over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bench press: 49 reps of 225 lbs.

the guys max is probably not that impressive...he probably trained for that record. I mean, this guy weighs 310lbs!!!
I agree with the others that the weight should probably be at least 100-125% of the players bodyweight. now that would more likely impress me.
incline....that's no fun to watch and we all know this is about show!
my best run at 225 weighing 195 was 17 reps....don't think i could get close to that now though even weighing about 230. but if I trained for this record...that may be a different story. maybe I will do that during my next cycle.

Last edited:
Pretty impressive because it is most likely none of these guys are "on"

"most likely" cuz you just never know.....

Reps

That is very impressive as far as numbers go...I think he beat Brady Quinn by a few reps!!

so annoying how people always post steroids and shit on comments when people are doing great things in the weight room...its like get a fucken life.

that would fail miserably at the NFL combine :rolleyes:

its tough to judge which guys can rep and which guys can max, simply meaning that some MLB would be able to do 10 reps while others would do 1.

there are a hand full of top OL prospects that didnt break 25 reps at their testing this year.

225 is an ideal weight for everyone. Skill and the Big guys can both do it

That is just sad for OL...weak and slow!! The Cowboys will sign them!!

I must have missed soemthing in the earlier posts!!!

Nick Winters did 225 for 50 last year in the animal cage at the Arnold

RIP Nick

Impressive. I saw it on ESPN before it aired cause my sis used to work for them. I'm 6' and sitting at 290lb. right now. That makes me want to get healthy and crush that by far.

I agree, That was impressive! 6' 290 is a big boy!!!

Here is a video of me doing it 31 with a max at the time of around 400. Nothing like 49 but posting it to show you the guy spotting me has done it 45 before. He plays D2 football and weighs just a tad over 300. If he trained for it I am sure 50 would be achievable for him. The most I have ever done was 36 or 37.

YouTube - Thomasfouraker Bench Press 225 For Reps

Last edited:
225 for this guy is like me doing 175 for reps when doing a body wieght comparison. I know I could knock out at least 20 without trying and my max is barely over 300 again. (I hate bench by the way...my wrists, elbow and shoulders are really too beat up for it these days).
I am not hating though...I am thinking of the physics behind it.

Last edited:
Awesome display of strength! I could have done without the man kisses at the end though...wtf? :ac:ion-sm

Ill friendly challenge you Tyrone to a head to head 225 rep contest posted on board. Im about 190ish right now. Let me know. No disrespect intended. I think it would be challenging- What do ya think? Any interest? If ya win ill donate a couple hundred to a charity of your choice. All in good fun and entertaining....Would like a couple weeks- say April 1st or so to train my endurance fibers. You can make the "rules." If your not healthy or not interested no biggie at all. I just always like to get up for a challenge and a difficult challenge it would be cause its not the way I train. Rarely do I even do 12 reps of anything. I'm more the 6-8 rep kind- although we do burn out on 225 on bench day till failure but I never do it fresh as of late.

Impressive. I saw it on ESPN before it aired cause my sis used to work for them. I'm 6' and sitting at 290lb. right now. That makes me want to get healthy and crush that by far.

Last edited:
Ill friendly challenge you Tyrone to a head to head 225 rep contest posted on board. Im about 190ish right now. Let me know. No disrespect intended. I think it would be challenging- What do ya think? Any interest? If ya win ill donate a couple hundred to a charity of your choice. All in good fun and entertaining....Would like a couple weeks- say April 1st or so to train my endurance fibers. You can make the "rules." If your not healthy or not interested no biggie at all. I just always like to get up for a challenge and a difficult challenge it would be causei ts not the way I train. Rarely do I even do 12 reps of anything. I'm more the 6-8 rep kind now although we do burn out on 225 on bench day till failure but I never do it fresh as of late.

:food-:mil

Ill friendly challenge you Tyrone to a head to head 225 rep contest posted on board. Im about 190ish right now. Let me know. No disrespect intended. I think it would be challenging- What do ya think? Any interest? If ya win ill donate a couple hundred to a charity of your choice. All in good fun and entertaining....Would like a couple weeks- say April 1st or so to train my endurance fibers. You can make the "rules." If your not healthy or not interested no biggie at all. I just always like to get up for a challenge and a difficult challenge it would be causei ts not the way I train. Rarely do I even do 12 reps of anything. I'm more the 6-8 rep kind now although we do burn out on 225 on bench day till failure but I never do it fresh as of late.

the boladrol I am taking makes it hard to get past 10 reps...the pumps are outrageous.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear