over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bench press: 49 reps of 225 lbs.

haha we should run a pro muscle combine and have members rep out 225 on the bp and post their vids. maybe a sponsor would give out prizes haha. more of a powerlifting thing than bbing but itd be fun to see.

haha we should run a pro muscle combine and have members rep out 225 on the bp and post their vids. maybe a sponsor would give out prizes haha. more of a powerlifting thing than bbing but itd be fun to see.

Hey DB, i think they did something like that on the board awhile ago minus the prizes. A few guys posted up some pretty good reps.

By the way, where can I see that avatar pic of Canseco fullsize? Dont remember ever seeing that pic around...

Hey DB, i think they did something like that on the board awhile ago minus the prizes. A few guys posted up some pretty good reps.

Sounds like something before my time, i might post a thread and see what would be good with a contest and maybe prizes. Good talking to you BN

They should start bench pressing 315 for reps.

i did 49 1/2 reps.
that was in 3 workouts tho....
thats amazing. wonder what his max would be, and if that kinda strength translates to the field. cuz theres been guys who did like 1/2 that or so who are really good players.

A friend of mine is a freak of nature when it comes to benching and I personally spotted him for a set of 50 with 225, followed by 2 sets of 30 each. Keep in mind he only weighs 230 pounds

i did 49 1/2 reps.
that was in 3 workouts tho....
thats amazing. wonder what his max would be, and if that kinda strength translates to the field. cuz theres been guys who did like 1/2 that or so who are really good players.

Not really, I have no idea why they test 225xmax reps. It doesn't really mean much in terms of performance on field after you reach a certain threshold. Also, if you are doing over 10-12 reps or so, the ability to use that set as a predictor of your 1rm goes way down.

Pretty useless IMO. but, still fun to watch and that is pretty bad-ass.

They should start bench pressing 315 for reps.

that would fail miserably at the NFL combine :rolleyes:

its tough to judge which guys can rep and which guys can max, simply meaning that some MLB would be able to do 10 reps while others would do 1.

there are a hand full of top OL prospects that didnt break 25 reps at their testing this year.

225 is an ideal weight for everyone. Skill and the Big guys can both do it

he was damn close to getting a nice even 50.

i was watching a lot of the combine and the one commentator was like"whoever is next to follow should just pass" lol

i have played football for the last 26 years i am 33 played 2 seasons in the nfl some arena ball and now play semi pro with my bestfriends the 225 bench press is not a real determining factor for o lineman i am a olineman they should make them do incline bench. his 49 reps are impressive no doubt what plays against him is the fact he ahs short arms and a compact frame. look at a couple years ago jake long repped it for 37 times i think but his arms are a foot longer eventhough they play different positions its all about keeping the d linemans hands off you im sure he will have a good initial punch but benchpress strength is not a very good determing factor just my 2 pennies

Thats alot but how much does the guy weigh? Im 230 and have done 225 for 37 I mean I think it would be almost like comparing me to benching 185 or something. I like the bench press part of the combine but in all honesty I think they should use a guys body weight and use that as the gauge for how much weight they use for bench press test.

Impressive. I saw it on ESPN before it aired cause my sis used to work for them. I'm 6' and sitting at 290lb. right now. That makes me want to get healthy and crush that by far.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131