over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Belt squat question

BOZZ

Registered
Newbies
Crucify me if you will, but I love belt squats. I enjoy them mostly because no one ever uses the damn thing and it’s always available and because it’s seems like I’ve actually gotten decent improvement while using it.

My question is this. Which belt other than the Rogue are people using. It stretches, or maybe the padding just compresses too much and is starting to tear up my thighs under heavier loads.

I have bone on bone in one knee and back has some rust around the edges. I don't use any belted squat machine. I do them old school with a belt wrapped around a dumbbell and just squat for reps. Then i do regular squats with light weight and then leg presses or visa versa. At some point after the 6th decade of life most of us have to switch things around and stop loading the squat bar with 4, 5, 6 places a side. Belted squats are great to avoid over use issues at that point and to keep the legs working if the back is having a spell. In other words, they are good all around and a good work around to maintain function and some level of strength.

I use Spuds adjustable belt squat belt. Never had any issues with it. I love belt squats! Nothing wrong with incorporating them in on leg day!

Cage

^^^ Can't go wrong here. All of the other SPUD stuff is great as well. Their gear will last a lifetime. Marc is a good dude that sells high quality items at a fair price.

I use Spuds adjustable belt squat belt. Never had any issues with it. I love belt squats! Nothing wrong with incorporating them in on leg day!

Cage

Thanks a ton. I was actually looking at one of their other models and didn’t even know they made an adjustable until I googled it.

Spud and Rogue are the main choices here. Both work but Spud won't have the give I think you are referring to. I've not used Spud's belt (I own their dip belt though) but super reputable and wouldn't hesitate.

Only reason I can squat now with no back pain and hold low squats for a pause. I have to use a wider stance to avoid the cable/belt rubbing my thighs

I use the spud inc pillow belt. Actually purchased it for my wife and used it once, been using it ever since. It’s adjustable and forgiving.

Crucify me if you will, but I love belt squats. I enjoy them mostly because no one ever uses the damn thing and it’s always available and because it’s seems like I’ve actually gotten decent improvement while using it.

My question is this. Which belt other than the Rogue are people using. It stretches, or maybe the padding just compresses too much and is starting to tear up my thighs under heavier loads.

I hear you, I love belt squats too! Best leg machine ever! But I've had the same problem with the belt. Unfortunately that is bound to happen with heavier loads and the limiting factor of how much weight you can load ends up being pain tolerance and not your muscles. I found a way to bypass that, check it out:
:)

Bumping this one too as I had the original spud inc belt squat belt and the only problem I found were the strap with the rings on quite long. Recently got the adjustable one and it’s fantastic.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear