over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ben Pollack's Mountain of Doggcrapp

how's your recovery on that routine?

thanks.

Good, but not at first. I backed off a set or two initially until my body got use to it. Also there is a difference training natural versus enhanced. Workouts are not super long and effective. I have done rest pause sets in the past, just not DC training.

Good, but not at first. I backed off a set or two initially until my body got use to it. Also there is a difference training natural versus enhanced. Workouts are not super long and effective. I have done rest pause sets in the past, just not DC training.

so you're training "natural" on that routine? A little bit younger than you but i've tried similar splits with RP sets etc and it was just too many training days/wk to recover. thanks.

so you're training "natural" on that routine? A little bit younger than you but i've tried similar splits with RP sets etc and it was just too many training days/wk to recover. thanks.

Did both ways. Better on a cycle for real growth and recovery.

That was just part of the board, but it was VERY often the DC Trainees / those doing DC training who were winning the contest!

Most will have to earn every inch they get on their legs, I agree.

7-8 working straight sets done in a variable rep range performed every 2-5 days in a progressive overload, do or die, f'ing gravity is my bitch fashion, pounding away for several years on end with occasional de-loads as needed (given food and recovery is in place and hormonal status matches the goal level of competition), I think you sure as hell can get freaky ass legs.

Not sure what you mean exactly when you're getting at wrt to JM when you say, "but it's sprinkled in."

-S

Sprinkled in maybe wasn’t the correct word. Yes intensifiers are done on like 2-3 of the 4 lifts. I guess what I was trying to say is John programs all different types of intensifiers.

like now he throws in his “25 set” which is kinda a newer one. Pick a weight you get a hard 10-12. A few breaths, more reps, a few breaths more reps...until you hit 25. He had a few Olympia girls doing it on the leg press and they went full savage with it.

he also does it on leg extensions

Is there anywhere to find info on Jordan’s style of training, or do you just have to buy the app?
I have his most recent training book.
In it there’s 2 different phases. This is what he used for himself and after following guys he trains it’s exactly what he uses for them.
The first phase is a 2 way split that you could use indefinitely. It’s kind of a modified DC 2 way honestly. This is what I’ve been doing and I’ll only change if I feel I can handle the PPL. Other than that I plan on this being the only routine I will ever use again.
The 2nd phase is a ppl with a decent amount of volume.
His basic training principles are what Dante always preached. Log everything, sleep, food, training, how you’re feeling etc.
Dont change an exercise until you fail to add weight or reps 2 weeks in a row.
Tempo 3-0-1-0.

These are the basics but the book Training Principles go more in depth.

I know DC is based on rest/pause which is why I mention, but its way too low volume to be effective imo. So , this method seems ideal
It’s extremely effective. I’d say it’s one the most effective ways to train to put in size. You need more volume because you don’t know how to train hard.

super super Clift notes....favorite split

push/legs/off/pull/off....repeat

2-3 exercise for chest, 2 shoulder/ 1-2 tricep. 3 quads, 2 hams, 1-2 calves. Back usually 4 exercises.

work up to a brutal 6-8 reps. Rest 2-3 min or so. Then do a back off set 10-15 reps. Your done with that exercise. Legs is usually higher rep range.

try to meet god literally every set.

that covers most of it
Close. It’s 5-9,10-12.
Legs is the same. Some exercises have a higher rep range or straight sets like 15-20.
I totaled the weekly volume on chest on the PPL and it’s 14 failure sets.
Legs totals 33 weekly sets. Not including calves.

I just think there is a large part of the bodybuilding population that triceps and biceps and delts will respond to those heavy inclines, heavy dumbell presses, heavy back movements in the grind it out 6-10 rep range and then there is a large part of the bodybuilding population that doesnt respond to that and they have to get "weird with it" in both rep schemes and 'mechanical positions".....Its kind of like this....virtually every single bodybuilder on this planet legs will respond to 20 rep squats that are progressive. Virtually every single bodybuilders legs will respond to heavy high rep leg presses in the 16-30 rep range if he is progressive with it. Think if that guy lifted for 12 years in a gym that he could only do leg extensions and hack squats and he did those for 8-10 reps, because thats all he knew and what his body was limited to responding to. He is limited. I virtually guarantee within a year of being introduced to 2 new mechanical positions (deep squats for 20 reps) and deep leg presses for 16-20 reps....his legs are going to blow the hell up. That kind of mentality has to be introduced to each and every weak bodypart. Ive seen that happen on advanced bodybuilders on "rack chins" where they had a developed but somewhat normal back but never really found that width exercise that took them to a new level....then they get into rack chins and just "get it" how its supposed to be done...and their back width transforms. I like to use leg press as an example alot because I could take any guy in this forum and ask him "hey what can you leg press for 16 reps?" and they will proudly tell me their answer (lets say 700 just for hypothetical reasons)....I bet any money i can get in that guys head and WILL him to someway somehow take that 700lbs and get 30 reps out of it...its pure willpower.... there is no balancing of bar needed...we are going to wrap your knees and you are going to go to 12 (then 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent), 18 (then 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent) 23 (he is going to be doubting himself here but he is going to do 5 deep breaths with knees slightly bent) 25, 27, (breath) 28,(breath) 29,(breath) 30. And he will make it to 30 with sheer fucking willpower.....and its going to feel like he got hit by a Ford 350 but he made it....when he previously thought he could not. Thats the kind of mentality alot of people should take into weak bodypart training....especially if you can find a movement to take balancing the bar out of it.

Weak shoulders? Wrap up your elbows like this is going to be a max effort 6 reps so your triceps dont fatigue first...and bomb out a 16-30 on a shoulder press machine with high reps and heavy weight and your delts will have no other recourse but to respond to that over time. Alot of people look at a shoulder lateral machine and they get one exercise out of it. I face in, i face out, I face in with one arm at a time, I face out with one arm at a time, Ive even found one where i stood in front of it (Panetta) and did a lateral just holding the handle. Every one of those is a slightly different mechanical position and every single one of those except the standing one...I ended up with the whole stack with gympins and plates or dumbells hanging off of it getting 20-30 straight or 20-30rp.

Weak hamstrings? Alot of guys do the lying leg curls, seated leg curls, (or stiff legs) for eons and have weak hamstrings and just think "ok it is what it is"....."thats it".....go try putting your back on a 12 inch https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-...MI3IPPsOmZ7wIVjh6tBh3Cygs0EAQYAiABEgL1BPD_BwE with your butt on the ground, but your heel buried into a flat bench and do one legged glute bridges while holding a dumbell on your chest for 20 reps (progressive over time).....your hamstrings will be freaking destroyed and there might not be another exercise you have ever done that puts more muscle mass on your hamstrings than that one in your life. "outside the box"....things like that....its a bodybuilders job to think this stuff out
Dante - I’m trying to visualize the hamstring exercise you described but I’m having trouble “getting it”? Can you explain a little more, I want to try it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear