over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Benzoyl Peroxide for Acne

Yes it does but be careful with sun exposure. Used everything under the sun as a kid (ironically have zero acne now on gear) and benzoyl peroxide is a tried and true, but your skin will be more sensitive, in general, while using it. Make sure you are using a good moisturizer, in conjunction.

i envy the guys who can take this, salicylic acid, vitamin b5, or other otc supps and it work for them. nothing but accutane has ever worked for me.

I use it like regular body wash, I just get the walmart brand and also use salicilic acid body wash every time I shower

I used to use the PanOxyl brand. It worked pretty good at drying my face out. I have oily skin and any amount of sweat will make me break but the eyebrows. It's really annoying at my age. It doesn't matter how many showers i take or how often i clean my face. I'm not a pepperoni face but i still get a few red spots and pimples at nearly 40 years old on my back, face, and chest.

Anyway, the Panoxyl 10% Benzyl Peroxide cream wash worked well...until they changed their formula. They had to have because it no longer dries my face out the way it used to and i don't think my skin has changed. I also tried their 10% Benzyl Peroxide bar and it also did not dry my face out. I've tried generic brands from Amazon and Walgreen's store brand. Nothing seems to do it the way Panoxyl did about 5 or more years ago. Retin-A 10% helps me more than anything now these days.

Retin-A gel 0.05% would be my go-to if I had acne.

Meant to write that Retin-A 0.1% is what i take and also that i break out by the eyebrows.

This is all really helpful, guys. Thanks.

The acne is just on my back. Are you guys applying the cream then washing it off after a couple of minutes or do you let it sit for a while?

This is all really helpful, guys. Thanks.

The acne is just on my back. Are you guys applying the cream then washing it off after a couple of minutes or do you let it sit for a while?

Put it on and leave it on. A little bit goes a long way.

Reactions: RDS
Retin-A is the best. I also stimulates collagen. It’s a must use for anyone who cares about their skin. Make sure you use sunscreen with it.

Reactions: RDS
i’ll look into retin-a as well so thank you to everyone who recommended that

Thanks. Once a day enough?

Yes, once per day is good. Make sure whatever area you're applying it, cleanse that area beforehand. Let it dry before you apply the Retin-A. Don't put any lotions on directly afterwards. It needs to permeate through your skin to work effectively. Otherwise you'll dilute the Retin-A, rendering it less effective. Give it an hour+/- or so before you apply anything else afterwards.

I'd recommend a good Vitamin C serum in combination with it. I don't recall off the top of my head the pH value of the Vitamin C that's suggested. There's good info on the interwebs about the combination.

I'd look it up for you. Although I'm getting ready to hit my cardio and I'm running a bit late.

For me it always made mine worse. It would make it red and itchy. I always prefered salycylic acid.

Interesting. From what I've read the BP is the better choice for the type of acne I have, but I suppose I won't know for sure util I try it. If it causes irritation I'll try the salycylic acid next.

I might add use the lowest concentration you can get away with. Too concentrated can make it worse and make your skin very uncomfortable. Again, always use a moisturizer with SPF. Cerave and Cetaphil make modest priced, decent quality ones.

Fwiw, probably not much, a family member dated one of the dermatologists who had a hand in helping develop Accutane and he said it's an absolute last resort for cystic acne and should only be used for that reason for short periods of time. This was years ago, so perhaps today's medicine a bit more tame.

I might add use the lowest concentration you can get away with. Too concentrated can make it worse and make your skin very uncomfortable. Again, always use a moisturizer with SPF. Cerave and Cetaphil make modest priced, decent quality ones.

Fwiw, probably not much, a family member dated one of the dermatologists who had a hand in helping develop Accutane and he said it's an absolute last resort for cystic acne and should only be used for that reason for short periods of time. This was years ago, so perhaps today's medicine a bit more tame.

Thanks for the advice - I would have totally jumped in with the strongest I could find...

And I'm not interested in Accutane at all. If I had bad acne on my face I would probably feel different but I don't think my bacne is worth taking a "harsh" medication (I'm on enough of those as it is!). I'm lucky in that I never get any breakouts on my face.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131