as far as the general information about bells palsy out there, and the dr said i most likely got it from exposure to extreme cold.. the night before i was out plowing and shoveling snow for 12 hours.. i just wanna make sure i can keep all the gear i stocked up on :)

thanks everyone

I don't have personal experinence, but I have a friend who gets it. It effects his face, but it is temporary and goes away. It doesn't really effect his health. What did the doctor tell you?

The dr basicly just told me to ride it out... he said if i WANTED hed refer me to physical therapy... so im giving that a shot.... was scary at first i thought i had a damn stroke.. im still working out and all that.. the prednisone sucks but its almost done with...

i guess logically thinking your avg cycle shouldnt have anything to do with getting, recovery, or relapse of bells palsy

The dr basicly just told me to ride it out... he said if i WANTED hed refer me to physical therapy... so im giving that a shot.... was scary at first i thought i had a damn stroke.. im still working out and all that.. the prednisone sucks but its almost done with...

i guess logically thinking your avg cycle shouldnt have anything to do with getting, recovery, or relapse of bells palsy

You just made me look it up. I assume the doc checked if you had a small stroke or Lyme.

Since he suggested therapy, the doc may believe it is from pressure on the nerve. Are you sleeping on something harder than a pillow? If you are having any pain below the ear or at the back of the jaw you should mention it to the doc. It might be as simple as grinding your teeth when you squat or sleep.

I have a mouthpiece from my dentist. It is for both keeping my airway open(apnea) and preventing me from grinding my teeth down to the nerves. :eek:

One more thing occurred to me: have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

B12, it works very well for this. I wrote the following on a different post:

Bro, get some B12, it will help out a lot in the recovery. My dad had that, as well as a member's GF at the board I Moderate at, and it helped out a lot. In the case of the other member's GF, she was cleared up in 3 weeks after administering the B12.

The studies use the methylcobalamin B12. I think Synthetek has a B12 supplement if I am correct....might want to check it out. The other option is the use of the corticosteroid prednisone, which does work very effectively for this condition. I'd try both personally. The MD will probably prescribe prednisone, but i'd add in B12 if it were me.

Good luck and sorry to hear the unfortunate news. The appearance makes the condition look 100x worse than it really is.....although, it's kind of an erie feeling not knowing exactly why this condition occurs.

Keep us informed on it bud

BMJ

Good luck buddy:)

BMJ

I had it when I was 18, which was 16 years ago..doc just gave me prednisone for 6 weeks and I recovered fine..its never came back either..it does suck not being able to move half of your face, sleeping with one eye open, not being able to chew food easily, etc...

had it for 4-5 months till it totally went. nothing cycle related.

Today is day 10... its extremly frustrating... but it could be worse right? did you continue to workout normally while having it? or change anything else in your every day routine?

I had it about 5 years ago and still have some of the affects. I got most of my movement back within 3 months. Mine was very painful and had to stop working out for about 6 months. I don't think it has anything to do with gear.

Thanks to everyone that applied... what im more curious about.. is not is this AAS related.. But is it safe to start my cycle while having this condition?

i am 36 and had it 2 yrs ago. freaked me out. everyone thought i was having some sort of stroke. i went to ER and they gave me the steroids to help it and some eye drops as my eyelid would not shut. i stayed out of the gym for 3 days and it went away. they said if i had not gotten to the Dr when i did you can suffer permanant effects.

end of last summer i felt it coming on again. i can tell b/c everything i put in my mouth has a bad taste food, gum, drinks, etc. tastes like metal. i called the Dr and got a refill of the scripts and it was gone. all has been well. i was told it had nothing to do with the use of gear. good luck

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws