over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bench day

Iceman1800

Registered
sp b w/dbl mini's 155x3 9 sets 185x3 225x3 all good speed

db b 85x12/12

l/o's 315x3 365x3 405xmiss/1 wife laughed at me on the miss at 405. I yelled at the bar and told it that it better not f*in miss again.

overhd tri ext 3x7

db ext across chest 3x10

db press 3x10

abs

"...wife laughed at me on the miss at 405. I yelled at the bar and told it that it better not f*in miss again."

Did you take her to the gym, so she could show you what to do...AGAIN?

Hi Ice,
Refresh my memory on what your bench max is?

Frank

Hey Ice,
Just my 2 cents, I use 185 to bench 585, Paul Childress uses 225-245 to bench 700. I believe George Halbert also uses around 225. I would drop the bar weight and watch your bench go up! If you were just using straight weight I would bot have a problem. With bands it is to heavy, it should probably be between 35-38% of your shirted max. Paul and I have not changed our speed weights, we have just gottin faster!

Frank

Frank White said:
Hey Ice,
Just my 2 cents, I use 185 to bench 585, Paul Childress uses 225-245 to bench 700. I believe George Halbert also uses around 225. I would drop the bar weight and watch your bench go up! If you were just using straight weight I would bot have a problem. With bands it is to heavy, it should probably be between 35-38% of your shirted max. Paul and I have not changed our speed weights, we have just gottin faster!

Frank
Frank,

New to the board, but can you give me some ideas to get my son's strength up. 16 yrs old 6'3" 240 lbs. max bp 295. stuck at this for @ 2-3 months. How can you go up if you use less weight???
please get back to me, maybe an upper body workout routine from you would do the trick.
thanks!!!

a desperate dad!!!!

Hey Job99,
You have a big boy on your hands, can you say NFL! If you scroll down to the post Critical Bench posted by Conan, he has some links that will help you out. I could write a book about training after my 23 years of competing. To make a long story short, Speed Kills! That statement has been around for a long time and it is very true. It does not matter if we are talking about bullet speed, bar speed or bat speed. It is a very important thing to have, As Louie Simmions said, lift slow be slow. I was watching the MLB homerun derby tonight. They said all the players use lighter bats for better bat speed instead of trying to get stonger and use a bat that is 3-5 onces heavier. All the homerun hitters use bats in the 31-33 once range. Where back in the day they used to use 35-37 once bats. When they talk abouts Bonds or Griffy all you hear about is bat speed!
It's kind of complicated, but when you see a lifter who uses progressive overload, they are usually slow and only apply enough force to lift that weight. For example, a guy squats 600 for 5 reps. The chart says it is a 700 pound max, The lifter gets crushed with 650 at the contest because he never applied 700 pounds of force. My speed squat weights with blue bands are 345-385 to squat 870! Speed Kills! Get faster and you will get stronger!

Frank

Job99 did you not get my email I send you a whole 8 week program for your son, which applied westside methods into a football program?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear