Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
Click on this link:

**broken link removed**

::port-smi::port-smi::port-smi::port-smi::port-smi

Doing this as favour, so clicking the link is appreciated.

I've seen some of his clients using his program on Facebook. Definitely looks like it works for them

Reading what he says about feeling ur warm up sets more than working sets hits home with me. I can really feel and contract the muscle using lighter weights but the downside is I never get sore from this approach. On the other hand if I go heavy and use less strict form and don't squeeze etc. I always am sore the next day. I know soreness doesn't equate to growth but it equates to muscle stress thus stimulation... I don't know. I really like being sore. Makes me feel like I'm growing.

Also he mentions only doing 4 sets per exercise. I'm a volume guy. I just don't get sore from 4 sets. I usually double that at least. Any thoughts from anybody about the 4 sets per exercise approach??

Reading what he says about feeling ur warm up sets more than working sets hits home with me. I can really feel and contract the muscle using lighter weights but the downside is I never get sore from this approach. On the other hand if I go heavy and use less strict form and don't squeeze etc. I always am sore the next day. I know soreness doesn't equate to growth but it equates to muscle stress thus stimulation... I don't know. I really like being sore. Makes me feel like I'm growing.

Also he mentions only doing 4 sets per exercise. I'm a volume guy. I just don't get sore from 4 sets. I usually double that at least. Any thoughts from anybody about the 4 sets per exercise approach??

i do 5 work sets per exercise 2 exercises per muscle group, i consider that very high volume.

been very happy with the results form this.

That has to be four work sets, I would consider that a perfect number especially if you are training volume (10+ reps). Anything lower wouldn't hit the threshold for tissue breakdown unless you are max or 90% plus on every set. Anything more and you are probably not using an optimal amount of weight. The sweet spot I've found is 2 warm up sets and 4 work sets of 10 reps at approximately 80-90% of max weight.

On a side note, Pak works out at my gym. He's a nice guy and is FREAKING HUGE right now. Seriously has an amazing amount of muscle tacked on to his frame.

I agree with lighter weight and TUT;however, I've seen youtubes of Pak lifting stupid heavy with poor form...maybe he just does that for fun sometimes.

My opinion is it's a gimmick based around a number... Sure it works for people that have never lifted, just about anything does. But for those of us that are serious lifters, this program is garbage. It appeals to the masses and is a quick buck for him. This is just my opinion tho...

i do 5 work sets per exercise 2 exercises per muscle group, i consider that very high volume.

been very happy with the results form this.

Typical for me is ill go up in weight for 5-6 sets till I can maybe get 5-6 reps then subsequent sets ill drop the weight and then drop again and again staying in that 7-9 range. Total sets are around ten or so. Four exercises per body part.

For example leg extensions will take me close to an hour cause I run the rack up then back down. Till failure each set. It's what I'm used to perhaps it's too much. I figure more is better

Last edited:
I seriously just eat food and lift. If I want to do more sets ill do more sets. Just move weight and you will grow.

My opinion is it's a gimmick based around a number... Sure it works for people that have never lifted, just about anything does. But for those of us that are serious lifters, this program is garbage. It appeals to the masses and is a quick buck for him. This is just my opinion tho...

I know what you mean by the term "gimmik" ... but its not a gimmik it works for plenty of people. It easily allows the body not to overtrain, yea its not the way most of us train but if you think about it there are certain muscle groups were this is exactly what most of us do.. but its not a gimmick its a sales pitch so to speak on something that does work. I dont know a good word but gimmick is very negative

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

"Trainers hate him... etc., etc., this one weird trick."

That has to be four work sets, I would consider that a perfect number especially if you are training volume (10+ reps). Anything lower wouldn't hit the threshold for tissue breakdown unless you are max or 90% plus on every set. Anything more and you are probably not using an optimal amount of weight. The sweet spot I've found is 2 warm up sets and 4 work sets of 10 reps at approximately 80-90% of max weight.

On a side note, Pak works out at my gym. He's a nice guy and is FREAKING HUGE right now. Seriously has an amazing amount of muscle tacked on to his frame.

Crazy muscle. Saw Chris Cormier training him there last night. Guessing he's having him fly out for a few days at a time to train him for the Arnold.

Crazy muscle. Saw Chris Cormier training him there last night. Guessing he's having him fly out for a few days at a time to train him for the Arnold.

Two other people on this thread that train at Powerhouse in Tampa?! I've seen him a number of times in there and Ive never seen him lift "heavy". He seems to follow his own program so that speaks volumes. I train in a similiar fashion but only do 3 working sets TOPS. As far as it not being sufficient for growth.... not true...
Chris was there tonight, but he was training an Asian guy

Last edited:
Seems like there's a few folks here that train there. :)

I know he was rack deadlifting last week (Wed, I think) with another member here who can pull 8 plates from the floor (for a double). (Yes, I saw the video and trained with that member the day before and the day after - he's a strong mofo, and Ben beat him by a half rep on their heaviest work set.)

I've seen Ben safety bar squatting >5 bills for sure on the free standing rack at the downtown Powerhouse. (It's been a while so I don't recall the weight.)

-Scott

The also filmed some video. :)

-S

Yea powerhouse downtown is where it's at. I haven't seen cameras yet but I'm sure the closer to the Arnold there will be some around.
I have seen him throw some good weight around for sure. I don't know his training style so I can't comment on that. I'm a mountaindog guy.

The also filmed some video. :)

-S

Didn't know you were in tampa? I have trained at a few other places in this area and nothing is even remotely close to downtown powerhouse. Unfortunately I have to train in the evening when its super busy at the beginning of the week at least. Later in the week it gets better and was empty bc of the holiday tonight.

Two other people on this thread that train at Powerhouse in Tampa?! I've seen him a number of times in there and Ive never seen him lift "heavy". He seems to follow his own program so that speaks volumes. I train in a similiar fashion but only do 3 working sets TOPS. As far as it not being sufficient for growth.... not true...
Chris was there tonight, but he was training an Asian guy

Yea saw him there too. For some reason I thought Chris was an inch or two taller but I'm guessing he was 5'8".

I seriously just eat food and lift. If I want to do more sets ill do more sets. Just move weight and you will grow.

This needs to be put on a plaque and hung up in every gym in the universe.
Lol. Seriously best advice there is...keep it simple.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner