over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ben Pollack's Mountain of Doggcrapp

I like to use leg press as an example alot because I could take any guy in this forum and ask him "hey what can you leg press for 16 reps?" and they will proudly tell me their answer (lets say 700 just for hypothetical reasons)....I bet any money i can get in that guys head and WILL him to someway somehow take that 700lbs and get 30 reps out of it...its pure willpower.... there is no balancing of bar needed...we are going to wrap your knees and you are going to go to 12 (then 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent), 18 (then 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent) 23 (he is going to be doubting himself here but he is going to do 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent) 25, 27, (breath) 28,(breath) 29,(breath) 30. And he will make it to 30 with sheer fucking willpower.....and its going to feel like he got hit by a Ford 350 but he made it....when he previously thought he could not. Thats the kind of mentality alot of people should take into weak bodypart training....especially if you can find a movement to take balancing the bar out of it.

This just needs to be here, I think, to emphasize the above:

-S

Off days calves and "abs" (vacuums and practicing quarter turns, Shelby doesn't want any direct ab work).
In my ridiculously unqualified opinion compared to the names contributing here.... I think this is very sound advice for most competitive bodybuilders. I thinks abs DO get overdeveloped since they are involved in supporting the body for nearly all movements: overhead press, squats, deadlifts, heck even triceps pushdowns cause a lot of ab activation. This is not a discussion about "functional" training, athletic performance etc. Purely from a cosmetic POV I think most competitive bodybuilders do not need direct ab (hypertrophy) work. They are already getting it on other movements.

i am a bit buzzed but dont et that dicredit me... the gifted just grow....

i love to see and hear all the talk bout this training way or super supps or recovery is key or etc.... craig titus shot 3 ccs at all times cuz he said why not if u r gonna take a shot load it full... jurassic paul is known for skipping shots and meals and traiing sub par and he is one of biggest dudes ever on the stage...
again... stondeed...
-F

This just needs to be here, I think, to emphasize the above:

-S

Scott I miss the old “intense set of the week” from the dog pound.

That damn thread had me chasing a widow maker PB every leg day. I filmed 335x17 but sadly didn’t win.

but that chase for heavy loads at a retarded rep range had my legs looking right.

I think for great legs you just have to do some crazy retarded shit to go from “good legs” to “great legs”

7-8 working straight sets just isn’t gonna give you freak status.

JM does this, clusters, drops, but it’s sprinkled in

Scott I miss the old “intense set of the week” from the dog pound.

That damn thread had me chasing a widow maker PB every leg day. I filmed 335x17 but sadly didn’t win.

but that chase for heavy loads at a retarded rep range had my legs looking right.

I think for great legs you just have to do some crazy retarded shit to go from “good legs” to “great legs”

7-8 working straight sets just isn’t gonna give you freak status.

JM does this, clusters, drops, but it’s sprinkled in

That was just part of the board, but it was VERY often the DC Trainees / those doing DC training who were winning the contest!

Most will have to earn every inch they get on their legs, I agree.

7-8 working straight sets done in a variable rep range performed every 2-5 days in a progressive overload, do or die, f'ing gravity is my bitch fashion, pounding away for several years on end with occasional de-loads as needed (given food and recovery is in place and hormonal status matches the goal level of competition), I think you sure as hell can get freaky ass legs.

Not sure what you mean exactly when you're getting at wrt to JM when you say, "but it's sprinkled in."

-S

That was just part of the board, but it was VERY often the DC Trainees / those doing DC training who were winning the contest!

Most will have to earn every inch they get on their legs, I agree.

7-8 working straight sets done in a variable rep range performed every 2-5 days in a progressive overload, do or die, f'ing gravity is my bitch fashion, pounding away for several years on end with occasional de-loads as needed (given food and recovery is in place and hormonal status matches the goal level of competition), I think you sure as hell can get freaky ass legs.

Not sure what you mean exactly when you're getting at wrt to JM when you say, "but it's sprinkled in."

-S

I was just meaning JM doesn’t have a specific intensifier he sticks to. Like on racks and Hacks, there will sometimes be clusters. On Leg press, he does strip sets at times, and in Bulgarian split squat he does some go to failure, drop dumbbell, and do 1 and 1/2s to failure.

just saying he also preaches max intensity sets intelligently programmed in, and he rotates through the different types of beyond failure methods.

oh and like partials out of the hole on leg curl.

I was just meaning JM doesn’t have a specific intensifier he sticks to. Like on racks and Hacks, there will sometimes be clusters. On Leg press, he does strip sets at times, and in Bulgarian split squat he does some go to failure, drop dumbbell, and do 1 and 1/2s to failure.

just saying he also preaches max intensity sets intelligently programmed in, and he rotates through the different types of beyond failure methods.

oh and like partials out of the hole on leg curl.
I would say that intensifiers are a mainstay and varied. (Sprinkled had me thinking you meant they weren't common.)

-S

I like to use leg press as an example alot because I could take any guy in this forum and ask him "hey what can you leg press for 16 reps?" and they will proudly tell me their answer (lets say 700 just for hypothetical reasons)....I bet any money i can get in that guys head and WILL him to someway somehow take that 700lbs and get 30 reps out of it...its pure willpower.... there is no balancing of bar needed...we are going to wrap your knees and you are going to go to 12 (then 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent), 18 (then 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent) 23 (he is going to be doubting himself here but he is going to do 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent) 25, 27, (breath) 28,(breath) 29,(breath) 30. And he will make it to 30 with sheer fucking willpower.....and its going to feel like he got hit by a Ford 350 but he made it....when he previously thought he could not. Thats the kind of mentality alot of people should take into weak bodypart training....especially if you can find a movement to take balancing the bar out of it.

Weak hamstrings? A lot of guys do the lying leg curls, seated leg curls, (or stiff legs) for eons and have weak hamstrings and just think "ok it is what it is"....."thats it".....go try putting your back on a 12 inch https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-...MI3IPPsOmZ7wIVjh6tBh3Cygs0EAQYAiABEgL1BPD_BwE with your butt on the ground, but your heel buried into a flat bench and do one legged glute bridges while holding a dumbell on your chest for 20 reps (progressive over time).....your hamstrings will be freaking destroyed and there might not be another exercise you have ever done that puts more muscle mass on your hamstrings than that one in your life. "outside the box"....things like that....its a bodybuilders job to think this stuff out
1) First paragraph...This has been super important for me in the past when training legs. Both the leg press and hack squat are awesome for those grinder sets. I have done them exactly like you mentioned here, and they whoop your ASS! After you are done with the set, you are SPENT, but you feel good from the endorphins (for lack of better terminology). It's amazing what one can get done when they set their mind to it and are forced to push into that realm. As much as it is painful and hurts, it's addicting once you get into it. You have to be mentally strong and willing to go there.

2) Second paragraph. Is there a video of sort showing this exercise? For some reason my dumb butt is not picturing it right...or rather the actual lift part. So you are sitting on the ground with your back against one of those 12" steps. Then I get lost on the rest with the heels and the actual lift part:( Thanks!:cool:

There i think you would have to do the leg press last because your going to be slaughtered after it.....so i would do squats first and the leg press dead last and get the heck out of the gym....but if i remember right Juggy your a bigger dude and I seriously would suggest this for you https://www.instagram.com/p/BuFjRBQniJv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is the routine I am currently doing. Thanks Dante. I train my shoulders and arms twice a week like suggested. I am 61 and young people in the gym tell me that my shoulders and arms have come up a lot. My legs were also thinning out with age. Now they are responding. The leg routine is great if done correctly. Looks simple on paper. If done correctly with intensity, it yields good results. Overall, I get this routine a thumbs up.

2) Second paragraph. Is there a video of sort showing this exercise? For some reason my dumb butt is not picturing it right...or rather the actual lift part. So you are sitting on the ground with your back against one of those 12" steps. Then I get lost on the rest with the heels and the actual lift part:( Thanks!:cool:

mr bmj, I'm obviously not Dante, but from his description, I'm thinking it's a similar movement pattern to # 3 in the thibaudeau article below: I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on it.

In the article below, check out #3, "the scissor hip extension"

From what DC is saying, I think that's the general movement. Yes, I know the description in this article isn't the EXACT way Dante recommends it, but I believe the general movement pattern is very similar.

Instead of laying on the ground like in the photo, Dante wants your back to be on a 12" box with your ass starting out on the ground and your heels up on a flat bench. Then, one leg at a time, drive your heel into the bench like a mofo and extend your hips. I've done these before, and if you've never done them, prepare to be sore as hell for a few days or more

This is the routine I am currently doing. Thanks Dante. I train my shoulders and arms twice a week like suggested. I am 61 and young people in the gym tell me that my shoulders and arms have come up a lot. My legs were also thinning out with age. Now they are responding. The leg routine is great if done correctly. Looks simple on paper. If done correctly with intensity, it yields good results. Overall, I get this routine a thumbs up.
You look like you are in your 40's from a facial aspect...definitely don't look like 61, man! I'll try to examine you more closely the next time I ever see you:D Forget you are living in a different country now though, lol.

mr bmj, I'm obviously not Dante, but from his description, I'm thinking it's a similar movement pattern to # 3 in the thibaudeau article below: I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on it.

In the article below, check out #3, "the scissor hip extension"

From what DC is saying, I think that's the general movement. Yes, I know the description in this article isn't the EXACT way Dante recommends it, but I believe the general movement pattern is very similar.

Instead of laying on the ground like in the photo, Dante wants your back to be on a 12" box with your ass starting out on the ground and your heels up on a flat bench. Then, one leg at a time, drive your heel into the bench like a mofo and extend your hips. I've done these before, and if you've never done them, prepare to be sore as hell for a few days or more

Hey thanks for that man! That helps me out a lot on interpreting the movement. I'm gonna have to give those a try, especially since they take minimal equipment for my home gym!

X, have you tried Jordan Peters approach?
What's weird is that I would plateau much more on DC training. But on Jordan's approach, i can go loooong periods of continually beating log book stuff. Strange i know. It is microloading, but its progress.
For whatever reason I can hype myself up for one failure set pretty easy. But when its three consecutive ones, stuff gets wonky. Even running DC (which i haven't in years), i juuust focused on that first set to failure. If i beat my reps there, I'm all good.

I also think that the older I've gotten the more I had to realize that if I want to log stuff, i need to be accurate and accountable in my sleep and nutrition too. I cant have a shit night and then expect to be prepared to rep 405 on incline bench.
Is there anywhere to find info on Jordan’s style of training, or do you just have to buy the app?

human body has an amazing almost godly adaptation ability, hence the evolution of our species both physical and psychological, blood types, and the whole entire concept of darwinism. with that said I have always been a firm believer in throwing a monkey wrench into every equation regarding sets and reps , modifying every variable possible

I like to do almost everything slow motion with the exception of my explosions. I always hit rest-pause, force contractions, slow-mo negatives on every single set. I will never jeopardize form and jerk and overcompensate or undercompensate. If I cant do a perfect 3-4 reps I wont.

So I will pre exhaust usually with 20 reps. Then I will do 2 working sets with 10 reps. Then I will go heavier with a weight I can only do 4-6 reps on and do 2 sets. Then I will finish sometimes with just 3 reps till failure. Everything is always done till failure. Sometimes I will instead finish with another burnout.

One of the smartest people I know in the field of bodybuilding is a student of DC. he is 6"8 300lbs and a homey of mine we lift occasionally and bounce ideas off eachother. Guy is a wiz and freak

human body has an amazing almost godly adaptation ability, hence the evolution of our species both physical and psychological, blood types, and the whole entire concept of darwinism. with that said I have always been a firm believer in throwing a monkey wrench into every equation regarding sets and reps , modifying every variable possible

I like to do almost everything slow motion with the exception of my explosions. I always hit rest-pause, force contractions, slow-mo negatives on every single set. I will never jeopardize form and jerk and overcompensate or undercompensate. If I cant do a perfect 3-4 reps I wont.

So I will pre exhaust usually with 20 reps. Then I will do 2 working sets with 10 reps. Then I will go heavier with a weight I can only do 4-6 reps on and do 2 sets. Then I will finish sometimes with just 3 reps till failure. Everything is always done till failure. Sometimes I will instead finish with another burnout.

One of the smartest people I know in the field of bodybuilding is a student of DC. he is 6"8 300lbs and a homey of mine we lift occasionally and bounce ideas off eachother. Guy is a wiz and freak

Is that big A.M.? If so as solid as they come.

Is there anywhere to find info on Jordan’s style of training, or do you just have to buy the app?

Besides his app or his members site, he had an ebook he put out last fall/towards the end of last year. I believe it was called "Training Principles" or something along those lines. It's a solid read that goes into how he trains.

super super Clift notes....favorite split

push/legs/off/pull/off....repeat

2-3 exercise for chest, 2 shoulder/ 1-2 tricep. 3 quads, 2 hams, 1-2 calves. Back usually 4 exercises.

work up to a brutal 6-8 reps. Rest 2-3 min or so. Then do a back off set 10-15 reps. Your done with that exercise. Legs is usually higher rep range.

try to meet god literally every set.

that covers most of it

how's your recovery on that routine?

thanks.

Reactions: UCP

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws